the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
What do you eat in a day? What do you do in a day?

Edit (4 posts later)

Im looking for details and portion sizes here

Last edited:
I do nothing and eat barely anything.
Most days I eat like, 500 calories and then others I eat close to 2000.
But my BMI is average/healthy.

Last edited:
What do you eat in a day? What do you do in a day?

Yes I am.

I eat a lot, I am very surprised that I don't weight at least 40 more pounds.

I also live a very sedentary live, and find myself constantly surfing the web.

My only source of exercise is jumping to some music..

Im slim and I eat all sorts of things. Im not a fan of putting food into "good" and "bad" categories as seems so common nowadays, to me thats just silly. I eat what I feel like and in the end it evens all out.

Yes I am.

I eat a lot, I am very surprised that I don't weight at least 40 more pounds.

I also live a very sedentary live, and find myself constantly surfing the web.

My only source of exercise is jumping to some music..
You are probably just naturally thin.

I am definitely not thin lol :)....actually, I am technically morbidly obese, but I work out 4 times a week and eat fairly healthy. I eat mostly African food, but I'll have fast food once in a while.

Nope, definitely not thin. I used to be a very good athlete, and it's really strange when I look at pictures from those days. Unfortunately, the older I get, the more I look like my Mother, who God love her, was built like Aunt Bea. We all are who we are, you know.

I eat about 1000 calories a day, and yes I measure my portions. I'm technically obese, but my body fat percentage is only 18%. I have a lot of muscle mass for my height and weight, do 90 minutes of cardio a day, and three hours of weights per week. At 5'4", I still weigh 180.

Reactions: jyrffw54
I eat when I'm hungry, I don't when I'm not.
I should exercise more, but yoga has been it for a while now.
I should stop drinking soft drinks (but I never will), and constantly eating carbs...
However, I'm at a healthy weight.
I figure as long as I have no health problems and look good in my bathing suit I'm fine. =)

Reactions: jyrffw54
I eat about 1000 calories a day, and yes I measure my portions. I'm technically obese, but my body fat percentage is only 18%. I have a lot of muscle mass for my height and weight, do 90 minutes of cardio a day, and three hours of weights per week. At 5'4", I still weigh 180.

Did you ever consider that this is not enough? Your metabolism slows down big time if you eat under 1300 calories a day, and even that is not nearly enough. Just saying.

Ok, to add on to my answer, I don't really measure portion sizes, because when i do, I don't eat enough and get very very hungry. I eat about 1600-1800 calories a day....some days I eat less than that

Did you ever consider that this is not enough? Your metabolism slows down big time if you eat under 1300 calories a day, and even that is not nearly enough. Just saying.

If I eat more than that I get massively fat massively quick. Ironically, I tend to weigh less and have larger measurements when I eat more calories.

I'm thin but not "skinny." I'm an obligate exerciser and have been all my life. I have good, functional muscle but I work at it. I want to be skiing into my nineties if I am so lucky to last that long. I do my best thinking when I'm moving.

Humans were born to move constantly, gorge rarely, and starve often.

I'm naturally thin and it runs in my family. My eating habits will probably catch up to me someday like they have my dad, uncles, and grandpa. I still have a good 20 years though before I have to worry.

In all honesty, I eat a lot of crap. I usually skip breakfast and substitute it with coffee and a piece of fruit, be it an apple or a banana. Lunch is a big meal totaling somewhere around 1000-1250 calories, and generally consists of 2-3 sandwiches (PB&J, Ham and Cheese with mayo, Grilled Cheese with 2 slices on each sandwich), a couple cups of yogurt, a salad with romaine greens, broccoli, carrots, cheese, and ranch dressing, and another apple or banana. In the afternoon I'll eat what ever junk foot I can find, and usually head for cookies. Add another 200-300 calories from the snack. Dinner consists of god knows what, and usually weighs in around 1250-1500 calories again. Midnight snacking can range anywhere from another apple/banana, to a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese with 3-4 hot dogs followed by ice-cream or cookies.

My calorie intake ranges from about 3000 calories a day to 5000+ on the days I completely pig out. My diet is high is fiber, fruits, and vegetables, but also high in dairy. I drink 4-5 glasses of milk a day and I eat way too much cheese. My sodium intake is also probably pretty damn high, but my cardiologist actually recommended adding salt to my diet.

I'm 6'3"ish and weigh between 165-175lbs depending on my eating habits and physical activity over the past few weeks. I don't work out, I don't run, but I stay relatively lean. During the semesters I walk around 3 miles a day coming to and from classes. During the summer months I do landscaping here and there, and swim (along with other water activities like skiing). I'll play a pick up game of soccer (yes, I'm an America) here or there, maybe a game of ultimate or a couple rounds of disc, but I'd hardly call my lifestyle an active one.

When I played in the band I was a lot more active. Practices 4-5x a week, 2-3 shows a week, lugging heavy equipment up and down stairs far too often, and sweating like crazy. I was in the best shape I've probably ever been and I ate like a horse all day long. I slow down in the winters and usually pack on a few extra pounds. I normally shed the weight come good whether, but not this year. I had heart problems in the spring (genetic, not lifestyle related) and I haven't been nearly as active as in years past. On top of that, I spent most of last summer laid up from knee-surgery, so I'm carrying 2 winter's worth of weight right now. I'm flabby for me, but still pretty lean.

I'm probably an ectomorph. I have really long limbs, a small torso, and I can't build muscle mass to save my life. I think one thing that helps me keep weight off is that I limit my consumption of "empty" calories. I almost never drink pop/soda/what-ever.

Last edited:
I'm not thin, but certainly not fat either. I have a bad appetite unfortunately, I'm hungry when I'm not, so I have to fight the urge to eat all the time. It doesn't really shut off but rarely. I'm managing though. Its hard learning to just be hungry all the time, which I am.
I was trimmer in Spring than I am right now, I'm working to get back there, its not too far off. I can't actually eat much in the way of volume though, just I like me my sweets. I cook and bake for fun, and I work with food, so thats added problems, but I won't have to deal with the latter for much longer.
I know how to get thin and stay thin, but of course doing the work is another thing entirely.

Last edited:
I am pretty thin. However, I also have genetics on my side.

I generally eat 3 meals a day and at least 1 snack, sometimes more. I try to limit soda to 12 ounces a day (but don't always succeed...) I try to eat fruits or vegetables every day (today, I ate a can of sweet potatoes...that counts...right?) My portions are small or medium.

I also walk/run/bike rollerblade/cardio for at least 15 minutes twice a week, and usually more.

I also work in an eating disorder rehab clinic, so I know a lot about weight gain, loss, and calories. Feel free to message me with questions.

Thin is not the appropriate term for me. Skinny fits better, I think (90 pounds and 5'4") I don't watch what I eat at all. I simply eat when I am hungry and I leave it at that. Sometimes it's 5-6 meals a day. Other days it's only 2-3. My appetite varies. However, I think I am going to start watching what I eat more closely. Not for the sake of gaining or losing weight, I like where I am in that respect. I am just slightly worried about my health at this point in time and I think watching what I eat might ease my mind.

I'm 5'8" and 115 lbs. so leaning towards the thin side, but I think I look pretty average overall.

as for what I eat, I have horrendous eating habits, haha. can't say what I consume in calories a day because I don't know, but I imagine sometimes I consume as little as 700 a day or as many as 2000. I eat a lot of junk or bland things, like slices of bread with peanut butter or a nutritional drink. dinner is maybe a homemade cheeseburger and some potatoes and onions. my diet consists of a lot of carbs and starchy foods haha. don't know if I could give them up.

as far as when I eat, I should probably try to space out my meals a little bit. normally I'll something like coffee and a waffle for breakfast, then go 8-9 hours without eating (to the point I feel faint) until I proceed to eat EVERYTHING. very spaced out, huge meals. should probably try to reverse that.

Thin is not the appropriate term for me. Skinny fits better, I think (90 pounds and 5'4") I don't watch what I eat at all. I simply eat when I am hungry and I leave it at that. Sometimes it's 5-6 meals a day. Other days it's only 2-3. My appetite varies. However, I think I am going to start watching what I eat more closely. Not for the sake of gaining or losing weight, I like where I am in that respect. I am just slightly worried about my health at this point in time and I think watching what I eat might ease my mind.

I used to think the same way. I'm 5'2" and 106 lbs. I like to try and keep track of what I've been eating and how much I've been exercising just for my own peace of mind. I used to forget to eat if I wasn't careful. I like good food... but I'm snobby about it >.< I hate most fast food and pizza. If I didn't feel like cooking I might not eat. This changed when I went to college. I gained 10 lbs in the right places, started living healthier, and am now just trying to make sure I don't let sodas and couch-slouching tip me the other way in the future.

I'm not thin but I also don't look my weight. I tend not to worry about the number on the scale. I tend to eat what I want and when I want and don't usually gain weight unless I'm eating more unhealthy carbs than I am proteins and vegetables. I tend to be able to lose weight fairly easily when I am watching what I put in my mouth and I do a bit of exercise every day. I go through phases with exercise.

I usually consume between 1000 and 1500 calories a day. What I eat in a day usually consists of eggs, organic toast, apple, banana, green pepper, celery, some sort of snack food (nature valley sweet & salty bars), yogurt, string cheese and then whatever else it is I feel like. I tend to keep everything I eat light and don't eat any actual meals aside from breakfast. I just take small snacks through the day.

I am pretty thin. I eat mainly junk... chips, burgers, fast food... and drink soda for the most part and sometimes milk or juice. I like healthy snacks but no one else in my family does so we don't have any in my house. No one cooks either. So yeah. I'm not really sure about portions or calorie intake... I eat until I'm full. Or if I'm bored. I don't really do much, either. I sit on my butt the majority of the day.

Reactions: VH