ASK AN ENFP | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

ASK AN ENFP

[o_q];220842 said:
Think of the alternative scenario where two E's are together, or when two I's are together. They both recharge each other instead of draining each other.

Indeed. She drains me when I'm going out with her. I don't know if this is such a good relationship. While she is euforic when we have been out, I'm drained and we can't understand or endure that the other one feels the oposite.

But then again, there are good things too. ENFP is probable the biggest intuitive feeler of all the extraverts. I think she is the friend of mine who knows me best. We are both very sensitive, easily hurt and caring for each others feelings. Although we need a lot of conversation to understand why I'm hurt or she is hurt by something :becky:

Alan said:
I use my Ne/Se/Fe shovel to dig down deep into myself. I need to analyze myself and my actions/intent in order to understand myself and I find I need alone time in order to accomplish this.

Can you explain this a but because I don't really understand what you mean :D

and an other question (sorry :D): are you easily hurt and if so, what causes it the most?

Last edited:
What's funny is that yes, I definitely dig into myself and look for meaning. The difference is that rather than starting from the inside and searching, I use my Ne/Se/Fe shovel to dig down deep into myself. I need to analyze myself and my actions/intent in order to understand myself and I find I need alone time in order to accomplish this. I can get pretty down when I'm alone. I wouldn't say it's because I'm afraid of confronting who I "truly" am but because I literally thrive and feed off of the energy of those around me. Interacting with people charges my batteries. Being alone drains my batteries.

Dont you mean Se, then Ne and Fe?

True, besides relationships aren't about MBTI.. obviously they are about individuals. I think I was just working it out in my mind at the same time I was typing it. I should really censor my fingers.. I was having a bit of a difficult time processing it at first until I read what Alan wrote. You are right though..
I'm attracted to introverted types because they offer a challenge. I have to work to make that bond and use disclosure to gain trust. Disclosure is something I do naturally and I get to use the acquisition of trust as justification for applying it with introverts. I think draining might have been the wrong word, I think exercise might be better. Naturally all types can interact and relate with all types if each person exhibiting the characteristics is secure, well rounded and well developed; however, I would imagine that two introverted types would struggle to bridge gaps and the same for two extraverts. My motive is to get to know you and to gain your trust in order to boost you and motivate you in truly meaningful ways. Ways that really hit home and catch traction in your life. For me, the satisfaction comes in knowing that I've served a purpose through that impact. Can't speak for... the OTHER side. :m176:

Reactions: Morgain
Dont you mean Se, then Ne and Fe?
My Se and Ne are tied with Se beating out Ne by I think .6 points. I like having more sensing though. I've had a strong desire to sense from day one, in being able to react and respond to my environment quickly both tactically and strategically. I think it helps to explain why I'm naturally gifted at expressing my creativity through my environment - be it through musical composition, instrumental performance, painting, drawing, facial expressions, acting, speaking, and overall communication. But you know all of this.

My Se and Ne are tied with Se beating out Ne by I think .6 points. I like having more sensing though. I've had a strong desire to sense from day one, in being able to react and respond to my environment quickly both tactically and strategically. I think it helps to explain why I'm naturally gifted at expressing my creativity through my environment - be it through musical composition, instrumental performance, painting, drawing, facial expressions, acting, speaking, and overall communication. But you know all of this.

Yeah, you're like Dane, a Sensor.:m181:

lol, and you lack substance, direction, talent, capacity for success and time to achieve it.

Wow, its like you took my assets then said I didn't have them. Lets see who makes 100K 1st, I bet I do. This year. That would crush you wouldn't it? Because its all about image and appearances for you n'est ce pas?

Last edited:
Indeed. She drains me when I'm going out with her. I don't know if this is such a good relationship. While she is euforic when we have been out, I'm drained and we can't understand or endure that the other one feels the oposite.

But then again, there are good things too. ENFP is probable the biggest intuitive feeler of all the extraverts. I think she is the friend of mine who knows me best. We are both very sensitive, easily hurt and caring for each others feelings. Although we need a lot of conversation to understand why I'm hurt or she is hurt by something :becky:

Can you explain this a but because I don't really understand what you mean :D

and an other question (sorry :D): are you easily hurt and if so, what causes it the most?

Am I easily hurt? Depends on the subject, not easily hurt until you get into some of my hangups - judgment, closed-mindedness, dealing in absolutes, being misunderstood, that I can't change certain things about myself, the knowledge that I am going to die before I get to experience all that life has to offer, knowing that I will never know what the universe is expanding into, or in what arena the big bang took place, and most weapons tend to pierce my soft supple flesh.

Wow, its like you took my assets then said I didn't have them. Lets see who makes 100K 1st, I bet I do. This year. That would crush you wouldn't it? Because its all about image and appearances for you n'est ce pas?

Go for it and take me with you. Yes, it is all about appearances and image for me.

what are your insecurities? is it common for enfps?:m130:

eh by definition! if your Se beats your Ne that means your a ESFP, if your Ne is stronger than your Se your an ENFP, Im an ENFP with strong Se, but my Ne is dominant!

what are your insecurities? is it common for enfps?:m130:

Tons of insecurities for me. Tons, from day one. Very gushy and exposed growing up and that led me to tremendous amounts of rejection. It wasn't until middle of highschool that I started gaining more control over my mannerisms and behavior. I'd say my insecurities mainly involve physical attributes and external factors. Not sure if it's common for all ENFPs.

eh by definition! if your Se beats your Ne that means your a ESFP, if your Ne is stronger than your Se your an ENFP, Im an ENFP with strong Se, but my Ne is dominant!

My extraverted sensing is in a weird place, not really supposed to be there but it is. Every test I've taken has put me in enfp, and I identify so strongly with the characteristics that I know I am. I'd pose the question to you though, why so focused on definitions?

And don't be shy. This is very therapeutic for me. Give me some penetrating questions, I like it.

My extraverted sensing is in a weird place, not really supposed to be there but it is. Every test I've taken has put me in enfp, and I identify so strongly with the characteristics that I know I am. I'd pose the question to you though, why so focused on definitions?

ok! so your a temp ESFP, but usually ENFP!

Im not your on a MBTI site with MBTI descriptions, which I just informed you about, its helpful at times. I for one think your a ENFP, Its a rare ESFP who would be on this site typing away In my opinion. If your going to use the words ENFP/INFJ etc... Then you are bound to their definitions

the funny thing is I'm one of the least bound members when it comes to definitions, wait til the 'others' get hold of you muahahahahaha!

Last edited:
ok! so your a temp ESFP, but usually ENFP!

Im not your on a MBTI site with MBTI descriptions, which I just informed you about, its helpful at times. I for one think your a ENFP, Its a rare ESFP who would be on this site typing away In my opinion. If your going to use the words ENFP/INFJ etc... Then you are bound to their definitions

the funny thing is I'm one of the least bound members when it comes to definitions, wait til the 'others' get hold of you muahahahahaha!

I'm looking forward to it. ;)

At what point in your life were you the most at peace?

Do you think you will be able to surpass that in the future?

How are you with NT's? Close friends with any?

No offense, but you seem like you might be a little overwhelming in person.