How well do you fit your type? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How well do you fit your type?

From what I read ENFJ fits me best everytime - though I'm really shy - so I guess I go with INFJ - I still consider myself and introvert - is there such a thing as an introverted ENFJ? Probably not! I absolutely love making people feel special, that they're worth something and can achieve all they want to, I guess that's an INFJ trait too.

I have little aspects of a lot of types, INTJ seems to be in there, not that I say things out loud, but I think things they might sometimes, just don't say them haha. I feel like an ENFP sometimes from what I read. My P seems to come out when I'm more depressed, not sure if that makes sense lol

There are lots I don't identify with at all though, INTP for one, and most of the S types.

I think the cognitive functions test makes more sense to me, the one on Eharmony seemed good too, I liked those questions!

From what I read ENFJ fits me best everytime - though I'm really shy - so I guess I go with INFJ - I still consider myself and introvert - is there such a thing as an introverted ENFJ? Probably not!....

Actually, from my understanding of it, the ENFJs are the most introverted of the extroverts. So...you could very well be ENFJ. :D

Fairly well. The fact that I periodically agonize over whether I'm an INFJ or an INFP itself points to INFJ. I think Indigo sait best, though: enough to be comfortable with it, or something along those lines.

From what I read ENFJ fits me best everytime - though I'm really shy - so I guess I go with INFJ - I still consider myself and introvert - is there such a thing as an introverted ENFJ? Probably not! I absolutely love making people feel special, that they're worth something and can achieve all they want to, I guess that's an INFJ trait too.

I have little aspects of a lot of types, INTJ seems to be in there, not that I say things out loud, but I think things they might sometimes, just don't say them haha. I feel like an ENFP sometimes from what I read. My P seems to come out when I'm more depressed, not sure if that makes sense lol

There are lots I don't identify with at all though, INTP for one, and most of the S types.

I think the cognitive functions test makes more sense to me, the one on Eharmony seemed good too, I liked those questions!

Shyness does not equal introversion. It has to do how you respond to social activity. Does constant social activity with people you are friends with you energize you? or does it wear you out after a period of time. It has to do if you prefer to be alone, or with people.

not very well at all. ill explain more in detail later.

Shyness does not equal introversion. It has to do how you respond to social activity. Does constant social activity with people you are friends with you energize you? or does it wear you out after a period of time. It has to do if you prefer to be alone, or with people.

Hi Indigo, well with people I am friends with it energises me definitely - nothing I love more than spending weekends with my best friends and partying - I can usually keep going and going. Infact on a night out I'm usually the most extroverted and has to 'get everyone going', keep the conversation alive, make sure everyone's included, etc.

But if it's a group of less familiar people, like a big family gathering, or university acquaintances (not proper friends) familiar people, but I still can't be my real self, (I have developed quite a shyness/anxiety since highschool somehow) - it really de-energises me, to the point where I have to go and spend time alone to keep my sanity.

Another reason I thought I was an introvert is, I'm living at home right now and I'm pretty content spending most of my time alone - just me, my work and the interwebz. I'm going to leave again this year, but for the most part I don't crave seeing my friends or anything... though I do visit them once a month ish.

Part time extrovert maybe! I don't know the true difference anyway, I'm really new to this :) I usually test an introvert, but the ENFJ descriptions I read describe me the best^^

Hi Indigo, well with people I am friends with it energises me definitely - nothing I love more than spending weekends with my best friends and partying - I can usually keep going and going. Infact on a night out I'm usually the most extroverted and has to 'get everyone going', keep the conversation alive, make sure everyone's included, etc.

But if it's a group of less familiar people, like a big family gathering, or university acquaintances (not proper friends) familiar people, but I still can't be my real self, (I have developed quite a shyness/anxiety since highschool somehow) - it really de-energises me, to the point where I have to go and spend time alone to keep my sanity.

Another reason I thought I was an introvert is, I'm living at home right now and I'm pretty content spending most of my time alone - just me, my work and the interwebz. I'm going to leave again this year, but for the most part I don't crave seeing my friends or anything... though I do visit them once a month ish.

Part time extrovert maybe! I don't know the true difference anyway, I'm really new to this :) I usually test an introvert, but the ENFJ descriptions I read describe me the best^^

Your're an ENFJ.

My type has always been changing throughout the time I have taken mbti assessments, now that I feel at my best(extreme euphoria) I feel like an ENFJ and have gotten ENFJ results.I think I might be a borderline E/I, I know I'm pretty much an N, my F is rather low but stable now, and my J is very strong now as well, it is not my I/E that has come to question. I love helping others really, I love teaching, telling others my ideas, and I experience extreme feelings but at the same time I can be pretty much a recluse an need a lot of the time alone to introspect and reflect though it happens a lot when I'm stressed, I am a very shy E if I am one that is for sure, and I certainly now if I am one it is more like a 50/50 split.

Your're an ENFJ.

Alright, does make sense the more I think about it - thanks for your input too!

Racoon - Yes I seem similar to you, really it depends on the company though - I have quite a fine line between people I'm really comfortable with and people that "de-energise" me - part-time friends for example, if you know what I mean?

If I am helping people though - and can see they're enthusiastic about it, it always energises me, no matter how much I do - same with close friends. New work places however stress me out and I need to spend the evening alone for the most part. I also don't like small-talk with strangers, like during a haircut or taxi ride, it's easier for me to sit quiet unless that feels too awkward!

Edit - oh and to add, there are "infj" things, which I really feel I don't have strongly, like the "6th sense" type thing, I read about activists/causes too, that's not really stuff I'm into. I don't think my intuitions extra strong like I read about with INFJs. My INFP friend's is definitely stronger than mine for example.

Last edited:
:) :) :) hahahaa until now I'm kind of confused :( :(

I feel very very INFJ-y when I'm depressed :m192:otherwise, not really

:( :( :( heeheehee:m075:

Racoon - Yes I seem similar to you, really it depends on the company though - I have quite a fine line between people I'm really comfortable with and people that "de-energise" me - part-time friends for example, if you know what I mean?

I also don't like small-talk with strangers, like during a haircut or taxi ride, it's easier for me to sit quiet unless that feels too awkward!

I have a lot of part-time friends ahahahha I NEED people that I like to feel complete/ happy.... because when I don't, I feel very alone.... but there are some who de-energize me

I don't like small-talk with strangers too...... sitting quiet when having a haircut is too awkward to me.. but I don't like to talk too.. so... I hate having haircuts ahahahahah

Hey Soulseeker - seems this is a pretty common thing around here - ENFJs bursting to get out! Tbh though, I don't think I know how it feels to be an INFJ, I just don't have this intuition I keep reading about. I just turn into an introverted ENFJ^^

Oh another thing, not sure if this is relevant, but I have an introverted friend who has always has trouble sleeping - I on the other hand sleep like a log, and it would take quite a large bomb outsite my window to wake me! As I said no idea if that's relevant at all.

Speaking of Haircuts, I gotta get one this week - wish me luck! :m142:

Hey Soulseeker - seems this is a pretty common thing around here - ENFJs bursting to get out! Tbh though, I don't think I know how it feels to be an INFJ, I just don't have this intuition I keep reading about. I just turn into an introverted ENFJ^^

Oh another thing, not sure if this is relevant, but I have an introverted friend who has always has trouble sleeping - I on the other hand sleep like a log, and it would take quite a large bomb outsite my window to wake me! As I said no idea if that's relevant at all.

Speaking of Haircuts, I gotta get one this week - wish me luck! :m142:

Well before, when everyone hated me :( :( :( , and I felt really alone and depressed I really really really really feel like an INFJ..

I don't even know if I'm an ENFJ ahahahahah I know i have that intuition... and I don't fit in very well ... ESPECIALLY with people my age... most of the people I'm close to are like people who are 30 and above :) :) :) ahahahah

maybe it's because of my classmates this year....they seem to suit my personality very very well.....so I am able to redeem myself... and be myself

and I kinda realized that I REALLY REALLY HAVE TO BE WITH PEOPLE to feel good and peaceful... I NEED PEOPLE to give me this peaceful feeling...I only need to re-energize and be alone when I'm with people who I don't like ahahhahaha and people who have that bad vibes :) :) :)

haircuts!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) yes it feels really awkward... telling the hairstylist what cut you like.... that's why I end up not wanting the haircut I want because when the hairstylist cuts my hair, he asks me if it's okay.. and I don't want to offend him or something... I just can't speak out what I want.... so I just stare awkwardly at myself at the mirror......

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA :) :) :) :) :) :m155:

I suck.

Alright, does make sense the more I think about it - thanks for your input too!

If I am helping people though - and can see they're enthusiastic about it, it always energises me, no matter how much I do - same with close friends. New work places however stress me out and I need to spend the evening alone for the most part. I also don't like small-talk with strangers, like during a haircut or taxi ride, it's easier for me to sit quiet unless that feels too awkward!

Edit - oh and to add, there are "infj" things, which I really feel I don't have strongly, like the "6th sense" type thing, I read about activists/causes too, that's not really stuff I'm into. I don't think my intuitions extra strong like I read about with INFJs. My INFP friend's is definitely stronger than mine for example.

Well to tell you the truth I have pretty much avoided social contact lol so I really don't have any line of people I can really relate to, I know you might call me crazy, a person who appears to be a ''loner'' as an E, but the truth is I have extreme social anxiety, I am very shy, though I do enjoy helping people, after such help is done, I loose communication and even though I love holding conversation and I adore sharing my thoughts, I just can't keep any sort of conversation or maintain a friendship. My Ni has always been quite strong and I am very into things you might consider INFJ like but the truth is that helping others comes first no matter how draining it is, showing a preference for primary Fe.

and I kinda realized that I REALLY REALLY HAVE TO BE WITH PEOPLE to feel good and peaceful... I NEED PEOPLE to give me this peaceful feeling...I only need to re-energize and be alone when I'm with people who I don't like ahahhahaha and people who have that bad vibes :) :) :)

I'm no expert Soulseeker, but this part sounds like an extrovert to me! :) Ack, and yeah, telling the hairdresser you love it at the end - that's the icing on the small talk cake! Anyway, I'm not fearing it so much now!

Raccoon Love said:
Well to tell you the truth I have pretty much avoided social contact lol so I really don't have any line of people I can really relate to, I know you might call me crazy, a person who appears to be a ''loner'' as an E, but the truth is I have extreme social anxiety, I am very shy, though I do enjoy helping people, after such help is done, I loose communication and even though I love holding conversation and I adore sharing my thoughts, I just can't keep any sort of conversation or maintain a friendship. My Ni has always been quite strong and I am very into things you might consider INFJ like but the truth is that helping others comes first no matter how draining it is, showing a preference for primary Fe.

Hi Racoon, aw that's sad. I know what you mean about shyness - my shyness somehow developed around 16 when I left to a new school, before that I was friends with everyone! Now it's hard to make really good friends - but it happens, so don't lose hope. If your Fe is strong then maybe you should try and use it as much as you can, luckily I am part of lots of some online Art communities. So I can get my "fix" offering help and advice to people most of the day - it really helps me get through the day easily, and is enriching to watch people develop.

Do you have this feeling that you'll end up doing a job which involves helping people, like teaching? While I'm a freelance Artist right now, I have this feeling it's never going to be enough - one day I'm going to have to get into Art education. Luckily there's plenty of opportunities to do this online these days, so I wouldn't have to stand in front of a load of students, woo.

So, um, after this mini-rant what I'm trying to say is, strong Fe - use it as much as possible and I'm sure you'll discover what you want to do best.

As for making long-term friends, yes it's hard for me - I've only picked up around 7-8 solid friends over my 29 years! It can happen, I'm sure you'll meet new people and eventually click for good - you certainly seem nice enough to me :)

Wow what a long thread from a first post that I never actually finished it was supposed to have a poll and stuff but I got interrupted.

INTJ fits me perfectly.

The description of INTJ could use some work.