Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm *not* an INFJ and I *don't* like horror movies

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Solace

Sep 21, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I'm wondering.. I love them, which seems a bit paradoxical for an INFJ.. How about you?

Depends on the sub-genre of horror... I'm a big fan of supernatural/psychological types
that leave you in a sense of WTF-ness.
Movies like Friday the 13th and other gorefests aren't very enjoyable for me at all though.

Of all the genres of film, horror is the one I like the least. I do appreciate good horror films but ones that are overly scaring/gory just for the sake of it... yawn. I would make a conclusion that the best films of this genre, for me, are great films but with horror elements. Of course I do enjoy some full out horror films like Evil Dead etc.

But sometimes the lines are blurred. The original Last house on the left even though it was horrific and terrifying, didn't really feel like a horror film to me? I don't know. It was made under an exploitation label and made in such a way that that audience would appreciate it but... it doesn't sit right to call it one.

Yeah for me watching horror movies is a bit paradoxical because I don't like to get scarred but at the same time I do. Like I would rent a zombie movie and it will take me at least an hour for me to make up my mind in watching it and when I do get the courage to watch it I'll be covering my two eyes but peeking from time to time.

I used to see cheesy horror films on TV with my mother all the time, but those were always just...weird. More like cult films than anything else. I can take most horror films pre-1970s because they weren't scary (just silly). But there are only a few 1970s horror films I'm okay with and even fewer from the 80s through today.

I don't do horror films. Not the gorefests. The only ones I can take are the suspense films, like that one with the female Australian spelunkers. I forgot what it was called, but they were in a cave and they couldn't see what was attacking them. THAT was scary. And the original non-US ending was *fantastic.* Also, a few of the Japanese imports and the original Jeepers Creepers until it got stupid and weird.

Those movies I can take.

But the minute a knife comes out along with any human organs, I'm outta there.

Horror films largely bore me.
Too much shitty CGI, and very little else.

The zombie films of George Romero I found rather interesting to watch, because they focused much more on the sociological and geopolitical impact of the events than anything else, same goes for their plagiarized British cousin, 28 Days Later.

I voted that I don't like them, because the majority of them are not for me (some though, I do really like a lot). If there is blood, gore, physical pain involve in the movie, I can't watch it. I feel for the characters and it upsets me. However, I love horror movies that have ghosts and spirits involved. As such, the ring is one of my favorite movies. I think stuff like that is really cool.

I love horror movies, horror is an art that gets very little respect as a genre even though some of thier films are better than mainstream films. I love all styles of horror, zombie, gore fest, psychological thriller, vampires, werewolves, stuff like the exorcist and ring, anything creepy.

I voted that I don't like them, because the majority of them are not for me (some though, I do really like a lot). If there is blood, gore, physical pain involve in the movie, I can't watch it. I feel for the characters and it upsets me. However, I love horror movies that have ghosts and spirits involved.As such, the ring is one of my favorite movies. I think stuff like that is really cool.

Exactly what I bolded from Indigo's post. Generally I don't like to feel scared but I might be okay with ghosts, etc depending.

I really don't but that may be because I'm highly emotional to this kinds of things. I would literally have nightmares, not be able to sleep for days, have weird feelings of persecution and feelings that something is watching me. I don't really like violent, extremely bloody movies either. I tend to cry in movies too specially if it involves death, and well that basically sums it up..I'm not into horror xD.

I find the majority of them boring, which is all the ones I've watched so far. I don't mind watching them with friends though because I find watching people watch horror movies is a lot more entertaining than watching the movie itself. Plus it's fun because everybody does their best to pretend to be scared. It's rare that you find somebody who is actually scared of them, but maybe that's just who I tend to pick as friends, idk. None of my close friends are scared of them anyway.

I don't really like violent, extremely bloody movies either.

I hate violence as well but when I watch a movie I have more of a reaction to how the people around me react. It makes me wonder why people like seeing other people torn to shreds. I know for a lot of people it's because they know it's not real but it disgusts me when I come across somebody who seriously compares it to reality and thinks it would be the funniest thing they ever saw. Those people just seem like idiots to me. I know they wouldn't be laughing in reality but, yeah... I don't really like hearing disturbing opinions like that voiced as though they were cool. Call me sensitive but I think it's a bit corrupt.

I'll watch them under duress, or out of an unhealthy curiosity to see how horrible they really are, but I'd much prefer something happy, fluffy and life-affirming.

It makes me wonder why people like seeing other people torn to shreds.

For me its not at all like that. I like many genres of horror movies, from suspense-driven ones to the extremely gory stuff. I particularly like monster movies (specifically nonhuman monsters, not psychopaths) and particularly dislike horror comedies (if they don't take their own geekage seriously, I dont feel taken seriously as a viewer).

Lately I've gotten particularly into zombie movies of the better sort (Dawn of the Dead remake, 28 Days/Weeks After, Braindead/Dead Alive). I'm not into people being ripped up, I like the sense of overwhelming threat and people having to overcome their differences to work together to survive against an inhuman oppression - and the simplified moralistic universe (being immoral or doing dumb stuff won't go unpunished) appeals to me.

Empathizing with the group of protagonists, going NOO NOO DONT DO THAT!! and being at the edge of my seat is the biggest thrill, as is empathizing with a greatly portrayed monster, trying to figure out how I'd stay out of trouble in the story and being just overwhelmed by outrageously surrealistic mindblowing gore (Braindead/Dead Alive) are the main attractions for me. A good horror whips up a lot of adrenalin rush for me, followed by endorphines kicking in when the turmoil is over. Its like a rollercoaster ride except your stomach doesnt turn over.

One of the scariest movies I ever saw was the first time I saw The Ring, that creeped me out so much it wasnt healthy.

For me its not at all like that. I like many genres of horror movies, from suspense-driven ones to the extremely gory stuff. I particularly like monster movies (specifically nonhuman monsters, not psychopaths) and particularly dislike horror comedies (if they don't take their own geekage seriously, I dont feel taken seriously as a viewer).

Yeah, it's all good if you enjoy the technique and/or the emotional experience, etc. For me though, I try to avoid being emotionally overwhelmed. But yeah, I'm a bit strange. Instead of watching the movie, I'll usually watch people watching the movie and I'm pretty much like that with all genres. The above is just what I've observed. I hate sitting and watching a movie if I'm surrounded by an immoral atmosphere and I usually come across those when watching gory movies with people.

I like horror movies, but not for watching people being torn to shreds, I am more into the psychological horror films where the bulk of the fright is in the main characters head, example stir of echos.

No, I don't like horror movies. I feel when I'm in a movie that I'm in the actor's or actress's place and seeing my head chopped off is scary :m162:

I really don't but that may be because I'm highly emotional to this kinds of things. I would literally have nightmares, not be able to sleep for days, have weird feelings of persecution and feelings that something is watching me. I don't really like violent, extremely bloody movies either. I tend to cry in movies too specially if it involves death, and well that basically sums it up..I'm not into horror xD.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about horror films. I can't stand them. If there has been a tortuous event in the film, one that involves physical suffering, then that image implants itself on my mind. It leaves a negative emotional memory in my brain, which makes me extremely fearful and paranoid, especially at night, in the dark. I avoid them at all costs because I know that watching it would be highly uncomfortable viewing.

I like psychologically complex, intense movies. I recently saw "Blair Witch" and was impressed with how understated, but intense it was. It left a great deal to the imagination which makes it scarier because each person fills in whatever they fear the most.

The horror movies that consist of abusing Barbie dolls are a combination of gross and boring to me. When the characters have no real feelings and you just watch a crab eating their face for a long time, I don't really see the point.

Yeah I like horror movies. Especially the really old, ridiculous ones. I remember this one movie about a flesh-eating plant, I don't know the title anymore, but is was absolutely awesome.