"gloomy moods improve key types of thinking and behavior" | INFJ Forum

"gloomy moods improve key types of thinking and behavior"

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by Gaze, Dec 8, 2013.

Share This Page

More threads by Gaze
  1. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/bright-side-sadness

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LucyJr

LucyJr Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Frustration is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart. Ecclesiastes 7;3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 LucyJr, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    just me likes this.
  3. LucyJr

LucyJr Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    This is so true. I'm impressed really.
    As a side note, I always knew that life is a shift of emotions. The people who always are "happy" appear to me as something is wrong with them, as if they are trying to hard. And also they are very superficial ! And also they have no joy. But of course, they are "happy". At least that's how they like to reply when they feel suspected.

4. La Sagna

La Sagna I did it! I'm a butterfly!

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Psychologist and philosopher William James believed that people who were prone to depression and sadness had more insight into the meaning of life. He called these people 'sick-souls'. He believed that those who were generally happy or as he called them 'healthy-minded' were willfully blind to the realities of life.

Here's a quote from his work:

'The method of averting one’s attention from evil, and living simply in the light of good is splendid as long as it will work…But it breaks down impotently as soon as melancholy comes; and even though one be quite free from melancholy one’s self, there is no doubt that healthy-mindedness is inadequate as a philosophical doctrine, because the evil facts which it refuses positively to account for are a genuine portion of reality; and they may after all be the best key to life’s significance, and possibly the only openers of our eyes to the deepest levels of truth.'

5. just me

just me GONE

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    6w5