Do you hug much? | INFJ Forum

Do you hug much?

Never.

I think that I've allowed one of my male friends to hug me once, when I was considerably upset over something and they pretty much forced it on me---oh, and there was one unwilling time where a group of juggalos blocked me from walking out the door unless I hugged one of the males--it was disgusting, and I attempted to kick them in the balls but what ended up happening was far worse. And then, My female friends used to try to hug me all of the time, but after I spit on them, they stopped. My mother wants me to hug her, but I decline and give her a handshake.

I don't often initiate hugs, unless I feel the person is in need of some sort of sympathy or comfort. I never understood giving hugs in greeting, especially to people you've only met once or twice. The drunken club-glomp is especially unnerving.

I rarely ever hug, at least go up and hug someone. People hug me sometimes though. I don't mind if I know the person really well, but if I've barely met them, then it's awkward. I'm not a touchy person with strangers (partly because I'm very ticklish =P), but in a serious romantic relationship I can see myself hugging a lot.

If I'm not in a relationship with the person or a close family member, I usually don't hug. If I do, it's because the other person initiated it and I often feel very weird about it. I have a hard time being physically close to people who are strangers or even friends.

Family yes. Love hugging my family.
Friends ok, I will.
Anyone else - major squirm.

I don't often initiate hugs, unless I feel the person is in need of some sort of sympathy or comfort. I never understood giving hugs in greeting, especially to people you've only met once or twice. The drunken club-glomp is especially unnerving.

I agree.
I remembered Christina from Grey's Anatomy once said something like:
If I were kind of person that hugs people, I would hug you.

I can relate to that sentence.

But, I 've learnt to touch people (family, close friends) from time to time (sholders or hands).

Yeah, I don't hug at all. I do that manly thing with my mates sometimes. Y'know the one where you grab their hand as if to arm wrestle and then put one shoulder into each other and pat them on the back with your free hand. That's kind of like a socially acceptable half hug between guys.

i actually do...often.

my parents are an exception though.

I hug my closest friends by way of greeting. I wish I could have more hugging in my life, honestly.

I'm all for hugging! Friends or strangers. Especially when someone is really upset and looks like they need one. If I was a more outgoing I'd do the whole Free Hugs thing. I'd walk around for hours hugging every single person who wanted one. :D

I'm not so much for hugging people I'm not very familiar with or family I don't know too well. Closer friends I don't mind hugging, but I don't initiate.

My best friends I will hang on like a wet rag out to dry. I absolutely love hugging, cuddling, holding hands with, (etc.) my best friends

I'm all for hugging! Friends or strangers. Especially when someone is really upset and looks like they need one. If I was a more outgoing I'd do the whole Free Hugs thing. I'd walk around for hours hugging every single person who wanted one. :D

...i like hugging strangers
(especially if they have a Free Hugs sign on them)

Yeah, I don't hug at all. I do that manly thing with my mates sometimes. Y'know the one where you grab their hand as if to arm wrestle and then put one shoulder into each other and pat them on the back with your free hand. That's kind of like a socially acceptable half hug between guys.

That's what I do, but apparently, 'That isn't a real hug'.

Well! Did you ever stop to notice that maybe I didn't want to hug you? AHahaha.

I'm a hug slut. I've even hug homeless people. Ok that was only once but he really needed it. I don't initiate them often though. I'm very cognizant of personal space. But I'd probably hug anyone. You can tell a lot about a person when they hug you.

I'm a hug slut. I've even hug homeless people. Ok that was only once but he really needed it. I don't initiate them often though. I'm very cognizant of personal space. But I'd probably hug anyone. You can tell a lot about a person when they hug you.

i'm bitten by that paradox in myself

Since we seem to be the only hug sluts that posted... here you go Rainrise and Bored Now! One for each of you. :smile: :hug: :hug:

:grouphug: from one hug slut to another :hug:

::GROUP HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG:: Ah that was revitalizing!

yeah that was orgasmic