Health Care Reform Defeated | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

Health Care Reform Defeated

Heh, they ought to have a TV show that says "Conservatives say the dumbest things".

O'Reilly is so retarded he makes the Right look bad.

Heh. But they'll spend trillions on invisible and unwinable wars.

Hmmm....

So basically it's okay to spend money when we're out there fightin' for 'Merican freedom but screw the domestic war on poverty.

Got it.

That is like saying you hate dogs that bark and clouds that float.

Could somebody cite an honest politician?

I know one I know one!!!........Nixon :D

Do I get a prize?:m035:

But seriously, I do think that politicians enter into office with good intentions of seeing their country prosperous but it's just that when they do stay in those positions of power is when they become corrupt.

Last edited:
I know one I know one!!!........Nixon :D

Do I get a prize?:m035:

But seriously, I do think that politicians enter into office with good intentions of seeing their country prosperous but it's just that when they do stay in those positions of power is when they become corrupt.

I would say that it is getting into a position of power that corrupts, not staying in one. It takes a lot of money to get elected nowadays. That money has to come from somewhere.

Can an honest man make it through a campaign and into the office in the first place?

I would say that it is getting into a position of power that corrupts, not staying in one. It takes a lot of money to get elected nowadays. That money has to come from somewhere.

So what's the point of having a government if all of our officials that got in those positions are corrupt?

Can an honest man make it through a campaign and into the office in the first place?

I know what you're saying it's just that I don't understand why a person would spend all his life like that screwing people over and swearing an oath that doesn't mean anything to him. I believe that an honest man would use all his tools available to get into office but with the mentality of actually achieving what he promised to do in the first place which is to protect their country. Money and power should just be means to an end not the end itself.

Last edited:
Right, some people are merely appointed by politicians after being endorsed by special interest groups.

I love how innocuous that term has become.

If me and a couple friends decide to write letters to our elected Congressman to push a certain position, then we have become a "special interest group". That is how it seems nowadays. And of course, then me and my friends can be blamed for the pitfalls of the politicians.

Last edited:

If me and a couple friends decide to write letters to our elected Congressman to push a certain position, then we have become a "special interest group". That is how it seems nowadays. And of course, then me and my friends can be blamed for the pitfalls of the politicians.

Exactly, teachers are a special interest group. So are police officers and firefighters. So are the elderly. So are students. The idea is that the politicians are supposed to BALANCE the special interests.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. There's nothing really wrong with the idea of pushing special interests, but the term has become anything but innocuous, due to association with lobbyists, whose expensive vacations with congressmen strongly resemble bribery even when being only marginally so.
My point is simply that "not being a politician" in government isn't saying much, because politicians still got you there, and they rarely choose based purely on their political ideals.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. There's nothing really wrong with the idea of pushing special interests, but the term has become anything but innocuous, due to association with lobbyists, whose expensive vacations with congressmen strongly resemble bribery even when being only marginally so.
My point is simply that "not being a politician" in government isn't saying much, because politicians still got you there, and they rarely choose based purely on their political ideals.

So why not say "lobbyists" instead of "special interest groups"?

So why not say "lobbyists" instead of "special interest groups"?

Because not all special interest groups have lobbyists on-site.

You needn't find inclusion in such a designation offensive; not all lobbyists are slime, either. Bad reputations of groups should not automatically prevent us from wanting to be associated with them. That kind of attitude is what keeps them so corrupt: nobody wants to get shis hands dirty in cleaning them up, for fear of guilt by association.

Because not all special interest groups have lobbyists on-site.

You needn't find inclusion in such a designation offensive; not all lobbyists are slime, either. Bad reputations of groups should not automatically prevent us from wanting to be associated with them. That kind of attitude is what keeps them so corrupt: nobody wants to get shis hands dirty in cleaning them up, for fear of guilt by association.

I'm getting tired of blaming groups altogether. This is suppose to be a country of individual responsibility and yet we have become the masters at assigning labels and demonizing those labels.

I'm getting tired of blaming groups altogether. This is suppose to be a country of individual responsibility and yet we have become the masters at assigning labels and demonizing those labels.
Great. Are you trying to disagree with something?