How often do you question yourself or perceptions? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How often do you question yourself or perceptions?

I question myself all the time. I also question others all the time.
Hell, I think I just question everything.
But the real question is do you question your questioning behavior?

Why do you question yourselves?
Is the act of questioning your perceptions a from of control, a form of insecurity from the self?

When you learn to start accepting your self, then you don't have to question your perception? Society indoctrinated that into us, family did, friends did, media did, we did. Its interesting to see, that then we magnify those those spots of blame and take them to extremes of them or me, and always it appears it is the me that is a doubtful source energy when the me is a beautiful light energy.

But the real question is do you question your questioning behavior?

Yes, I do, actually.
My brain can become a very busy place xD

It's always interesting to observe how changes in perception can be affected by the presence or absence of people's emotional or social energies. I know i've said this elsewhere but when i'm around people, i can't see or process what's happening clearly but when i leave the situation the truth just sits there right in front of me as fit without question. My understanding becomes crystal and i see the truth of a situation in all it's glory. But yet when i'm actually around someone, my mind is clouded and affected by what's expected in that situation, so i don't often see things or notice them until i'm alone and then i realize what i misunderstood or incorrectly perceived at the time. It's interesting stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trifoilum
all the time, all the time. >_<

For the first three - every time I meditate, my mind wanders to these thoughts. I like to think it helps keep me in check.

For the last one... wayyyy too often. I find I can get a "feel" for people right form the start, but usually dismiss it and let them prove themselves, especially when it's not a good feeling I get about them. A month later, I'm ready to tear their spine out with my bare hands and shove it down their throats while everyone around me is just starting to suspect there might be a problem with that person. :frusty:

I often find that my first impressions of people are right, and that I should have trusted my instincts. I often try to not judge people and "give them a chance" and find out later that I was being overly nice and end up fucked over in the end, because they were exactly what I first thought they were.

I make an effort to reflect on my perceptions often. I analyze my thoughts and feelings about people or events all the time. i wouldn't say I question myself though because that kinda implies doubt. I am not rigid though. I constantly re-evaluate situations and people and am capable of adapting my worldview accordingly to new information or insights. I think it comes from my Te. It doesn't make sense to not be flexible and adaptable. People change constantly. Yourself as an individual changes constantly. Life is always in motion. Adapt, Adapt, Adapt is an important part of having a working strategy for dealing with the world. I am constantly striving for balance and part of that is reflecting on my actions, my thoughts, my perceptions.

Very much this, and I'm not an INTJ, just very practical. :)

Dear gods, constantly. Even on things which I probably shouldn't question myself at all.

yeah i can relate to what you're askin here and for me i'm really trying to find a balance here. i'm trying to just let my intuition guide me through experiences more often as i've noticed its a hella lot easier. not to say that i don't still stop and think about things, i just think that some situations require it more than others so right now i'm really searching for that balance through recognition of what situations should just flow and which ones warrant a little more attention and self analysis. intuition isn't always right, but it doesn't always have to be either.
I agree. except for the last sentence. i think intuition is always right , but when people miss-read it or doubt it thats when you really get into trouble.

How often do you question yourself - what you know, observe or see?

Let's put it this way, the things I don't question are scarce. I am always tackling new topics and new challenges and searching new aspects of everything, and the more I know the more I question, hence the more I don't know.

How often do you think "is it just me?", "am i right," "am i seeing things clearly", "am i just seeing things"?

This one has been my toughest struggle. It's really easy to deceive yourself into seeing things that are not there, especially if they are things you strongly wish for. Clarity of mind and sound judgement are what I strive to achieve as I get older and (hopefully) more mature.

How often do you question and check your perceptions?

In life and generally speaking, my perceptions are always changing, although sometimes they seem to be converging to one grand idea and principle on which I am going to build my lifestyle.

How often do you find that your initial perceptions of a person or situation are correct, but you doubt yourself and dismiss it?

When it comes to people, my perceptions have been sharp. I don't claim I got them figured out, but I can certainly recognize a pattern in them and predict the next move or next reaction. With each feedback that perception would morph into another one that would fit the pattern best. I am thinking that's Fe+Ni in action?

Last edited:
How often do you question yourself - what you know, observe or see? I store what I see or hear, and wait....I dont want to be paranoid :)

How often do you think "is it just me?", "am i right," "am i seeing things clearly", "am i just seeing things"? I ask myself this all the time. I am a very suspicious person so I want to try to keep myself in check so I dont go overboard....and get lost in myself.

How often do you question and check your perceptions? lol I guess I am even suspicious of myself :) like I said, I wait until I get two or three pieces of conflicing information before I act on a hunch. I usually feel things very early on..very early :-/ so I wait because choice is still a factor. People can start down a road, but then choose something different.

How often do you find that your initial perceptions of a person or situation are correct, but you doubt yourself and dismiss it? Very often. I dont generally dismiss things though. I just wait. I would like to see the best of people come true. :m107:

I question myself when I observe others and how they are acting.

I'm not certain if this sounds odd, but I always question myself when I'm eating, especially in a social setting.

The thoughts in my head go a little like this:

"Am I sitting properly? Am I talking enough with the people I'm eating with? Am I eating too fast?"

I definitely tend to question others when I first meet them. I try to figure out if their intentions are good or bad, if we click, things like that.

But I'm learning to question my own judgement of people, since I have the unfortunate habit of stereotyping people I haven't truly gotten to know as best I can. :eek:hwell: