How strong is your intuition? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How strong is your intuition?

I would agree with you arbygil except I would say it has never steered me wrong.

I would agree with you arbygil except I would say it has never steered me wrong.

Hee...I can think of one or two instances where I was *totally* caught off guard, but I think it was because of timing (or the other person was lying - but I couldn't prove it). Intuition is right, but when the timing for it is off it can cause a parcel full of problems. :p

hahaha I would agree with that!
There have been times in my life where I've been so disappointed in a "How could my intuition be so wrong!?" kind of way. But then you get a few years under your belt and you start to see the synchronicity and you get some aha moments.

I've have lots of precognitive episodes....pain in the ass really. As I usually only get a flash of a scene which doesn't make sense until I approach when it happens in subjective time....then I get that deja vu feeling. Usually a series of flashs are related to some end....and I believe those flashs are like warnings. Change what you are doing and stop 'whatever' from coming to pass. I don't really understand it all, am not going to try to.

This. It happens to me alot. I have no idea what to do with the info I receive, it can be frustrating. It not like you can walk up to someone and be like ''Hey I had a dream about you...etc"

But I do my trust intuition when it comes to myself and how things will play out around me.

My intuition is really strong. I can't explain it but I know what someone is going to say before they speak the words. I sometimes find myself answering them before they even ask or say something, and then I am faced with the question "How did you know what I was about to say?" I also have feelings about things, I trust my instinct. If something doesn't feel right to me, I usually won't do it. a little later on I find out that the certain event was really bad or something went wrong.

Also as stated earleir :
Synchronicities and intuition rule my life.

I can't explain it but I know what someone is going to say before they speak the words. I sometimes find myself answering them before they even ask or say something, and then I am faced with the question "How did you know what I was about to say?"

Happens to me alot too. I need to know the person decently though.

At the fullest I can feel a direct connection to what I know as the Future, Passion and God.

The Future allows me to feel the potential paths of people's future including my own (possibly ward people/myself away from bad routes).

God tells me whether it's right or wrong to go through with something and hints at which doors to take in life.

Passion gives me the strength to pierce through negativity and connect. It also allows me to look into the person's heart and soul very aggressively and truthfully.

When all three are at high levels I can usually help someone with deep seated problems (mentally/spiritually) . When I'm exhausted (usually from cleansing) I lose connection with some of them if not all of them.

I can exactly feel when each of those connections are back again.

Whether or not all/some of these things actually exist in reality isn't important to me. I see results from the method I use and they work at goals I want to achieve in life.

VERY.

In fact, I don't call myself obstinate for nothing :).

I didn't understand it, but I always felt out of sync with the people around me. Like I was destined for something so much greater than they could imagine. I've felt this since I was very very young. And I knew that I loved being around people, evne though I was, and still am, a pretty introverted person. I always get this chill from helping out people, or people helping me. I love that feeling more than anything.

And with intuition, I always follow that feeling. Wherever I feel it'll take me. Because it has gotten me through so many terrible situations, and helped me achieve greatness. But I don't feel that I know it all; contrary to what most people think of me, I do not feel that I know it all. But what I can intuit (and what gets me in trouble often) is that I can easily tell who will get me to that place I feel I need to be, and who will become a detour somewhere along the line. And when they get to that point where they ready their detour and say things like "You're a nice guy and all, but I don't like how you do this..." Then I get very defensive, often leading to a broken friendship. But what's more important, one friend or finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that is life? :)

I had an interesting moment earlier today.

Whenever I am in the dining hall, I prefer to eat alone. It is a time for me to recharge, and people watch as well. Natrually, people watching is a highly intuitive Ni act. Some random person walked by, and I had a thought about him. I knew what the thought was, but the odd part is, there were no words attached to it at all. I knew what I felt about this person, and I had it worked out. I was unsure between him being this one way or another, but there were no words. For the most part when I see someone under this catagory I think "ah ha, that makes soooo much sense" and usually don't need words beyond it, but I get that far. But in this case, I didn't get to that point at all. The strange thing is, I completly understood what my thought was. But because It literally had no thought words to it, it was sort of unnerving in a sense. I tried to force myself to put words to it, and the more I tried, the more frustrated I became. Eventually I let it go, and felt fine. It all made sense with how I felt in the end, but still no words. Almost over-intuition? lol

Um, I have a great sense of who someone is by listening into their walking.. Like I'll be upstairs and someone will walk in and I'll know within seconds who it is.
And especially recently I'll be thinking of someone and they'll txt me within the hour lol.
Nothing special though xD

I didn't understand it, but I always felt out of sync with the people around me. Like I was destined for something so much greater than they could imagine. I've felt this since I was very very young.

I HATE THAT! I feel like there is this amazing potential that I haven't unlocked. Makes me feel lazy.

I would say so. I don't know...it's kinda hard to explain, but if I think about something it usually comes true. I always chalk it up to luck...but some of these instances just seem to be too coincidental. Now not always does this happen, but a fair amount of the time it does.

The Future allows me to feel the potential paths of people's future including my own (possibly ward people/myself away from bad routes).

N

God tells me whether it's right or wrong to go through with something and hints at which doors to take in life.

F

Passion gives me the strength to pierce through negativity and connect. It also allows me to look into the person's heart and soul very aggressively and truthfully.

J

At first, i didn't think i have any intuition but after looking a day of two of my life, I know i have it. Just a few things that never pops out because it seems too normal for me.

Synchronicity is probability? I'm abstract and imaginative and all that but I don't get that many 'premonitions' or assumptions I don't pin down and interrogate only to find out my lame hypothesis has been broken down and digested to flushed excretion.. shitty analogy tickling my empty belly but alas trufax; the factors could add up and suggest my inference but I haven't gotten enough chances to have my intuition predictably validated to feed my ego. >:p I've dealt with more instances where I could identify the possible causes of a given scenario. (backtracking)

I believe I developed my intuition as a result of growing up in a poor and rather chaotic family. "Life came at us fast," as they say in the commercial and being able to intuit my parents' moods and actions was key to survival. This ability to tune in to others didn't go away when I left home, but rather grew stronger. The times I have chosen to ignore it (e.g., my two marriages), I have always ended up regretting it.

It was really helpful, though extremely painful at times, to be so tuned in to my son who has schizophrenia. Still, it helped him get the assistance he needed and he's doing extremely well for someone his age with his diagnosis, so I guess it was worth the cost. My partner/roomie of 15 years--who is a 'T'--has always encouraged me to follow my intuition because when I don't, I make my biggest mistakes.

I'd say my intuition is less a matter of pre-cognition--though I've had some of those experiences too--but one of tuning in to people, especially those close to me. Even with complete strangers, though, I can usually tell when someone means me harm.

I wonder sometimes if it is my intuition, which is really more a matter of extreme empathy, that compels total strangers to tell me their problems, sometimes their life stories. Once my roomie, my son and I were waiting for a bus in the Greyhound station. Roomie and son were hungry and went to McDonald's a block away to pick up a burger. They were gone only 15 minutes, but by the time they returned, a woman in the station had come up to me and confided her problems with a daughter who was mentally ill and locked up in one of the state hospitals, which was exacerbating the girl's condition. Getting her out and back into the community was something my roomie--an advocate extraordinaire--could help her with, though the woman had no way of knowing that when she came up to me and struck up the conversation. My roomie got involved in the situation and the daughter was later released to her mother's care.

Despite living with this thing, intuition, empathy--whatever you want to call it--most of my life, I still find it hard to trust it at times, especially when it contradicts what my wayward little heart wants (e.g., the marriages).

yeah i have had alot of those kind of experiences, the ones where i just have a feeling i'm going to meet someone i maybe haven't spoken to in months and then i just do. but the most bizzare experience i ever had was the last time i got that deja vu feeling, i kinda walked myself through it and was able to tell exactly what was going to happen. it was pretty cool, i'm looking forward to my next bout of deja vu to see if i can do it again