ASK AN ENFP | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

ASK AN ENFP

At what point in your life were you the most at peace?

Do you think you will be able to surpass that in the future?

Honestly don't think I've ever experienced a truly comprehensive peace. Possibly the nearest I've ever gotten has been while standing on the shore in Maine with my closest friends, casting out a fishing pole into the water and just standing their with my jeans rolled up to my knees feeling the sand cradle my toes, water massaging my legs, absorbing the positivity from the people around me and just forgetting about all of those things that serve as emotional and practical clutter in my life. Will I be able to surpass it? I hope so!

How are you with NT's? Close friends with any?

No offense, but you seem like you might be a little overwhelming in person.

My father was an INTJ and I have a great deal of admiration and respect for people with that type. I can be put off sometimes by a lack of consideration for human emotion in the decision making process, especially when coupled with strong judging preference. But I empathize. Can't say I'm close friends with any though, just a few acquaintances in the business community.

Honestly don't think I've ever experienced a truly comprehensive peace. Possibly the nearest I've ever gotten has been while standing on the shore in Maine with my closest friends, casting out a fishing pole into the water and just standing their with my jeans rolled up to my knees feeling the sand cradle my toes, water massaging my legs, absorbing the positivity from the people around me and just forgetting about all of those things that serve as emotional and practical clutter in my life. Will I be able to surpass it? I hope so!

Best of luck to you in your endeavor, my friend.

the funny thing is I'm one of the least bound members when it comes to definitions, wait til the 'others' get hold of you muahahahahaha!

Yeah, wait until the J types start the label dogpile, hehe.

Okay, let's first establish the validity of your ENFP status. I'm assuming Billy knows you in real life, and assumes you're an S type? I'm also assuming that a certain test result has caused you to feel that your Se is "0.6" stronger than your Ne? Which test, and can you paste or link the results?

It is highly probable that the test simply struck cords in your Ne and Fi with the wording of some of the Se questions like "You know how far you can go" "You easily get in sync with other people." I've known a lot of NFPs who have abilities that would qualify, despite not doing it in a way that is at all Se.

Yeah, wait until the J types start the label dogpile, hehe.

Okay, let's first establish the validity of your ENFP status. I'm assuming Billy knows you in real life, and assumes you're an S type? I'm also assuming that a certain test result has caused you to feel that your Se is "0.6" stronger than your Ne? Which test, and can you paste or link the results?

It is highly probable that the test simply struck cords in your Ne and Fi with the wording of some of the Se questions like "You know how far you can go" "You easily get in sync with other people." I've known a lot of NFPs who have abilities that would qualify, despite not doing it in a way that is at all Se.

lol, Billy knows me in real life, and knows how to tap my sensitive places. He's terribly disturbed though, so it doesn't have as much of an impact. I'm a few steps beyond having established the validity of personality. I took a test recently that focused on order of functions not including direction in terms of perceiving or judging and it gave me a high score on extraverted sensing, which has helped me to explain some things I felt were missing in the ENFP profile. Of course Ne and Fe were right up there with it, off by a few decimal places. How long have you been studying personalities? Seems you're having a little difficulty grasping the system. I'm available for coaching if you want to PM.

Do you genuinely like most people?

Genuinely see potential for good in all people. Von Hase, sorry to push buttons, I'm sure I haven't really - would be kind of egotistical to assume I had. What tests do you recommend? I'm always looking to try new ones.

Apparently this is what sets ENFP's aside from the other Extroverts.. because of the fact that they do need down/alone time.

It really doesn't. All of the intuitive extroverts do this.

Hmm...Weird, I was totally pretending to be positive. lol
No that was definitely good times, and I noticed it with you as well... We even spoke about it being a very real and in the moment experience...no worries, all good, happy happy....

what motivates enfps to do better things in life?:m075:

ENFPs are not that bad, if guided well. However this is not an easy task. Rebellious and reckless, they won't be able to take care of themselves, but also won't allow someone to take care of them, explicitly.

Why are we so crazy? Because the world is crazy, as a whole, and we reflect the world as a whole.

This is an old thread but I'll give it a go.

What is the average shelf-life of a relationship with an ENFP--ie, how long before ENFP gets bored and leaves for greener pastures? On average.