Do You Walk Softly? | INFJ Forum

Do You Walk Softly?

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
I just noticed that I walk much more quietly than most people, and it annoys me when people clomp loudly, as if it shows they have no respect for the harmony around them.

I'm just curious, do any other INFJs walk quietly?

Granted, I walk so quietly that I am constantly sneaking up on people, but do any of you put forth an effort to avoid making noise that might disturb people?

Yes, i walk quietly. It makes me feel nice and comfortable with myself.

Actually, i think, when we walk quietly we can think and can enjoy talking with ourselves and also with others if they are with us. :D

I can definitely relate. I do walk softly and yes, I do make an effort to not disturb people. I consider it rude and disrespectful towards others around you.

But, on the other hand, I sometimes love to hear my footsteps on the empty streets or hallways. It depends on my mood and my shoes.

I do... I've actually noticed the other day that the wearing on my shoe tread reflect it. I've picked up waling loudly as to not spook people... but if I'm on my own somewhere always in silent mode...

I don't walk loudly but I walk rather quickly most of the time.

I walk fast and soft. Unless I'm wearing heels.

I get a secret thrill when I'm able to sneak up on someone :p

Last edited:
I'm loud when I am exausted. I tend to drag my feet alot. My motions are actually rather jerky. I also walk very fast.

Kavalan could probablly tell you more about it, as I am poorly aware of my physical body (can you say nonexsistent Se? ha!).

I just noticed that I walk much more quietly than most people, and it annoys me when people clomp loudly, as if it shows they have no respect for the harmony around them.

Must be your inner snow leopard, VH :p

What about everyone else's speed?

Left to my own devices, I actually walk very slowly and quietly. However, I can run at almost full speed as quietly as I walk (so long as I'm on level ground or on an incline... for some reason I can't mitigate my footfalls even slightly downhill).

And while I don't try to sneak up on people, I have to admit it does make me admire my own abilities when I startle people. I think to myself, "Yeah, I'm a bad ass. Rarr."

Last edited:
What about everyone else's speed?

for 200lbs I've tackled people without them knowing I was coming at full speed and very little sound...:m194: <I'm like this little guy

Also slow is my preferred but almost all are doable just that running involve usually late and sound comes with the panic

Last edited:
I definitely walk quietly. If I start clomping around, I'll notice and actually stop and then start walking quietly again. Heck, it bothers me when I'm at the end of a run and I can hear my foot slaps. My rhythm gets all thrown off and I have trouble pacing myself afterward.

Speed, though, depends. If I'm up to something or being kind of moody I'm rather fast and direct. Normally, I'm just slow and steady. I like to soak things in when I can and it helps to move slow and silently.

I'm just curious, do any other INFJs walk quietly?

Granted, I walk so quietly that I am constantly sneaking up on people, but do any of you put forth an effort to avoid making noise that might disturb people?

I walk VERY quietly, I used to live in an apartment over someone else, I HATED living there because my floor was creaky and I HATED making noise. I could imagine the person below me getting so pissed and it was weird to think that they knew everywhere I went in my apartment.

However, at work I walk not loudly, but solidly, much different from at home. I land on my heals first, and they don't echo, but you can hear a nice solid step.

I don't walk quickly unless I have something urgent, I have a moderate, smooth pace, very relaxed, but I definitely don't walk slowly.

Last edited:
INxJs can be veeeery sneaky. ^^ I confirm that observation.

As any (dis)respectable ENFP I walk loudly as a herd of angry elephants approaching.

Oh and I am not an exceptional ninja, but I have had my fair share of people clinging to the ceiling from me. :D

I have never really noticed all that much how loud/soft I am when I walk. I would have to say average to softer. I do walk very fast, especially for a guy with short legs! I also have a unique walk that many have commented on. I waste very little motion and have minimal arm movement. I often have my hands in my pockets, which my boys now do!

sometimes (when relaxed) i walk average pace, but usually somewhat fast. it's the destination thing.

i've also had some friends say that my walk looked somewhat proud.

I walk lightly and quietly too... but I'm not the most graceful. Sorta clumsy at times.