Are a lot of INFJs bisexual? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are a lot of INFJs bisexual?

(For INFJs only:) What is your sexual orientation?

• Straight

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Gay/Lesbian

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters
Pansexuality, or omnisexuality[1] is a sexual orientation characterized by the potential for aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire for people, regardless of their gender identity or biological sex. Some pansexuals suggest that they are gender-blind; that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others

Thanks slant, I googled it myself, but I don't fully understand the difference with bisexuality. It comes down to the same thing right? You can be attracted to females as well as males, you don't select your partner on basis of gender, so where's the difference?

I actually don't know.

Thats why I didn't bring it up myself, because I don't see a difference either.

I actually don't know.

Thats why I didn't bring it up myself, because I don't see a difference either.

:D Maybe someone else will save us from this dilemma.

is 7 out of 24 people being bi-sexual not quite high? think it may be due to internet reasons more than personality type

Difference between bisexual and pansexual... I think people could probably argue about this a lot. My sense is that 'pansexual' people are a lot less about gender labels, and that someone's gender is irrelevant.

Me, I wouldn't say I am pansexual. Because, although I do like both men and women sexually and romantically, I don't think I would want to date anyone who is transgendered (although I can respect them and have no problem with them). Also, gender does matter to me... in terms of, there are times I want to be with a man. And there are times I want to be with a woman. So it's not like every person is just a human and gender has no relevance to me. If that makes sense.

And, if 7 out of 24 are bi, that is a very high percentage, yes. I remember hearing that 10% of the US population is supposed to be gay/lesbian. But, I am not sure if that is supposed to include bisexuals as well.

Asexual... I have heard of this but I am curious about what percentage of people would really consider themselves to be asexual. And if they are, it makes me wonder why they are asexual. Because sex is a basic instinct and drive in (most) humans.

Bisexual is being attracted to both man and woman. Bi = two.
Pansexual is being attracted to people -- man, woman, transgendered, etc. etc. Pan = all.

I've explained this on the forum about five times.

Demisexual= someone who only has sexual attraction after having established an emotional connection with someone. It is impossible for these people to become sexually attracted to someone that they don't know, or a 'hot' person walking down the street. Their sexual attraction comes hand in hand with their emotional attachment.

Pansexuality, or omnisexuality[1] is a sexual orientation characterized by the potential for aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire for people, regardless of their gender identity or biological sex. Some pansexuals suggest that they are gender-blind; that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others

D: Now I don't know which I am!

I think I'll stick with pansexual for now, because I do find people sexy, and I think more people do know the term.

Well, hell, there are lots of theories on asexuality. Visit the asexual visibility and education network:

http://www.asexuality.org

I would consider myself straight. I am definitely attracted to women in a sexual way, and quite a lot. But I have never been interested in having a relationship with one, and since I don't do casual sex I guess that kind of rules it out.

Regardless of whether you want to date a woman or if you ever sleep with one if you are sexually attracted to women then you got a lil gay in you. lol.
But sexuality is not linear- you can't put it in a box or in simple categories.
We don't actually understand it fully yet.

What I think is interesting is the independence and correlations between sexuality, gender identity, and sex identity. Hrmm....
Anyone here know anything about Intersex? It brings up some good questions.

I've explained this on the forum about five times.

Demisexual= someone who only has sexual attraction after having established an emotional connection with someone. It is impossible for these people to become sexually attracted to someone that they don't know, or a 'hot' person walking down the street. Their sexual attraction comes hand in hand with their emotional attachment.

That's like me!!!!
I didn't know there was a name for it!!!! ^_^

We need to add metrosexual too then...

metrosexual isn't a sexuality though......

We could include Queer though (aka Queer theory)

I said that as a joke.... really though pansexual?
To say one is gender inspecific in their preference is the same as bi... but because everyone is bi now we as a society have to add a new one.
A quote someone told me once which was brilliant;

"I just want to be different.... just like everyone else"

It just seems that bisexual = sex with everyone
pansexual = sex with every.... but gender doesn't matter.
so really what is the difference?

By the way I admit with absolute entirety that I am ignorant on this subject because I am not looked into, so I am looking for some enlightenment, if there is any to be had.

I don't usually pay attention to sexuality. You could say I'm sexualityless.

I said that as a joke.... really though pansexual?
To say one is gender inspecific in their preference is the same as bi... but because everyone is bi now we as a society have to add a new one.
A quote someone told me once which was brilliant;

"I just want to be different.... just like everyone else"

It just seems that bisexual = sex with everyone
pansexual = sex with every.... but gender doesn't matter.
so really what is the difference?

By the way I admit with absolute entirety that I am ignorant on this subject because I am not looked into, so I am looking for some enlightenment, if there is any to be had.

Because there are more than two genders if you include transexuals and transgenders and the 1 in 200 people with intersex disorders and the 1 in 2000 people who are born with ambiguous genitalia (pseudo-hermaphrodites).
Bisexual implies that are attracted to men for their men-ness and women for their women-ness. (masculinity or femininity can vary)
Pansexual implies that you are attracted to all people regardless of their sex identity or gender identity (and yes they are different and independent of one another).
Queer is more of a political statement than a sexuality- stating that people are people are people and sexuality is fluid. It says you simply love people regardless of their sex, and that sexuality is fluid even though we SEE it as stable. (Apparently you can even be Straight AND Queer at the same time. Yup)

You may want to do some research into:
-Sociological Studies of Sex, Gender, and Sexuality
-Intersex

:m139:

Last edited:
I personally think it's a lot easier to have a more specific label than trying to explain to someone why you don't fit into the normal three...it's not that I like labels or being labeled, but it does cut down on some exasperation.

Sure, because if it isn't an official orientation people don't believe you and blame it on your fear of a relationship, you were probably molested, you're gay, etc.

In fact, they still do it but it guards your ideas; at least, the term asexual helps to guard my ideas.