How often have you fallen in love? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How often have you fallen in love?

Although I have loved and do love many people (friends), I've only ever fallen truly 'in love' once. Unfortunately, I have never really been able to act on it because the feelings have never been mutual. Still, it is the most beautiful (and somewhat terrifying) feeling I have ever experienced. I think that some people think that love is overrated or is some sort of fantasy, but in my experience, the saying of 'you know when you know' is true because I did not understand 'being in love' before this. I hope to find it again - I can only imagine how wonderful it must be to free to openly express love to somebody.

Last edited:
Ok, a lot has been said already on this slightly old post. I will add my two "sense" to it--twice for me. The first was in college, she was my first (and I hers), it lasted two years. I was young, naive, and though it would never end. The second, to my wife. Again, very intense to start, then settling in to a comfortable groove--for a while.

I believe it exists and is not just chemicals in the brain, or instinctual human behavoir. It's a combination of many things, including a spirital component. If you've ever really been in it, you don't forget it. You're always seeking it. You always want to perfect it. Maybe that's just the romantic INFJ in me.

I'm not sure which is worse: having someone abruptly end it when you're not ready, or watching it just slowly die. Either way, it's out there. I've seen it in others, and glimpsed it myself. Never give up.

I have never been in love. It's sad. But I have had a 4 year on and off crush, but I think the best thing is to get over that kind of attachment unless she's absolutely the one because it can only bring pain.

I once fully supported this "ideal" of love. And there's a few times I thought I was feeling love, but in most cases, it was a crush or infatuation. So, I don't exactly trust my feelings about this topic. The term has too many romantic connotations not associated with real love. It's too easy to get caught up in the idea or fantasy of what love is, than to truly experience it, flaws n'all. I'd always assumed that love had a perfect start, a "wow" factor that must happen to recognize it. And of course, this is not necessarily true. So, I think I need to detox first, get rid of the false and misleading misconceptions of this concept, maybe stop searching for this ideal, before the real thing could actually occur, and I can actually recognize it. So, that's my two cents.

Last edited:
Love? Once, after ~2 years of knowing him. It was too late though. *insert cuss words here*

Infatuation? Plenty lol.

Truly in love? I guess I'd have to say: never. I was tempted to say once, but looking back on it, I don't think I was as in love as I wanted to believe.

I've fallen in love and truly in love with many friends.

However romantically, I'd say none so far.

Once, and I've been married to her (she's an INFJ) ever since. We're still crazy about each other.

Twice, once when I was young. I was engaged and it was love at first sight, true love, soul mates...he died.
And my husband.

I have never fallen in love with anybody..crushes I would have to say about 2.

I am going to have love in my life. And i have it. Will experience its every moment and it will last till my last breath.

I am going to have love in my life. And i have it. Will experience its every moment and it will last till my last breath.

How beautiful.

I've been in love twice. One was with a past relationship that lasted 2 years and the 2nd one right now.
I've had countless crushes though. . . more like infatuations that have only lasted a month or so. My longest crush has been for 9 months.

I fell "in love" with two women I dated and three men come to mind. A bunch of head over heals attractions to people I didn't end up dating or dated briefly. I'm thinking of "fallling in love" as the passionate attractions I've had, usually at the beginning of the relationship, that aren't necessarily the same as true love. If the relationship ends, I probably wouldn't think of it as true love anymore, unless it ended due to death. I don't know. One of the relationships was 3 years and I really loved him for that time. It's hard to keep thinking of it as love if the other person broke up with me and hurt me.

me too... twice

but not love

it's more like a strange being drawn to them... inexplicable...

there was one who wasn't even that nice to me and had quite a few visible annoying flaws but i couldn't help but look past them... terribly abnormal for me.

it's been years but i still remember like it began yesterday.

Last edited: