How to Recognize an INFJ | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

How to Recognize an INFJ

A lot of nice answers. I didn't take the time to read them all, but I did notice this seemed to be missing from those I read.

INFJ's are a private personality upon meeting. However, they do possess the ability to mimic other personalities as they feel fit for their current encounter.

So if you recognize an INFJ it's more than likely because they wanted you to.

If you recognized one, you found his hiding spot.

We're basically animals...

Reactions: Free
I find that bumping into things is my awkward way of saying hello, everyone tends to look at me and smile making me want to run but too nervous I'll fall in the process making it twice awkward. Followed by 100 ums while I try to figure out what was asked because I was lost thinking I hope no one sees me having the conversation in my head before answering. So I smile hoping the clock goes a bit faster

First to the physical: I am extremely conscious of my body when I walk. It feels like I am being under constant surveillance, so I try to walk more confidently. I concentrate so much, sometimes I trip more often on flat surfaces than on stairs. And IF I trip on the stairs, it's always going up. However, I am really good at catching. The other day, I didn't even really notice that something was falling out of the fridge, but I caught it anyway. Gosh, I was so proud of that, but nobody was home.

Now to the internal and watching-stuff: I wince at embarassing scenes. I can often tell what a certain character is going to say (I had it just now with the Doctor, latest ep), and I can't watch horror movies like Saw, but I found the ending of Final Destination 2 so hilarious I laughed. One image of Trainspotting will never ever leave me... and I knew from the lack of it in the previous shot that it was going to come. It's like, the more probable a situation is to happen -- in a movie or series -- the more intensely I feel what they must be feeling. It's like it's only possible for me to disengage (even to the tiniest degree) if what is displayed is utterly bonkers. This is when "the devil in the details" takes over that has to question everything, asking why or how.
I have to force myself to look at people when talking to them (which means, I usually just don't), I have had that since forever (I only noticed it in very few situations), but I have hardly any scruples watching complete strangers in public places. And I do tend to adapt to my social surroundings. And probably opposing everything I just wrote, I love sarcasm. I just do. And I love applying it... when I can, which is not as often as I'd like. I mean, I feel like people have to know me before I can allow myself that freedom, that otherwise they wouldn't know that I was being sarcastic, you know?

BTW, with the other stuff, glad I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa and Littlelissa
I managed to do some weird thing with my clothes the other day. I cycled somewhere with a builders bum. I had no idea what so ever until I got to where I was going and a friend took me aside and re-adjusted my clothes. Lol.

giphy.gif

Shifting appearance.

Von is spot-on yet again! :thumb:

EDIT: I think I almost knocked myself out going to work one day - I thought I had crouched enough to start moving sideways into my car, but my car disagreed and beaned my head good! I have even tripped over nothing before. Going up some stairs, I thought there was one more, there wasn't, and I almost landed on my face! Clumsy: check!
ROFL

huh... not totally agree

step 1.... i think ... infj is only quiet when they have not yet gain enough reconition and attention, and confidence, when one gain certain level of reconition and attention, and confidence, they will appear extrovert in most social situations.
True for me, however I can't keep up the extroversion for long.

step 2... infj is more vage and indirect compare to the norm by nature, ( brainstorming style VS mathmatic style)
At times.

step 4... i donno how other INFJs are, but yeah, i buy clouth coz the look, function comes later. the lust for brand names are never my motivation for the purches
I purchase functional clothing and look for sales on quality merchandise.

to reconize INFJ... huh... maybe its when u donno if he or she is good or bad on the first meeting, and the reactions and facial/eyes movements doesnt fit into consistent stereotypes??[/QUOTE]
Maybe when INTP stares at INFJ and they dunno wat to do.

Hum...

Well I like knowing that someone I'll be around for a little bit has tested INFJ. And then from there...I can just observe their interactions/retractions and then speculate as to what stage they're in. What they desire...etc.

Sometimes it's clear. Sometimes not...it depends.

It always depends.

Reactions: Happy Phantom
Here's my take on how to spot an INFJ.

INFJs are deep thinkers who are more concerned with 'why' and 'how' than 'what if' or their current surroundings.
INFJs are people who are more emotionally involved in how they feel things should be than their own personal interactions.

INFJs can look right through you, but have trouble looking at you.
INFJs often know what is about to happen, but sometimes not what is happening.
INFJs want to know why, but get annoyed with people who ask what if.
INFJs will tell you things that make no sense today, and perfect sense tomorrow.

INFJs know how they feel about everything, except themselves.
INFJs know how the world should be, but are seldom able to explain it.
INFJs are more emotionally charged by events that happen to the people they care about than events that happen to themselves.
INFJs will take one for the team without hesitating.

Wowza~ You wrote that rather well. I find myself agreeing with about 95% against my will. Very good. I crown you with the cap of articulateness.

Reactions: Wyote