Are you thin? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are you thin?

I think I'm 'average' though weight to height standards say that I'm obese.

I'm 5'10" (5'11" on days that I've been to my chiropractor) and weigh 211 as of today on the scale at the gym (which is assumed to be around 30 BMI). However, I've got a 36 inch waist, so I'm mostly bone mass and muscle, and people are usually shocked to find out that I weigh more than 185 (BMI that include tape measurements put me around 22 BMI). I'm told 'I carry it well'. I personally feel that I have too much 'gut', but don't have much fat anywhere else... other than a thicker layer of skin that hides my muscle tone... and my gut doesn't stick out farther than my chest, so I don't guess I'm that bad off. I don't like being in this poor of shape though. I've recently been very depressed and stopped taking care of myself for the past year or so.

I couldn't tell you how many calories I eat in a day. I'd estimate between 1,500 and 2,500 depending on the day. Probably 2,000 most days.

I don't always eat breakfast, but when I do it's almost always peanut butter toast on wheat with a banana or light yogurt. From there, I try to stay sensible about my high glycemic index carbs (sugars, starches, foods that turn into glucose and hit the bloodstream rapidly rather than slowly so the body's insulin can better handle them), but I'm not hardcore unless I'm on a 'diet'. Also, I drink only water or 0 calorie soda... and I drink a lot of water.

I hit the gym about 5 times a week. I run 1.5 miles, do abs, and muscle work outs (usually low rep high weight, but sometimes low weight high rep for muscle confusion) half the time when I go to the gym. I run 4 miles and do abs the other half. When I am on muscle days, sometimes I'll go twice a day... depending on my stress levels. I got in the habit of taking advantage of stress hormones a while back and it seems to work.

I do try to eat high protein meals more than not, especially on muscle days.

I can say this from experience.

If you want to be thinner, drop your calories to about 2/3 what you normally eat (2,000 drops to 1,500 etc.), get at least 45 minutes of good solid cardio at least 5 times a week, and do a lot of low weight high rep (fatigue at 12-20 reps per set) muscle work. Avoid high glycemic index foods, but don't worry about your intake otherwise. Eat what your body craves when your body craves it within the contexts outlined above. I dropped 74 pounds like this a few years back, and anytime I feel it creeping back up on me (because I stopped working out and started nibbling my way into putting on another pound every few weeks) I used this method and it works like a champ.

If you want to turn fat into muscle (I know this isn't literally possible) aka stay the same weight or gain weight but reduce your BMI, then get 15 minutes of good cardio a day, then do at least three sets of high weight low rep (fatigue at 3 to 5 reps) muscle sets. Eat more protein than carbs and as always avoid high glycemic index foods. Also... and this trick really does work... make sure you eat a high protein meal (even a small one) within an hour after your muscle sets.

I'm currently working for performance (endurance and strength), which is why I'm alternating between both of these approaches. I am very comfortable with my weight, just not my BMI (which I want down below 18). However, from past experience, I know that my BMI will start to fall as I continue this process as a side effect, so I'm not so hardcore about it. As long as I can pass the Federal Field Agent Fitness Requirement for a 20 year old, I consider myself acceptably athletic.

My last point of note on this subject is a quote I overheard a personal trainer tell someone years ago and has really proven to be true... "Diet is only 25% of any weight loss. Exercise is 75%. You can diet without working out and lose a few pounds and you'll feel awful, but you can exercise without dieting and lose a lot more weight and you'll feel a lot better. When you do both, it's exponential."

Last edited:
I have a regular build; I'm not fat and I'm not skinny. Mind you, I run a lot. I imagine if I didn't, I'd be rolling myself places... especially considering the craptacular diet I've had lately.

Reactions: bamf
I'm thin but not "skinny." I'm an obligate exerciser and have been all my life. I have good, functional muscle but I work at it. I want to be skiing into my nineties if I am so lucky to last that long. I do my best thinking when I'm moving.

Humans were born to move constantly, gorge rarely, and starve often.

Rofl that

I'm naturally thin and it runs in my family. My eating habits will probably catch up to me someday like they have my dad, uncles, and grandpa. I still have a good 20 years though before I have to worry.

In all honesty, I eat a lot of crap. I usually skip breakfast and substitute it with coffee and a piece of fruit, be it an apple or a banana. Lunch is a big meal totaling somewhere around 1000-1250 calories, and generally consists of 2-3 sandwiches (PB&J, Ham and Cheese with mayo, Grilled Cheese with 2 slices on each sandwich), a couple cups of yogurt, a salad with romaine greens, broccoli, carrots, cheese, and ranch dressing, and another apple or banana. In the afternoon I'll eat what ever junk foot I can find, and usually head for cookies. Add another 200-300 calories from the snack. Dinner consists of god knows what, and usually weighs in around 1250-1500 calories again. Midnight snacking can range anywhere from another apple/banana, to a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese with 3-4 hot dogs followed by ice-cream or cookies.

My calorie intake ranges from about 3000 calories a day to 5000+ on the days I completely pig out. My diet is high is fiber, fruits, and vegetables, but also high in dairy. I drink 4-5 glasses of milk a day and I eat way too much cheese. My sodium intake is also probably pretty damn high, but my cardiologist actually recommended adding salt to my diet.

I'm 6'3"ish and weigh between 165-175lbs depending on my eating habits and physical activity over the past few weeks. I don't work out, I don't run, but I stay relatively lean. During the semesters I walk around 3 miles a day coming to and from classes. During the summer months I do landscaping here and there, and swim (along with other water activities like skiing). I'll play a pick up game of soccer (yes, I'm an America) here or there, maybe a game of ultimate or a couple rounds of disc, but I'd hardly call my lifestyle an active one.

When I played in the band I was a lot more active. Practices 4-5x a week, 2-3 shows a week, lugging heavy equipment up and down stairs far too often, and sweating like crazy. I was in the best shape I've probably ever been and I ate like a horse all day long. I slow down in the winters and usually pack on a few extra pounds. I normally shed the weight come good whether, but not this year. I had heart problems in the spring (genetic, not lifestyle related) and I haven't been nearly as active as in years past. On top of that, I spent most of last summer laid up from knee-surgery, so I'm carrying 2 winter's worth of weight right now. I'm flabby for me, but still pretty lean.

I'm probably an ectomorph. I have really long limbs, a small torso, and I can't build muscle mass to save my life. I think one thing that helps me keep weight off is that I limit my consumption of "empty" calories. I almost never drink pop/soda/what-ever.

This is me..perfectly lol..except for the meat in take..but I still get about the same amount of daily calories.

I'm about 125 pounds, 5'4, and look like I weigh about 110 pounds. I'm curvy, so I guess I look thin.

I do an hour of free weights thrice a week on my whole body, and do cardio when I can. I switched to a vegetarian diet, and feel better. I also am intolerant to dairy products and processed cane sugar, so I can only have a little of these. I only drink water, green tea, and rice milk.

I have lost 10 pounds and two dress sizes this summer from making these changes. I have also gained a cup size (I look like I had a boob job) probably from getting more chest muscle. However, I have also gone back on Strattera (a non-stimulant ADD med) which has takes away all impulsive eating, I never stuff myself or eat unnecessarily between meals now.

I'm not thin - I'm somewhat solidly built, but I have a large head so proportionally I look somewhat finely built.

When people grab one of my arms, they always remark that they are much bigger than they look... and when I'm measured for clothes, I always hear remarks that my chest is much broader than they expected. I'm kind of a big version of a finely built male. I don't have much body fat - I'd like a little more, because I feel the cold - but since I've lost my sweet tooth, it's been hard to keep some fat on me.

Last edited:
I'm thin... and I don't keep track... my metabolism will slow down eventually, and I'll start keeping track then. :/

no. =/ i'm not thin.

I don't eat much, but I don't starve myself either. Today I ate a handful of grapes for breakfast, but lately I've been eating an english muffin for breakfast. Maybe a poached egg.

For lunch its been a turkey sandwich, and for dinner I ate baked chicken, corn on the cob and mac and cheese.

I don't really snack, I love vegetables and I recently decided to quit drinking soda.

I'm also trying to exercise more... we'll see if it helps.

Reactions: bamf
I'm in the not thin or fat category. I'm in pretty good health and run a LOT (TC people will attest to my crazy running habits). I'm in the process of getting into shape. I used to eat a lot, but slowed it down in the past few years. However my obsessive running has increased my appetite to compete with the almost 5 miles every day (it varies on fatigue and knee soreness). I'm down to just a pinch of fat around my midriff. It haunts me day and night trying to get rid of it. Its the small obstacle in my way to the image I want.

Only a matter of time at this point

Last edited:
Reactions: sassafras
Nope.

Far from it.

garfield_bd.jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty fit, but I dont eat so healthy, I am usually too busy to eat much of anything. And fast food makes me sick usually... so if im on the road i will buy a bag of apples or pears and munch on that and a big jug of water, and i tend to eat stuff like wraps and hard roll sandwiches with turkey or chicken and lettuce and tomato etc, no mayo usually.

I eat smaller portions and i never finish my plate when i eat out, because they are typically mammoth. I try not to eat more then 600 calories per meal. I usually consume about 300-400

with snacks like apples between.

I run as often as I can, 3 or 4 times a week. During the summer I do outdoor night running, mostly HIIT, 30-40 mins. 3-5 miles depending on my ambition.

i'm normal weight. i walk around a lot so i get enough exercise. usually eat whatever my roommates eat, which is usually junk :p

I am pretty thin. I am actually heavier then I look (150), and at 6'0 that's on the thin side, but ok. I generally do not eat a lot, at all. I am constantly hungry in some way shape or form but I just don't really care, it doesn't bother me. I'm the kind of person who thinks "I could be doing this, or I need to do this. Eating and drinking will have to wait". Ignoring Se much? lol

People will often say that I look to thin, and I do. I usually wear heavy clothes (but not baggy) to hide/mask it to a degree. I would much rather be muscled but I have never been to a gym before and there is an enormous social barrier I would need to get over before I can do it. I plan on "resetting" several things one I get to grad school, and that is one of them, so by them hopefully I will be able to do something about that.

My weight has never gone above 155. About a year and a half ago, I had about the equivelent of 4 tablespoons of mayonaise a day for months on end (in addition to eating regularally), and I noticed I put on a little fat from that, but the second I stopped it dropped away back to where I always have been. I am also as sedentary as a mushroom. I don't do much of anything. However when I am being physical, I usually go all out with it. The only exersize I get is skiing in the winter.

Reactions: the
I'm the thinnest now compared to my whole life, my thin peak so far. Feels good. I eat vegan (not necessarily strict, but actually strict so far). I used to go very regularly to fitness for a while, until I noticed it makes me somehow more aggressive / ambitious; I'm already ambitious enough thanks. :p
Yes I am.

I eat a lot, I am very surprised that I don't weight at least 40 more pounds.

I also live a very sedentary live, and find myself constantly surfing the web.

My only source of exercise is jumping to some music..
You must be one of those INFJs who burn from inside all the time. It adds up. There's difference between sitting and sitting. Some people sit, but all their muscles are super-active while they sit.

I'm not thin.. NEVER THIN... not fat.. I guess I'm normal / average

I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables... whole grain cereal with skim milk for breakfast.. and for lunch, fruits plus 2 tablespoon of brown rice and fish or meat (only chicken) I think pork is !?!?! I don't really like pork
for dinner.... either cereal or the brown rice with fruits... or just fruits.. or just yogurt

that's all I eat :) but sometimes I eat like... a piece of banana cupcake or like a chocolate revel bar :) but not everyday

I also drink this barley grass thing first thing in the morning :) before I even take a bath or brush my teeth bwahahhahaa

I'm thin like a twig. Which is rather weird since I lead a pretty sedentary lifestyle.

I do eat more fruits and vegetables than meat though, so that probably helps. I'll almost always take fish over red meats if given a choice.

I also don't eat or drink extra sweet things like carbonated drinks. Though that's really more because I get awful sugar rushes than because of any dietary rule.

All you lucky thin/normal people! lol :)

5'8''

104lbs

I eat quite healthily.

I'm pretty thin, but occasionally I'll put on a bit of weight before growing another half-inch or so (yes, I'm still growing. I'm 5'10 1/2''... I don't want to grow anymore!).
Recently, I've had to cut out dairy, which means I have to monitor my weight incase I go underweight.

Lots of the time I'll eat breakfast (sugar-free cereal, currently Shredded Wheat), lunch (some toast or something, more like a second breakfast), and dinner (nearly always vegetarian, occasionally chicken). I do eat snacks, but they're mostly fruit or fruit ice lollies. Although today I've eaten 3 sugar-free scones (I've been on anti-biotics, which seem to have increased my metabolism speed). I also drink sugar-free carbonated drinks (e.g. Diet Coke) almost every day (I need to cut back on that, probably).

I walk everywhere, but I don't do any more exercise. I suppose living at the top of a huge hill helps.

Last edited:
I'm a fairly thin person.
Perhaps a little too thin in the opinion of some.
However I still have breasts, I still have hips, I just don't have large thighs.
I like to wake up at around four or five and run about ten miles or so and then
sometimes throughout the day if I'm feeling really upset or on the verge of tears I'll run then as well, but usually only around three miles.

I usually eat things like tomatoes.
Yeah, I eat a lot of tomatoes.
I just love them.
A lot.
And I really also like cabbage rolls and brussel sprouts and asparagus and rice.
Breads are good too if I don't think about what I'm eating. If I think about bread while I'm eating it I just can't stop chewing it and then when I go to swallow it's this huge lump of moist bread stuck in my throat and it makes me vomit because it feels disgusting. I occassionally drink as well. Probably a couple of bottles of wine a week maybe some beer or a mixed drink. I also share my wine though so I'm not a total alcoholic so I guess that's good.
Sometimes people from my work will bring me food.
Like my friend Josh makes really good stew and whenever he does he brings me some.
And fish, they all know I love fish so whenever they heinously catch them they give me some of the delicious fish meat.

I pretty much eat whatever I guess.
But mostly healthy stuff.
I just like fresh things.
And artificial colouring freaks me out.

I also sometimes fast.
For no more than five days though.

I was going to fast for forty but then I got hungry so I decided to eat some halibut.
Sorry Gandhi and Jesus, I'm just not as strong as you.

I don't run when I'm fasting.
That's just asking for disaster.

Last edited: