Cuddling: like or dislike. | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Cuddling: like or dislike.

:pout:

They don't hurt... for long.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
D:

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!!!

You know if lurker offered to snuggle with me I wouldn't turn her down.

You know slant if all the INFJ members of this board wanted we could have a cuddle hit placed on you. We could travel to your home and overload you with affection.lol :mwaa:

Last edited:
Cuddling, I have no problem with.

Snuggles are the worst. And hugs.

Gives me the heebie geebies even thinking about them.

I love freaking out my ISTP gal pal with offering gentle, loving hugs... she hasn't killed me yet but only (I think) because she knows I won't follow through. Otherwise I'm sure she'd cut me!

I have two very sharp knives...

Cuddling is fun, but only if I actually care about the person next to me. Someone who is just "there" just kind of strikes me as an object, and I get tired of them taking up space on my bed.

Yeah, one night, great. Two nice, how exotic. Third night: go home.

I love affection, especially cuddling... as long as it is from someone I want to touch because when I touch someone I feel their energy very strongly, and get a very intimate sense of who they are. I am extremely fussy about who I will touch because of this.

If I love someone, I love nothing more than to take comfort in their touch and energy, and can bask in it for hours. Maybe this is an INFJ male thing, but making love has almost nothing to do with sex, other than it can be part of the act.

If I like someone on a spiritual level, I have trouble mustering a hug now and then, but will when requested. I don't go out of my way to touch people I like. I have to admit that I'm mildly uncomfortable when I do touch them.

If I am neutral to someone on a spiritual level, I don't even want to shake hands or any other form of touching, but will do so when socially appropriate if it is requested. Touching these sorts of people makes me very uncomfortable.

If I don't like someone on a spiritual level, I will go extremely far out of my way to make sure I don't have to touch them, right down to manipulating situations so I won't be socially obligated. Touching these sorts of people makes me extremely uncomfortable.

If I am repulsed by someone on a spiritual level, I will flat out refuse to touch them, regardless of the social expectations. I'd rather have a bucket of water, paint, oil, or any other spiritually inert substance thrown on me than to have to touch these people. Yes, my opposition to this is that strong.

Seems like a lot of INFJs share this very polarized approach to affection, along with the decision making process as to who gets put in which group.

What's the difference between and snuggling and cuddling now?

I am assuming that cuddling implies a deeper emotional connection, longer duration, and more emotional significance - and snuggles are more friendly, less serious, more playful.

I could be wrong, but that's how the words seem to gel in my definition.

Hmm... I always attributed snuggling with the deeper emotional and physical connection. Cuddling to me always had some ... idk sexual connotation IMO more along the lines of fondling. While snuggling was more of an embrace and a state of connected stillness on an intimate level. But I have a tendency to define things for myself. :p Call it whatever the hell you want.

Oh noes! Now we have two opposite definitions of cuddling and snuggling. :(

Therefore, there must not really be a difference.

everytime i see this thread i want to cuddle. that is how much i like to cuddle.

I am one of those people who is very hands off when I don't know u the way that 'I' need to know u if I am going to touch u...

I remember when I was in my 20's and going to school, I found myself in the position where I had to shake hands a lot and there were times in the beginning when I refused and it was HORRIBLE for everyone involved...

Now I shake hands more comfortably but still selective with whom I offer my hand to, but I can see the growth in that aspect of myself.

When it comes to hugs, I only really give them to my daughters, bf and friends (my family).

To others, I offer my tenderness with my eyes or a hand on the shoulder or something.

As for those who I choose to embrace, they get REALLLLLY embraced!!!

I don't really touch a lot of people I don't want to, I realized. It's not that I avoid it; it just never comes up. But if I do like people, I enjoy touching them a lot. In fact, we played spin-the-bottle (with a spoon :B ) with some friends over the weekend, and I found it to be very enjoyable because I was comfortable with them and it wasn't sexual (pecks on the lips).

I think I'm weird as an INFJ because of that. I really enjoy touching people.

Aww willingly? Okay so you don't touch people, but what if they touch you? ^^

Yes'm willingly! For me it's an issue of insecurity I'm sure, along with a few trust issues that'll make me jump if someone even lightly grazes my shoulder. I have a hard time trusting another's sincerity in their touch. Though I do long for it. Rawr! :m068: