Heckling | INFJ Forum

Heckling

Claridon

Community Member
Oct 15, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I've just watched most of this documentary by Jamie Kennedy about hecklers...called: Heckler.
http://www.letmewatchthis.com/watch-4783-Heckler
It is raw, harsh language, but it has amazing insights into how performers deal with...and take quite personally...hecklers and critics. Empathy and civility seems to be going through a profound erosion, and this puts a very touching and poignant face on it. Makes you view it from their perspective, which is surprising and quite sobering.

This is an interesting perspective, but it raises the question: what kind of personality type would be the best to be a critic? Personally, never. I'm effected enough by criticism myself to do something like that to another person, not to mention the criticism I'd get in giving criticism :m169:

This is an interesting perspective, but it raises the question: what kind of personality type would be the best to be a critic? Personally, never. I'm effected enough by criticism myself to do something like that to another person, not to mention the criticism I'd get in giving criticism

I thought it was interesting to see that they separated constructive criticism from personal attacks, which is an important distinction. Also the idea, a generalization, that performers tend to be sensitive, self admittedly, but that they needed to be in order to do good work. But, critics feel the need to compete for their market share, like most other people, so if crude attacks garner them attention, they will do what the feel they need to do.