How often have you fallen in love? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How often have you fallen in love?

I don't think that's truly love. Infatuation? Dependance? But, I don't think its possible to purposely hurt another person from the same place that love is.
Well, you're probably not a crazy person then.

But I am of the opinion that it's bad news to say that love is entirely feeling. Feelings are subjective and they fluctuate. Usually, they're inappropriate and misguided. And when a crazy person justifies their intense possessive-obsessiveness as being love, well, that's just what happens.

Anyway, I'm skeptical of love. I don't really think there's anything transcendant about it.

Love is a bond that helps to ensure survival. Mothers bond with babies and keep them alive. Children love their parents because their parents care for them and they love their siblings because instinctually, they know they share the same genes and that's what we're here for: To keep the genes going.

Adults bond with other adults (hopefully, after the frenzied romantic infatuation wears off) and help one another cope emotionally, physically, financially, etc. etc.

Romantic love only exists because we're drawn to people who make us feel good about ourselves. There's something very narcissistic about romantic love, but I'll still partake! Just sayin'.

I only decide to fall in love when I am able to reasonably predict that the person will make a good partner and help me cope with life's hardships. I'm willing to reciprocate, because it doesn't work one way and I know that.

Last edited:
Anyway, I'm skeptical of love. I don't really think there's anything transcendant about it.

Love is a bond that helps to ensure survival. Mothers bond with babies and keep them alive. Children love their parents because their parents care for them and they love their siblings because instinctually, they know they share the same genes and that's what we're here for: To keep the genes going.

Adults bond with other adults (hopefully, after the frenzied romantic infatuation wears off) and help one another cope emotionally, physically, financially, etc. etc.

Romantic love only exists because we're drawn to people who make us feel good about ourselves. There's something very narcissistic about romantic love, but I'll still partake! Just sayin'.

I definitely agree. But at the same time I'm hoping to be proven wrong. Kinda like the existence of God. :p

Reactions: acd
Call it love, call it a crush, call it a simple reaction... whatever it is, I've certainly had it. Maybe it was stronger sometimes than others, but it was there.

The first one I fell for was, quite honestly, the girl living next door to me. She and her family was the latest in a series of renters we've had in that house next to ours, but we really enjoyed having them around. Thing was, I didn't notice her or start to feel something for her until it was too late (we even were in the same Confirmation class together, and I still wasn't hooked on her!). Unfortunately, by the time I had squared away my feelings, her family moved back to Louisiana and though I've friended her on Facebook, we've never spoken since.

The second was at college. She was the roommate of one of my best friends, who I'd known all through high school. Again, I fell in love rather late, and then discovered much to my dismay that she already had a boyfriend. This became a pattern for me, unfortunately.

I tried to tell another girl how I felt about her, but she overrided my chance when she asked about a friend of mine, whom she began to date almost immediately afterward. I finally did tell one girl that I was in love with her, trying to be as respectful to her feelings as possible when I did, and I felt no shame at all when she told me later that, though I was a nice guy, she didn't feel the same way.

I'm not bitter, though. I just think the person I'm looking for is still out there, and when the time is right, we'll come together. Call it true love, call it finding a mate, call it animal instinct, but it'll happen.

Call it love, call it a crush, call it a simple reaction... whatever it is, I've certainly had it. Maybe it was stronger sometimes than others, but it was there.

The first one I fell for was, quite honestly, the girl living next door to me. She and her family was the latest in a series of renters we've had in that house next to ours, but we really enjoyed having them around. Thing was, I didn't notice her or start to feel something for her until it was too late (we even were in the same Confirmation class together, and I still wasn't hooked on her!). Unfortunately, by the time I had squared away my feelings, her family moved back to Louisiana and though I've friended her on Facebook, we've never spoken since.

The second was at college. She was the roommate of one of my best friends, who I'd known all through high school. Again, I fell in love rather late, and then discovered much to my dismay that she already had a boyfriend. This became a pattern for me, unfortunately.

I tried to tell another girl how I felt about her, but she overrided my chance when she asked about a friend of mine, whom she began to date almost immediately afterward. I finally did tell one girl that I was in love with her, trying to be as respectful to her feelings as possible when I did, and I felt no shame at all when she told me later that, though I was a nice guy, she didn't feel the same way.

I'm not bitter, though. I just think the person I'm looking for is still out there, and when the time is right, we'll come together. Call it true love, call it finding a mate, call it animal instinct, but it'll happen.

Your 22 and you've been in love four times?!?!?

Your 22 and you've been in love four times?!?!?

Do you think that's much or little?

That's twice as many as me :p

Even so I'm sure you will find your soulmate or special someone. I know who mine is but I will never have her :(

Do you think that's much or little?

That's twice as many as me :p

Even so I'm sure you will find your soulmate or special someone. I know who mine is but I will never have her :(

The one and only time I've been in love was at the age of 22. I've had crushes, and almost-falling-in-loves with people. I try not to think about the soulmate thing. I feel I have already met him (like a year ago), and it will not work. I hope there's something else out there.

I don't fall in love often (twice), but when it comes, it always change me a little. It shakes me properly. One can do strange thing because of love.

Last edited:
I don't fall in love often (twice), but when it comes, it always change me a little. It shakes me properly. One can do strange thing because of love.

That's what love SHOULD do.

Once, but I was in love with my new identity in the relationship as much as I was in love with her.

It's a hard to resist the temptation of seeing yourself through someone elses eyes when they love you.

Only once. And I'm terrified of ever falling in love again. :m196:

The actual love itself, or the fear of being let down if you do?

Both. I feel vulnerable, like my emotions are out of control when I fall in love with someone (if that makes sense). And the fear of being let down too, that's the biggest reason.

Crushes? Yea.
Been in love? No.
Haven't met him yet.

I've had several crushes before, but falling in love ? Once.

Twice. The first was an INTJ, great with conversation but about as cuddly as a brick.

The other girl, an ENFP and the exact opposite of the first. They are still both very dear to me though.

Last edited:
twice, 1st time to the girl I lost my V to the 2nd I dated for 8 years.

I wouldn't say I've every been truly in love...but I've "fallen" twice in my life. I've noticed that It's not that easy for me to just fall for people. I've got to have good reasons.

I don't want to count the crushes from grade school. as of high school just one major crush. ended quite horribly, but I foresaw that (really, I first saw his picture, predicted I would fall for him, AND predicted he would break my heart. and not out of sheer pessimism either) Ok so he didn't break my heart. I hate that term. He left me vastly disappointed. anywho, one major crush that I ac tually wish to count. the others were just....fascinations if you will.

I think I may have been in love twice. But they were different degrees of love. The first one was my first love, we were together for a year. People knew as as the couple you couldn't see together, but really couldn't imagine apart. The second time was with someone I really wanted to be with from the start. Like go to homecoming dance with when you are technically going out with someone else and have a fabulous time bad. When you want something really badly, you'd do flips to try and keep it right? Yeah, that didn't work out. I'm dreading the upcoming school year because I don't know how I'm going to handle seeing him again.