Are we "owed" a partner? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Are we "owed" a partner?

r/niceguys ... No they're not nice. They're not even the so-called "assholes" they believe are "stealing their wymens" ... They're just poorly socialized man-children who probably lacked a true father figure. TBH, my opinion is based on observation of "nice guys" that I've met IRL. Almost none of them had proper parenting - some of them are over-parented by their moms, others had no dads ... The damage was probably done so early in their lives that they really have no point of reference as to how to change, grow or improve whatsoever.

Nice guys....my armchair opinion is that they routinely ignore any women who would date them in favor of people who are obviously not their type. I don't think people are owed intimacy. Referring to the animal kingdom, you don't see the non-alpha moose...mooses...meese(???) getting mates by complaining, guilt tripping females, or humping dead ones. If incels don't stand out enough to get a mate, that's their problem. Fairness is an artificial creation of society, not a law of nature, and I'm guessing that in many cases fairness is not even the issue for incels as opposed to an attempt to compensate for anxiety, fear, or a general lack of social skills.

Reactions: Nixie and Ginny
about the white knight thing
I am, however, asking you to take one for the team and be EH's housewife.
You do owe us a favor, after all.

Nixie said:
"elitist, snobby" reasons and who gets to define these terms and apply them to specific situations.

I'm not saying it's elitist if someone chooses to have intimate relations based on attraction in a physical sense, no, any more than I think someone can't choose whom to collaborate with on a research project on theoretical physics based on perceived skill in it.

It's only snobby if someone brings a value judgment of people's self-worth into it, vs simply rating them on objective criteria and proceeding with the path that is functional. The only thing you can really fault people for if anything at all is on reasonableness and morality. On a related note, it's also snobby if not recognizing that, while yes that's how it is, some are simply more gifted at physics, that doesn't make there a good reason for it or make it fair.

I do think it is unfair that many are simply not gifted enough, by random chance of natural selection, to get the same pleasures. However, that by itself doesn't make it snobby for someone to choose, e.g., a fitting partner to collaborate on string theory for. It just doesn't make sense to collaborate on string theory with someone who can't be up to the job.

The only fallacy committed by those who feel resentment at these circumstances is when they blame people for continuing string theory research despite not everyone having the chance to do it. That's like saying everyone should die of poverty just because some do -- it's probably better to hope that in future, we'll innovate more in science to close the gaps that seem to exist for no great reason beyond random chance.

As to the whole shopping vs intimacy thing, my entire point is that on a purely logical note, I could make the same point with shopping that I did with intimate relations -- while you are right that there is a difference (who ever denied that?!), I didn't need to use that difference in making my point.

And I hope to god that the attachment about the organ donors / sex with the deceased was a joke of some sort on the part of whoever wrote it. It horrifies me to think of the person who proposed that seeing a notification pop up on their cellphone before they beeline excitedly to a morgue to stick their sweaty pecker into a corpse.

Reactions: acd
I agree that fairness is an unrealistic dream. We are not hive minded or carbon copies of each other and have varying degrees of skills and talents.

I was talking to my sister and one of the things I noted was the differences between women and men regarding a lack of companionship. As women we tend to internalize things and think things such as "what's wrong with me" and the secret yearning of "waiting for our prince". The men seem to jump from the internal drama of "what's wrong with me" and move into "nothing is wrong with me and bitches just won't give me a chance" .

Last edited:
Well I'm not going to say forever unrealistic -- it seems stuff like AI could level the playing field if successful, even if it takes time.

Reactions: Wyote
Haha the dream of sex robots solving the problem is all over incel wet dreamdom.

Along with how sorry all women will be when that happens. Two birds with one control panel :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Reactions: Wyote and Reason
no, we don't want incels pissing off their robot gfs

It horrifies me to think of the person who proposed that seeing a notification pop up on their cellphone before they beeline excitedly to a morgue to stick their sweaty pecker into a corpse.
There is such a thing called necrophilia.

Reactions: Icedream
hit the bodies while they're still warm

hit the bodies while they're still warm
Or get a "super-thigh-heater."

Scarily, it fits the subject a little.

There is such a thing called necrophilia.
O YEAH BB I'M ALL ABOU -- I mean, yes I think I've heard of it somewhere anecdotally, *ahem*. Joking aside it's shocking to me to see someone publicly advocating/requesting it to be incorporated into society as just a routine commodity similar to vital organs.