Do You Walk Softly? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do You Walk Softly?

I just noticed that I walk much more quietly than most people, and it annoys me when people clomp loudly, as if it shows they have no respect for the harmony around them.

I'm just curious, do any other INFJs walk quietly?

Granted, I walk so quietly that I am constantly sneaking up on people, but do any of you put forth an effort to avoid making noise that might disturb people?

Absolutely. And I thought it was just me. People who I live with tend to make SO MUCH FRIGGIN NOISE when they walk around the house, that I counter it by walking with extreme silence, up and down the stairs especially.

I know what it feels like to be annoyed by it so I make sure I don't do that to anyone else.

I have to walk fast, there's a 5 minute break period to get to each class and lucky me got classes that are in the 2 opposite sides of the school so if I don't walk fast/run U get marked late

I walk exceptionally quietly too, unless I'm wearing heels. I admit to liking the click, click sound - usually. I think I'm not as graceful either, but I'm really not sure. I don't walk fast, but I have long legs so end up getting places first anyway.

You guys... you make me feel bad now. :(

I walk loudly. It's not like a walk but a stomp.

I walk quietly, too....I'm a career apartment dweller and I prefer the higher floors and that equals downstairs neighbors and that equals learning to walk softly. I think I tend to do this anyway, though.

I just noticed that I walk much more quietly than most people, and it annoys me when people clomp loudly, as if it shows they have no respect for the harmony around them.

I'm just curious, do any other INFJs walk quietly?

Granted, I walk so quietly that I am constantly sneaking up on people, but do any of you put forth an effort to avoid making noise that might disturb people?
I do. My employees accuse me of sneaking around all the time.

sneaking around all the time.
I feel like I'm doing this, too...I've always preferred to wear light-weight sneakers and they are just quiet.

By the same token, there is this really sweet girl who offices a few floors up....she wears heels now and again and you can hear her coming down the stairwell for miles!!! We had a chuckle over this when I ran into her on occasion.

well if a person's asleep or engaged in reading or some other activity that needs quiet, then yes, i'll tip toe around them, but otherwise no.

Yeah, and I carry a big stick.

Yes definitely. I walk quietly and rather fast. I especially relate to the 'sneaking up on people' part. :D

Apparently I do. Softly, yet briskly. However, sometimes when I'm relaxed and not in a hurry, I walk at a moderate pace.

I do tend to walk rather softly, but it has a lot to do with the fact that I trip a lot. I am rather clumsy, and the softer my steps the less of an injury. It's something I do subconsciously...

I am most definetly a clomper when walking, lol. I wish I was a graceful silent walker. That is not the case, lol :)

I have a reconstructed left foot and the heel is a fake bone porus material. I usually try and be mindful so I don't trip on uneven surfaces. I was clumsy before, but now I am even more so :s

Interesting, Ria! Do you find your steps have changed since that operation, or did the operation occur before you started walking--?

As for me, I used to take ballet as a child and started walking on the balls of my feet from then on. I unconsciously tiptoe about, but I don't think I scare anyone. I just walked quietly. I'm also annoyed by stompers, too. I don't might medium walkers but stompers drive me nuts (sorry PoD!).

I've just recently started walking on my full foot (because I have orthotics).

Yes! I walk really quietly. I like to amuse myself by thinking that if I were a Native American (in moccasins in the forest) I'd be very very good at walking quietly. Usually when I have friends around and we're walking side by side but it's crowded, I loop myself around. Because I'm so quiet, people are like "where did she go?" and I end up being ahead of them. :p

My roomate drags her feet...ugh. It's soooo loud! Feet draggers also bother me!!

Interesting, Ria! Do you find your steps have changed since that operation, or did the operation occur before you started walking--?

As for me, I used to take ballet as a child and started walking on the balls of my feet from then on. I unconsciously tiptoe about, but I don't think I scare anyone. I just walked quietly. I'm also annoyed by stompers, too. I don't might medium walkers but stompers drive me nuts (sorry PoD!).

I've just recently started walking on my full foot (because I have orthotics).

My steps are probably different now since I had the fall 3 years ago, and my foot is bigger than the right, and it is a different shape as well. It must plant differently, but despite that, I still tread lightly. I have watched myself walk towards a mirror, and I seem to have a different gait than before. By the end of some days though when I've spent my entire day on my feet, I do limp because it aches! I wear orthodics too.

I think it's cool that you took ballet, it is a real art form and so beautiful!

Last edited:
Yeah, and I carry a big stick.

^ Ha that was hilarious.

Yeah, it could be said that I sneak about. I also bristle when my inner serenity is disturbed by the clomp-clomp of hard soles on a hard floor (especially when done intentionaly, repeatedly, in sequence, and loudly as if to announce that the "center of the universe" has arrived). I should just avoid hard floors and "centers of the universe"...

:m080: