D:

GET ME OFF OF THIS THREAD!!!

Slant, you know deep down inside you really want a big giant hug! :D

748.gif
781.gif

730.gif

FIRE!! DEFEND THE FORT!!

738.gif

RETREAT! THROW A GRENADE AND GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

All this hugging here!!!
I'll qoute myself quoting Grey's Anatomy:
If I were person that hugs people, I would give you a big hug:)

Sincere hugs are like a breath of fresh air :D

I love hugs :) I tend to give them to friends and family, but the other people in my life don't seem to want them as much.

I would probably hug a stranger if they looked like they really needed it, but I probably wouldn't hug strangers. Personal space is a consideration with hugs, as is human contact through touch. Some people don't really like to be touched.

I love hugs, though I don't hug as much as I'd like. When I'm drunk, I hug everyone.

The only person I will initiate a hug with is my mom, or two of my close friends. I feel very unconfortable doing so with anyone else. Since I have a big bubble of personal space, I don't encroach on anyone elses either. That being said though, I really do enjoy hugs though. It makes me realise that I have gone several months at a time with no physical contact with anyone.

Depends on the person. I hug my boyfriend a lot. Hmm, otherwise, it has to be initiated from someone else. I like hugging my family, but I won't be likely to initiate. I really hate getting hugged by people I don't know well.

So strange.

Definitely hug my family. All the time (when they're around).
I used to be a big hugger-of-friends as well.

I was previously in a long-term relationship with someone who was a serious hug monkey, and I kindof destroyed him when I ended that relationship.

Since then, I have a hard time hugging people. Probably the guilt. But I find it odd that that's how that manifested itself. I find hugging extremely awkward now; it used to come like breathing...

So strange.

Definitely hug my family. All the time (when they're around).
I used to be a big hugger-of-friends as well.

I was previously in a long-term relationship with someone who was a serious hug monkey, and I kindof destroyed him when I ended that relationship.

Since then, I have a hard time hugging people. Probably the guilt. But I find it odd that that's how that manifested itself. I find hugging extremely awkward now; it used to come like breathing...
I can relate to you with this. Before a certain relationship, hugging was hugging to me, I didn't seek it out but I definitely didn't oppose it. Now I get anxious at the thought of touching someone, let alone hugging them (unless I have feelings for said person, in that case I have just huge amounts of fear in becoming physically in contact with them)

So in general I can't relate to the want to hug either, it just seems awkward and out-of-place in most situations. I have a friend who was thrilled to find out that I appear to have a "bubble" so that they can now do everything to attack it! Ha!

But, I can sometimes relate to the want to hug. I remember too well the angsty "first love" experience, and how powerful those feelings were. The feeling I always describe as "attachment" coupled with a complicated friendship with this girl who cared a lot that we were friends while I had these powerful romantic feelings, and sort of "drip fead" me hope of reciprocation of my romantic feelings, caused me to really really look forward to those occasions when she would hug me goodbye, even as just a friend... So, unless I've lost my mind to those crazy powerful feelings, I'm really pretty detached to the hug experience.

Last edited:
Attempt it and a sniper will be on your roof tonight.

I tend to hug people i'm very close to, even as greatings. But it's strictly to whom i'm close friends with or family I know well.

I hug family, kids and (non-threatening) strangers/new acquaintances, but generally only if they initiate it.

It's the in-between that I struggle with, the people I know and consider friends but aren't really, really close. Weird =/