Are a lot of INFJs bisexual? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are a lot of INFJs bisexual?

(For INFJs only:) What is your sexual orientation?

• Straight

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Gay/Lesbian

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters
If we are counting being attracted to women and men, but not transgendered, as bi, then I am bi, and that's how I voted. However, I would classify myself as straight, as I have never had a relationship with a woman. Have flirted with women, messed around with them, never committed to one.

If we are counting being attracted to women and men, but not transgendered, as bi, then I am bi, and that's how I voted. However, I would classify myself as straight, as I have never had a relationship with a woman. Have flirted with women, messed around with them, never committed to one.

I don't think experience matters.
Sexuality is attraction.
You may be MORE attracted to men than to women.

That's why Kinsey Developed a Scale for sexuality.
He originally set it at 0-6, but that was revised.
I'd stick with 1-7.
1=Entirely Straight, only attracted to the opposite sex.
4=Entirely Bisexual, perfectly equal attraction to same and opposite sex.
7=Entirely Gay, only attracted to the same sex.

Ofcourse that does not include asexual or pansexual.
Asexual="X", Pansexual="n"? lol.

And btw I think Genosexual would be in addition to a sexuality based on gender/sex, not one in and of itself.

Labels labels labels blah

bah humbug

Sexuality as attraction

I don't think experience matters.
Sexuality is attraction.
You may be MORE attracted to men than to women.
That's why Kinsey Developed a Scale for sexuality.

Yeah, I would have to agree with Crabby Lil Me... I don't think it matters if you actually act on your desires or not. For example, let's say there is a man, age 45, who has been married to his wife for 20 years, and has 3 kids. If he often fantasizes about sexually being with men, or if the idea of male homosexual sex really turns him on, I would say that he is at least bi (possibly gay if he is totally in denial), even if he has never acted on it in real life or doesn't intend to.

But, this does bring up a good point about how people self-identify.... I think the self-identification thing is a whole other issue. There are a lot of women who identify themselves as 'straight' although they have had sex with women on multiple occasions when they were drunk, and might do it again. I know one woman who has had sex with women on various occasions, but I don't think she would really have a relationship with a woman... I think she considers herself to be straight and doesn't really go around saying she's bi, although she doesn't exactly deny it either.

Which brings up the issue of some bi people looking to one gender for sex only, and only having romantic relationships with the other gender.

I think this is the more common Kinsey scale:
0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual; bisexual.
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual

I think in-depth surveys would be interesting, about the percentages of women and men who are on each number.

Me myself, on the above I'd be a 3, and would have relationships with either gender.

Last edited:
The 3-time rule

The people who have had sex with the same gender multiple times but still say they are straight... I tend to apply the '3-time rule' to them.

Which means:
If you've done it 3 times, and you would do it again, you're bi. lol.

I think this is the more common Kinsey scale:
0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual; bisexual.
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual

I think in-depth surveys would be interesting, about the percentages of women and men who are on each number.

Me myself, on the above I'd be a 3, and would have relationships with either gender.

I'm a 3 as well! Yay 3s! lol
I call myself "The perfect bisexual" because I've only been with 1 man and 1 women. (contrary to my best friend who is bisexual but she has only ever dated women)

Oh and nice job on the professional Kinsey scale.
I just used 1-7 because I feel that using 0-6 is like a measure of gayness (ie: 0 parts gay) going from left to right, rather than a measure of sexual orientation.
But then-hey, it doesn't include asexual or pansexual so oh shwell.

I read an interesting article about a study that said that women can be sexually and mentally bisexual but men can only be mentally bisexual, not sexually bisexual. I was like "wtf?"
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

The people who have had sex with the same gender multiple times but still say they are straight... I tend to apply the '3-time rule' to them.

Which means:
If you've done it 3 times, and you would do it again, you're bi. lol.

Hah!!! nice

It doesn't matter to me. If love came to me I wouldn't question its form. I don't think I'm bisexual or homosexual or heterosexual...just sexual.

Bisexual male, here.

I don't really think there is too much of a corralation between someones sexual orientation and their type. I think that gays would lean towards being feelers more, but that is about it. INFJ's would be more open and exploratory to their sexuality then other types. The Ni/Fe combo could easily lead to these kinds of thoughts and ideas and putting ones sexuality into question. This because Ni likes to probe and dig deep, and Fe is centered around interpersonal relations. Sexaulity within ones self is bound to come up at some point. Ni/Te could lead to this as well, but not in the same way, and it would be less common.
I'm not sure I'd dismiss the possibility of a correlation so easily. I can easily imagine, for example, a common genetic factor affecting both ones sexuality and one's type.

Your point about INFJ's being more open about it is particularly apt. It may be that INFJs would be far more willing to admit to bisexuality, both to themselves, and to others.

Bisexual male, here.

I'm not sure I'd dismiss the possibility of a correlation so easily. I can easily imagine, for example, a common genetic factor affecting both ones sexuality and one's type.

Your point about INFJ's being more open about it is particularly apt. It may be that INFJs would be far more willing to admit to bisexuality, both to themselves, and to others.

I am not dismissing the idea of a corralation. It is more that you could come up with a reason for each time, some better then others though. I would venture to guess there are more gay F types then there are T types.

And that is exactly it INFJ's would be more willing to admit it because there more socially permissive then most types, but nothing more then that really. Just because you don't admit something, doesn't mean it isn't true. I still don't think there is a strong coralation.

I would think male INFJs would be slightly more likely to be gay than females, just a hunch though. Wish I knew the genders of the INFJs that answered bi-sexual or gay.

Bisexual male, here.

I agree, I would think gay women would be more likely to have higher levels of testosterone than other women. Conversely I would think gay men would likely have lower levels of testosterone than straight men.

I have a theory that T's would also be likely to have higher levels of testosterone on average; while F's generally have less.

I did a poll on index to digit ratio over at INTJforum and it did seem to bear itself out (the ratio of finger length exhibits how much testosterone you received in the womb). INTJs did seem to have higher levels of testosterone, even amongst women. http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=3250&highlight=finger+length

Last edited:
I agree, I would think gay women would be more likely to have higher levels of testosterone than other women. Conversely I would think gay men would likely have lower levels of testosterone than straight men.

I have a theory that T's would also be likely to have higher levels of testosterone on average; while F's generally have less.

I did a poll on index to digit ratio over at INTJforum and it did seem to bear itself out (the ratio of finger length exhibits how much testosterone you received in the womb). INTJs did seem to have higher levels of testosterone, even amongst women. http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=3250&highlight=finger+length

This isnt a clear cut way though. I am a male INFJ and my ring finger is quite a bit longer then my index finger, indicating a very high level of testosterone. Yet, I would be the last person who would think that I am very "testosterone" in behavior.

I also break this in the fact that I am gay, acoding to this I should be very far from that.

I also break this in the fact that I am gay, acoding to this I should be very far from that.

Not at all, because it's a rule about correlations, not a rule about absolutes. Any correlation, short of a perfect one, allows exceptions to the rule. The stronger the correlation, the fewer exceptions there are, is all.

Ugh, I wish. Even more, I wish I was a lesbian.

I don't really think there is too much of a corralation between someones sexual orientation and their type. I think that gays would lean towards being feelers more, but that is about it. INFJ's would be more open and exploratory to their sexuality then other types. The Ni/Fe combo could easily lead to these kinds of thoughts and ideas and putting ones sexuality into question. This because Ni likes to probe and dig deep, and Fe is centered around interpersonal relations. Sexaulity within ones self is bound to come up at some point. Ni/Te could lead to this as well, but not in the same way, and it would be less common.

Haha impressive Indigo. You are one of the most well read people on mbti I think ^^ I think you are right though :)

I've explained this on the forum about five times.

Demisexual= someone who only has sexual attraction after having established an emotional connection with someone. It is impossible for these people to become sexually attracted to someone that they don't know, or a 'hot' person walking down the street. Their sexual attraction comes hand in hand with their emotional attachment.

Haha I'm a demisexual too :) but with me the emotional attachment happens very quickly. (I thought you werent incapable of having emotional connections e.g. love, since you denied it?)

Last edited:
Demisexual= someone who only has sexual attraction after having established an emotional connection with someone. It is impossible for these people to become sexually attracted to someone that they don't know, or a 'hot' person walking down the street. Their sexual attraction comes hand in hand with their emotional attachment.

Well this is interesting. In my younger days I would absolutely identify with being a demisexual... but as my body matures, insomnia and other health problems ensue; labels, definitions, and perspective begin to blur a bit.

My sexual attraction to women is undeniable, but I have a few times questioned if I had the capacity for sexual feelings towards a male. But seeing as how I have always had issues with my father, a clear answer may never present itself as to which may or may not be a result of that dysfunction.

As of right now I'll consider myself heterosexual.

Labels labels labels blah

bah humbug

haha, I know right? I'm starting to think I'm in the wrong forum... these types of debates/discussions vex me and seem so... superfluous. I used to think I was an overthinker, but "ya'll" take it to a whole other level.

Geez louise. There really are too many labels.

If I ended up labeling myself I guess I'd either be a demisexual or a functional asexual. But I have enough labels on my plate; why would I want another one?

Pffthp.