Do you believe in ghosts? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in ghosts?

Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes I do believe in ghosts.

Votes: 83 51.6%
  • No I do not believe in ghosts

Votes: 78 48.4%

• Total voters
No way do ghosts exists. I'd love for someone to take me to a haunted house and prove to me that they do exist.

I believe in negative and positive energy presence.:m106:

a lot of the reasons listed about having to believe in order to see sounds like the santa clause.

I believe in spirituality, in life after death. But I also believe that once you're dead, you're apart from your body. From the whole physical realm. So, no, I can't say I believe in ghosts.

false choice

...I figure there is validity to people who time and time again share personal accounts and experiences with ghosts. That kind of information isn't easy for me to discount. ... it feels close-minded for me to say "You're mistaken or making it up",

If and individual believes they have seen or felt or interacted with a ghost, it is possible that their unconscious has projected the event into their perception of reality for reasons unknown. That individual is not "making it up" the way a con artist would. It is reality for them but do others have to accept that the event is a physical reality?

...As in the spirits of dead humans? No, I do not. I do believe in spirits that were never human to begin with, though.

Can I have a 'maybe' option?

Reactions: ESC2367
maybe

Can I have a 'maybe' option?

that is too easy. Just think about it, if you really need a maybe option then you do believe

i'd just like to start out that i'm an atheist and don't believe in an afterlife, but i am open to different cultures and their ideas of religion. i'm not going to stop being an atheist, but i just have a lot of respect for them.

that being said, i have seen something with my own eyes. i'm not sure what i would call it, but the idea of it has 'haunted' me for a while because i have not shared it with many people because i don't want to be ridiculed. i also don't want to tell people who are ghost fanatics, because it just feeds into their mania. i don't care if anyone believes me, but if anyone has had a similar experience, i'd like to hear about it just to know that i'm not going crazy. (which i'm not)

here's the story as accurately as i remember it, and i know our memory is not always 100% and our retelling of stories slightly change over time as well, so whatever...

i was a college student and was visiting milwaukee, wi for the weekend with my friend. one night, i couldn't sleep and went into the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water. i was listless, so i went to the window and stared out from the second floor. from the left side, what i can only describe as a round ball came into view. it was close to the size of a beachball, but slightly depressed on top so it wasn't a perfect circle. it was solid and i couldn't see through it. It was an opaque color of gray or whatnot. it moved completely smooth. i wasn't frightened and tried to process in my mind what i was seeing. the first thought that entered my mind was 'oh, it's a tumbleweed.' then i was like, 'stupid, there are no tumbleweeds in the city, and tumbleweeds don't move like that.' then, i thought, it moves like a kid on a skateboard, but it obviously wasn't. it was just something i had never encountered before that i was trying to put into a frame of reference that i could understand, but i couldn't. as it moved across the street, it slowed and came to a halt behind a car. i could no longer see it and was still not scared because i didn't know what it was. i kept standing there and waiting. after a few seconds, the object came out from behind the vehicle and went back on its trajectory across the street. i would've been content to watch it move on, but it turned into the driveway of the house i was in. that was when i somehow instinctively knew that it was coming for me, and i bolted.

that's it. it's not really a ghost story, but just something unexplainable. this event has proven to me that there are things beyond our imagination and things we cannot explain in this world, but it hasn't caused me to believe in God. looking back, i think the object sensed me and stopped behind the car. since i continued not to be scared, it came for me. if there are such things as ghosts, i think that is why they gravitate towards children, because children had no idea what a ghost is and why they should fear them.

that is too easy. Just think about it, if you really need a maybe option then you do believe

uhm....

maybe?

I don't know.

I'm open minded okay! No evidence for/against it, now is tharr?

Impressive intuititive powers on display

uhm....

now is tharr?

Good work Slant, you are smarter than you type.

an open mind

Last night I had to calm my 11 year old who read the jacket of a book describing the story inside as being one of a girl who was in contact with a ghost who wanted to kill her and her brother. I told her that my experience has been that, while I have sometimes felt there were spirits or ghost nearby, I had to say that there was no proof that my feelings were anything more than projections from my mind. I pointed out that they were still important. My mind most certainly expresses things to me in odd and often scary ways. I also said that she would have to come to a conclusion about what she believed in her own time and in her on way. I think we need to keep an open mind about things but we should not let our imaginations, or the imaginations of others, run wild.

I don't believe in ghosts but i believe in the power of the human imagination and that is perhaps no less powerful.

As a kid i was taken to the scene of a wartime plane crash on the side of a hill and told that the young pilot was taken dead from the wreckage and put in a hut nearby. The hut is supposedly now haunted by his ghost. As i grew older and nearer to that young man in age i realised that under different circumstances i could be in the same situation as that young man and i didn't like the idea of my spirit being trapped in a place because i died there. I realised it was a horrible idea and that if that young man has a soul it sure as hell isn't stranded in that empty place in the middle of nowhere.

I do believe in them yes.

I have had experiences throughout my life. I have seen them, felt them and heard them.

Reactions: Stu
I am a firm believer in ghosts, spirits, demons, energy, ect.

Reactions: Ria
I too believe in an energy beyond what we can see with our base senses. We have other ways to get in contact with these greater planes and energies if we wish to. The first thing you must do though is open up your mind. If you are too busy trying to be the smartest or most clever person in the building, you will never be able to experience an "otherwordly" point of view.

Do I believe in ghosts? I have seen too much to not believe in something other than what the five senses can tell me. And I know what my Ni says as well. Yeah it seems to be all smoke and mirrors, but for me I have to say there is more there. I believe it and live my life as so. Each person must live their life as they see fit, but we should not trample on anothers life views. You can never "prove" you are right after all.

Reactions: Ria and Stu
Hyperbolic contradiction?

No it is not. Leave mathematical terms out of a discussion of non-definable things. Do you have anything of a positive, or perhaps enlightening nature to add to this?