Cuddling: like or dislike. | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Cuddling: like or dislike.

I am all for cuddling with my SO. I am very physical and tactile and so I absolutely love it. It relaxes me and it makes me all happy and warm.

But it has to be with a special person. Friends and family don't work. :p

This. If I don't know the person well then its very easy for my personal space to be violated. If it is someone whom I am romantically interested in though, I usually want to be as physically close as possible to them at all times.

I love it. I'll only do it with someone I am romantically linked with though.

I can only imagine cuddling with whoever I end up marrying, and look forward to it. It's the only circumastance where it seems comfortable for me.
I have always naturally had kind of a respect for peoples' space. I don't want to make people feel like I'm imposing myself on them. I'm also quite sensitive, physically and emotionally, so if someone touches me, it really makes an impact.

I would probably have died a long time ago without cuddling. It is an essential part of living, like music.

This. If I don't know the person well then its very easy for my personal space to be violated. If it is someone whom I am romantically interested in though, I usually want to be as physically close as possible to them at all times.

I agree with that. I have learned to be more physically affectionate with people, as I have gotten older, when I pick up that is their love language or how they communicate. There are some people I know I need to talk to with my arm around them in order to communicate effectively, if that makes sense.

I have always naturally had kind of a respect for peoples' space. I don't want to make people feel like I'm imposing myself on them. I'm also quite sensitive, physically and emotionally, so if someone touches me, it really makes an impact.

I agree with this as well. I have backed away from people to give them space...which was interpreted wrongly as closing them off from me, when really it was respect. On the other hand, physical touch can make me very emotionally sensitive...like empathy overload.

Last edited:
Do I even need to explain my stance on this?

No?

Good.

I love it, and it's an odd boundary for me. I have female non-dating, non-fwb friends I'll snuggle up with in front of a movie or the TV, but only if we're both not in relationships and if I know the boundaries between us are understood.

I like it - provided she's naked and vulnerable. Well, even without that criteria being met it's nice. But cuddling, for me, is heavily woven into my protective instinct so if it can be reinforced by disparity, all the better.

Yeah, I do. Wasn't the biggest fan a while ago, but someone brought me out of my shell on this 1. I can't help myself anymore. Haha

I will cuddle with people, as long as they're not COMPLETE strangers. I have to at least know them, but otherwise I'm a very affectionate person, and I really like close contact

i can handle cuddling for a little while then get anxious to do stuff that's productive. or i fall asleep. i do like it, just not for hours n hours

got a feeling that with the right person, I'll like it.

But so far, no; have come to a point when certain feeling of someone distract me that I can't sleep. Maybe it's the uncomfortableness, or the feeling of having your privacy invaded, but still.

No. Don't care for cuddling all that much.

Cuddling, snuggling, kanoodling, and spooning - with tovlo, it's a god-bless

Like most things, this depends on my mood, the situation and a few other small factors.

As a whole I do not like cuddling especially before/after being intimate. In a way I would say I see intimacy in more of a primal view which is not at all how I view cuddling.

I enjoy cuddling when I am watching a movie or having a picnic in the park. It's a gentle thing that leads to nothing but relaxation for me. Weirdo...I know.

It's a requirement. Even after a fight.

Last night, we had a fight. I said "snuggles?" He rolled over and put his arm around me and pulled me close. I told him I was still mad. He said, "I know." "Like, really mad at you, though. Mad mad." "I know." "Ok."

Reactions: Edith
It's a requirement. Even after a fight.

Last night, we had a fight. I said "snuggles?" He rolled over and put his arm around me and pulled me close. I told him I was still mad. He said, "I know." "Like, really mad at you, though. Mad mad." "I know." "Ok."
I am this way too. And if they refuse it deeply hurts me. It's important to me to be able to put aside those feelings and still show each other love and tenderness even if things are still tense. Otherwise it just...makes me shut myself off.

I love cuddling with anyone I care about/trust, regardless of whether or not I am romantically attached to them
however, being touched by people I don't know/don't know well makes me want to vomit