How often have you fallen in love? | INFJ Forum

How often have you fallen in love?

Sithious

Jun 13, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
So, how often have you fell in love with someone? Or crush if you like.

Personally only 2 times, one was a crush that lasted less than a month. The other is a high school crush from 5 years back and I still dream about her, so basically been enchanted for 5 years and she is popping up in my dreams very often, even though I haven't seen her once the past 2 years, which can't be normal.

So that made me wonder, is this usual for INFJ's or have you guys and gals had many more than me?

I would have to say... never. the times I felt were love, in reflection, were nothing more than a deep attachment and dependency on one another.

Once. Took me totally by surprise, too.

I would say a few times, but everytime it happens anew, I end up editing my definition of love. It's like these boys are rough drafts to be revised on my philosophy of the stuff.

Reactions: midnightmelody
I was enchanted with a girl for years ever since I was very young.

I moved away with my family and always thought of her, dreamed of her, fantasized about her. This went on for a long time.

I think I attached all my positive feelings of being happy and being home to her, so I leaned on the idea of her quite heavily. That was my first love.

There is this other girl that I was involved with, and I love her as a friend, but I felt that the romance wasn't there...I don't know why. I didn't feel as if I needed her.

The third girl I became enamored with was much like my first love...except this time things worked out for a short time. A few months built up to a period of a few weeks when we talked all night, we kissed and cuddled and fell asleep together. It was like an amazing dream. But then I felt things falling apart, and it became apparent that she was only interested in being friends.

More than anything else, I want love. I don't want to give up on it, but holding on to hope hurts. Maybe that's what makes us stronger than the average bear.

I think I've had strong feelings for about 1, maybe 2 guys, but I'm not sure if I would define that as love yet. A connection, sure, but love is pushing it

I've been in lots of relationships and was married for years, but I don't think in any of them, was I truly in love.

I've loved many guys (and been infatuated with many guys), but I've only been IN love with one.

He was my very first boyfriend and I ended up dating for 3.5 years throughout high school. He had terrible psychological issues and our relationship was toxic. However, I deeply, deeply loved him. Our relationship exploded in the end and it took me months to get over. Since then, I have yet to fall IN love.

Again, I have (and do) love(d) many guys. Sometimes I am surprised when I realise just how much I love some of guys in my life. I am not always aware of these feelings :D

I don't believe 'love' exists. It's a combination of daydreaming and idealism which I don't retain.

I am capable of having 'crushes' that are not based on physical appearance. It doesn't occur much to me anymore- I don't know why, it used to happen all the time in the past. But basically I'd meet someone and become 'obsessive'. I would hang out with them all the time, talk to them all the time, and then at a certain point I would know all there was to know about them, or whatever piece of information I ewas trying to gather about them, and I would no longer be interested in that person. These days it semes like I gather information more quickly since I am more direct than I used to be about it, and the droppng of friends as a result of that occurs much faster.

Last edited:
I don't believe 'love' exists. It's a combination of daydreaming and idealism which I don't retain.

I am capable of having 'crushes' that are not based on physical appearance. It doesn't occur much to me anymore- I don't know why, it used to happen all the time in the past. But basically I'd meet someone and become 'obsessive'. I would hang out with them all the time, talk to them all the time, and then at a certain point I would know all there was to know about them, or whatever piece of information I ewas trying to gather about them, and I would no longer be interested in that person. These days it semes like I gather information more quickly since I am more direct than I used to be about it, and the droppng of friends as a result of that occurs much faster.

So are you here because INFJs are harder to figure out?

No. I was here because I thought I was an INFJ and then I wasn't and I was already an established member. But I like INFJs because they tend to babble a lot about things (once you get the comfortable enough to start talking). The only thing I have problems discussing with INFJs is anything that breeches the subject of morals, because, as it is, they tend to hold very rigid ones.

Love is a Chemical Reaction in the brain. I've fallen in love a bunch of times. I've also fallen out of love a bunch of times. I've had really long relationships and really short relationships. Once they ended I just got right back on the horse, so to say.

I want to say thrice, once for every serious relationship I've been in, and another for that strange, mutual, more-than-friends affection thing that never ended up turning into a relationship anyway. But it's not that simple. Every 'love' turned out to be progressively better than the next as I've matured over the years, and I think that only recently I'm truly old enough and wise enough to appreciate and understand what an adult love is like. I've always held back a little in the past; this time around, I was in there completely, body and soul.

The chemistry between us was just... wow.

I don't think I've ever fallen in love with anyone. I thought I might possibly be in love with a friend but the thought scared the bajeebus out of me. :m077:

As for crushes, I can say I've had about four my entire life. The longest being 2 years.

I've only been truly in love with two people. The first I was in a relationship with for four years until. The second one, she's gay.

Truly in love with someone, twice for now. I can tell when I truly like someon when I think about the person a lot and then I dream of them. Or I just dream of them.