Are you thin? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are you thin?

I'm almost thin... much much much thinner that I was a couple years back, though I still have a little way left to go. Largely, I addressed the problem by just being AWARE of how much I eat (and cutting out unnatural industrial-grade gunk like trans fats and high fructose corn syrup.) I still treat myself to treats on a regular (daily) basis and eat whatever I want... just in more reasonable quantities. It helps that I cook for myself rather than relying on restaurants and pre-packaged meals.

Common in my dietary repertoire is taco salad (w/chicken), pasta (barilla plus w/pesto, alfredo, carbonara, naked) also with chicken and vegetable heavenliness, fish, tons of broccoli, garlic, home-made sweetbreads incorporate blueberries or strawberries or kidney beans (yes, this actually works). Almonds are a must and don't forget to eat your breakfast, dagnabbit! Without it, many people have an exaggerated apatite for the rest of the day. (Your mileage may vary.)

I'm slim, 6 ft 2" and 13 stone. Train about 3 times week at my club and once more at home, plus strength training about 4-5 days a week.

I eat as much protein as possible, mostly through white meat, cottage cheese and natural yoghurt. Most carbs I eat are through cereal, wholemeal bread, rice, pasta and potatoes. Eat lots of salad, banana's and oranges.

...And lots of water!

Im probably at the fittest I have ever been in my life.
Im weighing healthy 135 pounds with a 19% body fat. Im 5'7 so that is pretty average except my body fat is below average and in the range of athletes. It took me about 8 months to get to this point with consistent exercise.

I do at least three times a week intense HIIT workout for bout an hour to constantly shock my body. Then i relax with stretching and yoga to stay limber and flexible. Intensity is key for me and i guess that makes me a little masochistic since i like to push my pain tolerance and see how much pain i can endure.

I eat a huge breakfast, medium sized lunch and very small dinner with lots of snacks in between. I dont count calories and i listen to my body.

Im striving to build interior and exterior muscle and train like an athlete. Just maintaining is just not an option for me and I plan to stay young and exercise is the only way to do so.

I'm 6"2 and 14.5 stone which is just over 200 pounds and I eat like food is going out of fashion. I would say I'm on the heavy side of average.

I do eat fairly healthily though. I don't own a microwave or a chip pan. I boil, bake or steam my food. I eat a lot of veg, pasta, rice and fruit but I also eat a lot of crisps, biscuits and chocolate.

Breakfast is likely to be either one of my four sandwiches that I take to work or a pasty from cooplands. for dinner I eat the rest of my sandwiches which have things like Austrian sausage and mustard, cheese, peppers and mayo, ham and cheese or pastrami and tomato on them. For evening meal I ususally have something like Pasta, chicken and mixed veg. Large portions.

I will also snack throughout the day and think nothing of eating a ten pack of crisps in one sitting.

We quite often have buffets at work as I go to all manner of events and meetings. I am often mocked by my colleagues for the 3 plates of food I demolish

6'2"

160-170lbs

Alternate between eating a loaf of bread and a combination of sweet potatoes, bananas, nuts, and random veggies. Typically runs at 2-3 meals per day.

Probably about 30min-1hr of walking per day, just b/c I walk to where I need to be most of the time around here.

I've been on this new diet for the last month. It's a great way to trim extra pounds. It's called "My girlfriend left me and I'm too miserable to eat." I'm a really strange person who eats when he's happy, tip me into a depression or just a miserable phase in my life and I get skinny.

Combine that with a bit of exercise and it works wonders.

I'm 6"

Was 240 lb, but am probably 225lb now. Will be back to 200lb by winter, but that's only if my muscles stop expanding. Considering the exercise with a focus on upper body muscle mass, I may end up 215 lb.

I do about 20 push-ups a day, 30 to 50 crunches, some other stuff, then jogging.

I'm a heavy built guy, so 200 is about as thin as I can get healthily.

Okay.....so let me start this post by letting you all know that I am MORBIDLY OBESE, and quite proud of it. I change pant sizes about twice weekly because I continue to eat more and more. I am hoping that I will top the world's largest amount of vegan hotdogs eaten in five minutes record this January. I am working on stretching out my stomach right now!

I start breakfast with TWELVE bocca burgers, like any average, vegan, american would do. These bocca burgers are the size of my hands, and my hand are huge and meaty which is why they are huge in portion size. I put chocolate sauce, vanilla ice cream and sprinkles on top of the patties, all vegan stuff, and smother in molasses. After that I smother in cheese and bake it inside of a pizza, vegan as well. i put fake bacon all over these things and shove as much of it in my face as I possibly can.....

Did any of you ever see that website with all of the disgusting recipes on the of fatties who made weird meals? 99% of the vegan modified version of the recipes were made by ME, because I am so obsessed with food.

The reason why I lied at first about my eating habits was not shame....

I am not ashamed of the way I eat and am perfectly comfortable with being a mindless slob.

However, I wanted to deceive you all and make you believe that I was interested in drinking 12oz coffees. HAHA?! 12oz?! I get those 120 to go bottles and just chug them! I can do all of this without puking because of the tolerance I have built up over the years...

I have reason to believe that the reason why my 'wick' is long is due to my dietary habits....

if you want to have more inches down there as well as being patiotic, american, and not a skinny bitch like the other posters on this thread, then please....

purchase my book.

"Slant's guide to eating big: 100 recipes you can SUPER SIZE as much as you want"

I also have a motivational book entitled "The miracle of obesity: how folds of blubber can be yours today in just two simple steps!"

It's a bit shorter than the recipe book, but you can purchase both of them on Amazon.com in a duo-package for just fifty dollars...

What a deal! Whereas if you just bought them alone, you'd be paying 70 dollars!

Last edited:
Slant: you're my hero!

Okay.....so let me start this post by letting you all know that I am MORBIDLY OBESE, and quite proud of it. I change pant sizes about twice weekly because I continue to eat more and more. I am hoping that I will top the world's largest amount of vegan hotdogs eaten in five minutes record this January. I am working on stretching out my stomach right now!

I start breakfast with TWELVE bocca burgers, like any average, vegan, american would do. These bocca burgers are the size of my hands, and my hand are huge and meaty which is why they are huge in portion size. I put chocolate sauce, vanilla ice cream and sprinkles on top of the patties, all vegan stuff, and smother in molasses. After that I smother in cheese and bake it inside of a pizza, vegan as well. i put fake bacon all over these things and shove as much of it in my face as I possibly can.....

Did any of you ever see that website with all of the disgusting recipes on the of fatties who made weird meals? 99% of the vegan modified version of the recipes were made by ME, because I am so obsessed with food.

The reason why I lied at first about my eating habits was not shame....

I am not ashamed of the way I eat and am perfectly comfortable with being a mindless slob.

However, I wanted to deceive you all and make you believe that I was interested in drinking 12oz coffees. HAHA?! 12oz?! I get those 120 to go bottles and just chug them! I can do all of this without puking because of the tolerance I have built up over the years...

I have reason to believe that the reason why my 'wick' is long is due to my dietary habits....

if you want to have more inches down there as well as being patiotic, american, and not a skinny bitch like the other posters on this thread, then please....

purchase my book.

"Slant's guide to eating big: 100 recipes you can SUPER SIZE as much as you want"

I also have a motivational book entitled "The miracle of obesity: how folds of blubber can be yours today in just two simple steps!"

It's a bit shorter than the recipe book, but you can purchase both of them on Amazon.com in a duo-package for just fifty dollars...

What a deal! Whereas if you just bought them alone, you'd be paying 70 dollars!

LOLOLOL

Lol, I came across this thread when I typed "weird habits" in the search bar, looking for some thread I thought I saw before about INFJ idiosyncrasies.

I thought slant's post was funny, but aside from that I felt compelled to reply to this thread somehow.

As some of you have probably read someplace or another, I had some problems with body image and eating over the past couple years. I consider myself to be recovered now.

I think "thin" and "fat" are very subjective.

Just half a year ago I would have considered myself unbearably fat. My body was in exactly the same state it is now (perhaps slightly more bodyfat percentage than now, but in any case basically the same). I was depressed and extremely unrealistically self-critical.

I think because of this subjectivity, the words "thin" and "fat" used to describe peoples' body type are not useful at all, except in contexts which show a nature of making the individual's subjectivity/opinionatedness blatantly obvious. The range of "average" is too wide for people to be able to assess accurately with objectivity. Because of all this, I think only "healthy" or "fit", and "unhealthy", are useful terms.

Am I thin though? I don't know, you tell me. Some people have told me I'm thin, some have told me I'm average. I think the general consensus seems to be that my general shape looks average/thin, proportion-wise. I'm a little taller than average though. I'm exactly 5'7", or 171cm barefoot. I am a US size 6. This means that I'm "bigger" or have more mass than most females, because most are shorter/more compact. Compared to most north americans, I would be on the thin side. Compared to most Chinese or Japanese, I'd be on the chubbier side. But in general, compared to the entire world, I would consider myself to be "average".

I know that I am very healthy. My skin is basically perfect; my digestion is fine; my joints, gum/teeth, libido, appetite, etc, everything seems to be in working order (the one thing I've been having trouble with lately is sleeping early though, but I've had that problem all my life). I checked my blood pressure last week and I'm at 110/70. My resting pulse rate is 60; apparently that's basically athlete-quality.

I walk for 2-3 hours a day (not all in one go) because I don't drive and everything where I live is within walking distance. At my laziest, I'll walk for at least 1 hour a day. In addition to that I do yoga about once a week, and do something intense like dancing or running once a week.

I eat a considerable amount. That's what it seems like to me now that I'm not eating disordered anymore. Funny, because my weight hasn't even changed since my eating disordered period. I would say I eat now, on average, about 2000 calories per day, although I don't really take note of it anymore unless I think I'm going ridiculously over or under. I basically just eat whenever I feel like it. The one thing I've been trying out lately (for the past month or two) is avoiding wheat/gluten solids at all costs. My weight has seemed to have stabilized at ~137lbs because of this. I almost never eat fast food; maybe once every few months. I eat junk food (chips, chocolate) a couple times a week. I make sure to eat adequate carbs and fat. I try to eat more natural/raw foods. In general, I eat a lot of fruit, eggs (especially raw egg yolk), rice/potatoes and products of them. I don't eat as much vegetables as I used to, but I would say I still eat much more of them than the average Western person. When I do eat animal products, I generally eat mostly raw stuff - raw egg yolk, raw fish, rare beef steak. I eat much less meat than most people do. I drink a lot of iced coffee. I avoid chemical sweeteners, MSG, trans fat, and all those fun but unnecessary additives. I avoid canned and highly processed foods.

I have always experimented a lot with my diet and been deeply interested in nutrition science. I do not take any nutrition information out there without a grain of salt, whether it be from government-endorsed sources or alternative opinions. I don't believe anything - even if it seems to make sense. I have to try everything for myself first.

Reactions: slant and kucala
Hard to answer due to my slightly irregular poo-poo habits... I usually go about 3-4 days without going (hih), and during the day following the end of this fecal drought I visit the bathroom every couple of hours (is it tmi to mention the pain this results in, or have I already crossed that line?). Rinse(d) and repeat.
Due to this (I'd assume?), I also have a quite distinguished bloating cycle - I could probably pose for both the before and after picture for a diet pill commercial just a couple of days apart (the amplitude has decreased a bit since I stopped constantly chewing gum, though). There's also a nestled, slightly less noticeable function correlating to my urination habits...

So, a non-poopy summary would be: it depends?

Reactions: barbad0s
Hard to answer due to my slightly irregular poo-poo habits... I usually go about 3-4 days without going (hih), and during the day following the end of this fecal drought I visit the bathroom every couple of hours (is it tmi to mention the pain this results in, or have I already crossed that line?). Rinse(d) and repeat.
Due to this (I'd assume?), I also have a quite distinguished bloating cycle - I could probably pose for both the before and after picture for a diet pill commercial just a couple of days apart (the amplitude has decreased a bit since I stopped constantly chewing gum, though). There's also a nestled, slightly less noticeable function correlating to my urination habits...

Ouch! Have you visited a doctor about it? To be honest, this doesn't sound normal.

most definitely needs a cup of yogurt a day

five nine and 180, if I lost 15 lbs I would be thin

Reactions: manatee
Definitely not thin. I wouldn't say morbidly obese, but I'm definitely a bit on the fluffy side. I used to watch what I ate very closely but I have gotten very lazy the past year, particularly after I had my son.

My weight is dispersed pretty evenly over my body though so I tend to not look as huge as I ought to given the numbers on the scale. -_-

It depends on my goals.

Averaged out among them - probably about 2,400 calories. If I'm at a point where I'm doing more cardio / running / soccer / etc, I might lower it a bit or keep it around that same amount. But when I hit the weights hard, I definitely bump it up by 500 calories or so.

As far as portion size, I don't count that, really. I just know what I plan to eat for the day and make sure it's gone by the time I go to bed.

Nope, not thin. Never have been, actually; when I was six, my metabolism got really messed up by a well-meaning parent. :p I've been normal a few times in my life, though.

Recently I've been making a few changes I can live with, so we'll see if I can get back to normal again. But every time I reach a normal weight, people think I look too thin...even when I'm size 10 and 155 lbs.

In my opinion "thin" and "normal" are relative, unless they're health risks.

Not since I gave up smoking :m198:

Actually I'm okay... what am I, 83kg and 184cm (185 pounds and 6 feet) and athletic build (I lift weights occasionally... except since I quit smoking I can't do anything except eat or sleep lol). I'd prefer to be a bit less, hoping I can get fit by running soon now my lungs are starting to work again :)

I tend to water fast a lot, sometimes for three weeks at a time because it gives me much more focus. As a result I'm very thin.