Are You Into Sports? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are You Into Sports?

Are you into spectator sports like football, baseball, etc.?

• INFJ Male: Yes

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • INFJ Male: No

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • INFJ Female: Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • INFJ Female: No

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • INTJ Male: Yes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • INTJ Male: No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ Female: Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ Female: No

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • All Others: Yes

• All others: No

• Total voters
I actually enjoyed watching the superbowl yesterday. Possibly partly because I'm from Baltimore (Boo, bad Colts. You left. Si immaturity-win.) and partly because the whole New Orleans thing was pretty cool, but probably mostly because I was watching it with someone I like to talk to and we had a pretty good conversation going in between plays.

I enjoy watching spectator sports when I don't know the rules and I'm in the mood to try to figure them out just from watching (Ti practice, that is to say). That's what I was doing last night, trying to figure out the rules of this strange ritual game and how they were being applied. I did pretty well for never having watched a game of football in my life before, I think.

About the only sports I enjoy are the equestrian sports, and I'm not very good at them myself (decent, but not great). I didn't like sports at all in secondary school, but I'm beginning to warm to idea of intramural lacrosse in college (when I finally get there) and I'm beginning to wonder if my dislike of sports was tied into my general dislike of the overriding culture and mindset of my school and area: now that the latter has fallen, the former has no grounds to exist.

We'll see. I don't have any huge interest in sports, but it's starting to look as if it could be fun. I don't actively dislike it anymore. Watching is just as boring as hell, unless one of the teams I support is playing. (They all suck, by the way. :m070:)

no, but I did watch the supper bowl with my wife and daughters and enjoyed it.

I find that if I have to watch a sport, I get all antsy, because I want to be out there playing it (especially if its a sport that I'm familiar with how to play). I'll tune into World Cup occasionally, especially if I'm with a group of people who are passionate about it, but I'll rarely go out of my way to watch it.

Football, basketball, baseball, and world cup skiing... this last one as I did participate in ski racing and wished I could have pursued it farther than I did

Nope. And if for some reason I end up in front of a tv while there's some sports event I'm surely spaced out thinking about something else. I don't have the patience nor the interest for watching that, and not to mention cheering while watching which I understand but don't want to be near someone who's that much enjoying. :)

It's Vids like this one that wishes I had more time and talent on skis

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ahyHbEP5aM"]YouTube- Didier Defago the winner of Kitzbühel Hahnenkamm Rennen Downhill[/ame]

:m204:

It's Vids like this one that wishes I had more time and talent on skis

YouTube- Didier Defago the winner of Kitzbühel Hahnenkamm Rennen Downhill

:m204:

FUNNNNNNN!!!! I wish I could do stuff like this to. One of my favorite things to do skiing is to try and go as fast as I possibly can, by any means. Had I grown up in the mountains, I might have ended up doing stuff like this. My ski buddy who could have been on the US ski team (but turned it down to go to college), fears for me cause she claims I go too fast. haha.

I hate sports with a burning passion as hot as a thousand suns. If it were up to me, we'd all be staying inside and watching movies or something. o_o

I like MMA, other than that no, its too boring. played enough sports as a kid to hold me over with memories for a lifetime I don't need to watch other mens achievements in the sports arena, how Beta male.

Martial arts, weight lifting and fishing are the three main ones I do.

Last edited:
Martial arts, weight lifting and fishing are the three main ones I do.

I believe there is a combo event of all three of these in the next summer X games.

No.

I loved playing softball for the recreation department when I was a kid, but the older I got, the more I realized how greatly my skill level determined how much the other players wanted me on their team.

Unfortunately, I haven't much coordination, so I was never very good, and the ultra-competitiveness of most of my teammates just didn't sit well with me at all. I hated letting them down. I hated the fact that they thought they had a right to be angry with me for my lack of skill. I hated how aggressive and serious everything was.

When it comes to watching sports... I'm just not interested if I'm not playing. From my perspective, thinking of sports objectively, they really do seem silly. Just running around within some sort of boundary vacillating between trying to get a ball and trying to get rid of it somehow. The fun lies in being the one doing all the running around; I've not got much interest in watching somebody else do it.

Except sometimes hockey is entertaining when there is a bit of rough-housing going on.

Last edited:
I voted no. I'll watch sports with my friends, or my dad, but I almost never intentionally watch sports.

Soccer (I'm American, call it what ever the hell you want to call it) is the only exception. I'll watch it if I'm flipping through channels, or I'll make time to watch it during the World Cup. My interest probably only comes from playing for 10 years as a kid.

Having been a cross country and track athlete, I do enjoy watching distance events like the 5k or Marathon.. But generally don't like watching team sports like basketball or baseball.

I'm big into watching combat sports (having wrestled and grappled) like wrestling, boxing, judo, and MMA.

I agree though that the fun of sports comes from actually participating.. I detest watching other people play.

I'd rather participate than watch. Watching seems boring to me. Probably because we'd rather feel like we influenced the outcome. Love soccer, tennis, martial arts, and sometimes baseball, but I hate watching them.(Except maybe martial arts sometimes)

Well, if you can call WWE universe a sport, then that would be my spectator sport.

I like watching Raw, Smackdown, ECW (although it's done now :( ) and TNA.

I'm not sure if I have a favorite wrestler though, but I admire several of them.

Nope, I'm into neither playing sports nor being a spectator; although for extra circular requirements, I am playing a sport

I enjoy watching baseball, World Rally Championship, and ice dancing, but even with these, small, infrequent doses are more than enough.

As for most all other sports - :noidea:

More than anything else, I enjoy swimming and riding a bicycle. That said, I have no interest in watching others swim, and aside from cyclocross, watching others ride a bicycle for sport is of no interest.

cheers,
Ian