Are we "owed" a partner? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Are we "owed" a partner?

O YEAH BB I'M ALL ABOU -- I mean, yes I think I've heard of it somewhere anecdotally, *ahem*. Joking aside it's shocking to me to see someone publicly advocating/requesting it to be incorporated into society as just a routine commodity similar to vital organs.
Echo Chambers make for some interesting opinions, pedophiles sometimes leave whatever secret forum or whatever you'd call it to publicly advocate sex with minors. And are shocked when people react with hostility lol

Feminists are pissed off about sexbots because they can't consent to sex.

Niether can my hand, and yet the cycle of violence continues...
iu

Reactions: Wyote and Reason
For the record I am all for sex robots if it means some creep won't try and lure a 11 year old away from home that he met on Minecraft. I think men can enjoy all the coconuts and Apple pies they want too. Spunk out to what you will. I'm perfectly happy with "things" being sexual objects than having our society deem women as nothing more than sexual objects.

Cheap and readily available sexbots would desexualize women immensely to be sure.

Not as much as you may think.

It raises the question of why sexbots would be preferential to real women. They would be undeniably convenient, but that isn't really persuasive insofar as that question is concerned. You're still missing out on the mental, emotional and animalistic side of sex which is the core motivator for many of us, myself included. I'd rather fuck a real woman with self-awareness who is having her own experience than a simulated woman who has no self-awareness at all. Frankly, I'm just jacking off. There's no fun in that and, arguably, more work than it's worth.

Reactions: acd and Nixie
Not as much as you may think.

It raises the question of why sexbots would be preferential to real women. They would be undeniably convenient, but that isn't really persuasive insofar as that question is concerned. You're still missing out on the mental, emotional and animalistic side of sex which is the core motivator for many of us, myself included. I'd rather fuck a real woman with self-awareness who has having her own experience than a simulated woman who has no self-awareness at all. Frankly, I'm just jacking off. There's no fun in that and, arguably, more work than it's worth.
A fair point.

Yes. It's just like a dildo will stay hard forever but ultimately having a male companion isn't just about his hard cock.

Then there's legalizing prostitution.

"Selling is legal, sex is legal, why isn't selling sex legal?" -George Carlin
It can be argued that prostitution is degrading because people should have sex purely because they wish to, not because they need money.

Just because prostitutes consent to being paid for sex doesn't mean that their choice is coercion free, let alone good. After all, sweatshop workers agree to be paid little in exchange for their labor despite long hours and horrendous conditions because of their limited options, a coercive situation.

Should we not seek to end abuse?

Reactions: Ginny
Just because prostitutes consent to being paid for sex doesn't mean that their choice is coercion free, let alone good. After all, sweatshop workers agree to be paid little in exchange for their labor despite long hours and horrendous conditions because of their limited options, a coercive situation.

We shouldn't want more dignified abuse, we should seek to end abuse.

Transitioning to the end of abuse isn't a switch, it's a process. Legalizing and putting regulations on prostitution may reduce the horrors that currently exist within it, which is a forward step in that process.

Reactions: Ginny and Reason
It can be argued that prostitution is degrading because people should have sex purely because they wish to, not because they need money.

Should we not seek to end abuse?
Well its not like creating prostitution out of thin air its more like lifting a prohibition on it, like the prohibition on alcohol. The coercion would decrease if it was legalized because it could be regulated instead of continuing in its currently unregulated state. With things like bodyguards and STI tests like what they implemented in Australia the practice would be safer for both the women and their customers than in its current illegal state. Also you can have sex for money in America right now, you just have to film it.

Reactions: Ginny