How to Recognize an INFJ | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How to Recognize an INFJ

Guys! Don't forget to use that as a cheesy pick up line!

"Hey Babe, Mind if I sniff ya....I'm looking for a [insert applicable floral scent]"

Last edited:
Hey baby, mind if I sniff ya, I'm looking for a nosegay?

*slowly eases away* in horror

*spouts poetry* There once was a girl whom all called Slant
She never wore skirts, no she only liked pants
She was often prone to outrages, oh she loved to rant
And that was the ballad of the girl called Slant.

back you sniffing beastie, you!

I think MM found Slant's kryptonite....... Or at least something that will make her do this...

Slant, don't do that... k?

Last edited:
INFJ's just have this "look" to them. With a small amount of pratice, it isn't hard to see. As an example, this is a picture of my mom (I doubt she will mind me posting this), and a picture of me, as both of us are INFJ's:

5141_1063740080895_1447774319_30146007_7977157_n.jpg

0907250023.png

It can be hard to capture on camera, though. It's easier to see when they're natural, unfocused, with their face relaxed...

^^ Awe Indy.. your mom is so beautiful and you are so handsome! Good looks must run in the family. :D

Also I see what you mean about the "look". There is actually that thread Von Hase started about it... around here somewhere.

Reactions: domino
Haha, thanks Dneecey. Yeah, that thread is floating around here somewhere, I haven't seen it bumped for a while.

It can be hard to capture on camera, though. It's easier to see when they're natural, unfocused, with their face relaxed...

Yes, in that state it is almost impossible to miss. I posted these two as an example because I don't have any "blank look" pictures that I can find at the moment, and the one of my mom that really shows it (because of a "blank look") is one where she is in a very skimpy bikini, and I don't want to post it for her sake, haha!

That being said, you can still tell if someone is making an expression and is being genuine. I read faces very easily so I can usually see through them.

I'm pretty clumsy, I think I'm really way too concious and scared of fallign that I over compensate and end up falling anyway.

Also, I think we're so wrapped up in caring for other people that we neglect ourselves but on purpose. I think it's sort of subconcious that we think we don't deserve to be happy because of this, that or the other. But, I could be wrong.

As I see, INFJ's tend to have restrained smile

I do see what you mean about the similar look, IndigoSensor ^^" I can definitely see myself and another INFJ (most likely) that I know with similarities.
Kind of half-closed eyes (relaxed/sleepy?) and (as Pagan_heart said) a slightly 'restrained' smile. It's actually quite scary ^^"

I agree on the smile thing. I also notice this when I see pictures of myself. That smile is always there, although I'm not aware of it.

Yes, the restrained smile. I don't even mean to do it and it's there. I do have a few pictures of me though where I don't even know the photo's beings taken of me. I look alot more relaxed though I'm not smiling.

My photo smile is restrained, although I don't think it appears that way in real life. My eyes are almost always relaxed, though, and I began consciously working on that in photos a few years ago to make them seem less...fake.

I'd have to look to find a natural photo that isn't a really bad snapshot (like when someone takes a picture while you're talking -- that's never very flattering)

I'd have to look to find a natural photo that isn't a really bad snapshot (like when someone takes a picture while you're talking -- that's never very flattering)

I agree. There's a few photos people have taken of me that make me want to kick their faces in. Like when I've just woken up in the morning and I come out to get breakfast... SNAP! Sooo mean!

yes, this is the reason i avoid cameras and video recording devices. otherwise, my facial expressions are very relaxed or somewhat blank instead of forced or reluctant.

Indigo, your mother is so beautiful! it seems you have her gorgeous eyes :)

it was interesting that today a friend of mine described the way i walk as 'gliding' as in her words, it is because i have good posture and seldom move my upper torso when walking. she also suggested including a long gypsy skirt to accentuate the fact...:m190:

I think we're very prone to "plugging in" to our music and just spacing out, no matter where or when.

Could just be me though.

^^I don't do that if I could be rude in doing it...but yes. I do that whenever I can :D