Your MBTI love type | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Your MBTI love type

I think a thread on this would be good. I know you hit on this before but I can't find the posts where.

I second this. Reason being is I have for a very long time disagreed with the ENTP/INFJ matchup.

I second this. Reason being is I have for a very long time disagreed with the ENTP/INFJ matchup.

It's pretty simple. The Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se combo makes for a very exclusive club. No one else gets us, nor can they meet our standards.

NFJs are best paired with other NFJs because we have the same expectations and quirks. Fe makes us really difficult to deal with but also makes us have a hard time appreciating anyone who doesn't meet the standards that we set for ourselves and others. Ni makes us very much intuitive and direct all at once. We're best paired with our own kind.

STPs make a very good second pick for NFJs because we're the same, just on a broader level. We share Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se. ISTPs are better for us than ESTPs because they share our need for tranquility, but ESTPs may be a better match for a female INFJ. While they're more down to earth and live in the moment more, STPs share our direct approach to life and we can admire each other because our aspirations are in one another.

Other types can do very well outside their 'box', and in fact some types require it. Types that have Ne can greatly appreciate those who are different than themselves. Types that have Fi can pair with any other type who doesn't expect anything from them. This means that the best type for an ENTP is an INTP or an INFP. The best type for an ENFP is an INFP or an INTJ. I'm not going to bother getting into the S types, other than to say that they all seem to do pretty well with each other except for STJs and SFPs who can clash quite a bit... but then STJs clash with pretty much everyone, even themsleves. It's what they do.

Those that are not NFJs or STPs may get along well with us for some time, and are usually well served by us, but eventually we will grow tired of the conflict and clashes and want to leave. It'll take us quite a while to get out of one of these relationships because we don't want to hurt the people we're in them with. So, be warned. If you get into a relationship with one of these, it is likely to turn sour, and may leave you in an emotional quagmire for far longer than you intended to be.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
It's pretty simple. The Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se combo makes for a very exclusive club. No one else gets us, nor can they meet our standards.

NFJs are best paired with other NFJs because we have the same expectations and quirks. Fe makes us really difficult to deal with but also makes us have a hard time appreciating anyone who doesn't meet the standards that we set for ourselves and others. Ni makes us very much intuitive and direct all at once. We're best paired with our own kind.

STPs make a very good second pick for NFJs because we're the same, just on a broader level. We share Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se. ISTPs are better for us than ESTPs because they share our need for tranquility, but ESTPs may be a better match for a female INFJ. While they're more down to earth and live in the moment more, STPs share our direct approach to life and we can admire each other because our aspirations are in one another.

Other types can do very well outside their 'box', and in fact some types require it. Types that have Ne can greatly appreciate those who are different than themselves. Types that have Fi can pair with any other type who doesn't expect anything from them. This means that the best type for an ENTP is an INTP or an INFP. The best type for an ENFP is an INFP or an INTJ. I'm not going to bother getting into the S types, other than to say that they all seem to do pretty well with each other except for STJs and SFPs who can clash quite a bit... but then STJs clash with pretty much everyone, even themsleves. It's what they do.

Those that are not NFJs or STPs may get along well with us for some time, and are usually well served by us, but eventually we will grow tired of the conflict and clashes and want to leave. It'll take us quite a while to get out of one of these relationships because we don't want to hurt the people we're in them with. So, be warned. If you get into a relationship with one of these, it is likely to turn sour, and may leave you in an emotional quagmire for far longer than you intended to be.

Awesome info Von thanks.

I think I dated an NFP and wow what a great time but so were the clashes.

Last edited:
I'm currently with an ENTJ and it is great so far. The only issue that has come up is we are both really afraid of overstepping boundaries with each other. Also, it is impossible for me to read him (I have to teach myself how, and it is a work in progress), which is a stressor for me.

Other then that though, it is great. For me ENTJ is really the best type. I don't know if this is the case for other INFJ's, but it works for me because I wouldn't be able to deal with another feeler, as I have my own emotions to deal with, I need someone extroverted to get me out of my shell, and so communications lines are open. I need someone who has a good handle on Ni, so it boils down to ENTJ.

So really, I think (depending on the person) either ENTJ or ENFJ would be the best match for an INFJ.

My love type is INFJ. The description fits. It says that my best matches would br ENTP and ENFP-- I don't know about that.

I'm currently with an ENTJ and it is great so far. The only issue that has come up is we are both really afraid of overstepping boundaries with each other. Also, it is impossible for me to read him (I have to teach myself how, and it is a work in progress), which is a stressor for me.

Other then that though, it is great. For me ENTJ is really the best type. I don't know if this is the case for other INFJ's, but it works for me because I wouldn't be able to deal with another feeler, as I have my own emotions to deal with, I need someone extroverted to get me out of my shell, and so communications lines are open. I need someone who has a good handle on Ni, so it boils down to ENTJ.

So really, I think (depending on the person) either ENTJ or ENFJ would be the best match for an INFJ.

I would rank NTJs as our third best option. I'm really sorry I forgot to mention this.

While they have a completely different way of thinking, they have the exact same way of looking at the world. We're almost always on the same page... just different paragraphs. This can be a great relationship if you can learn to respect how each of you thinks differently, but it can be a disaster if you cannot. For INFJs, this will be easy at first, but difficult long term because we're open minded until we decide how we feel things should be. For INTJs it is the opposite. They'll have difficulty realizing the pattern with us, but once they do, it is easy for them to see how things relate. Eventually, they may get tired of feeling as if we expect things from them, and we may get tired of constantly having to prompt them to be their best. Otherwise, this can be a great relationship.

(...especially for you Indigo, who is at least half INTJ anyway, with your strong Te. :p )

Your Love Type: ENFJ

The Giver

In love, you give your all and feel guilty when relationships fail.
For you, sex is not separate from love and caring.

Overall, you are humorous, giving, and motivational.
However, you tend to be over-protective and critical of your partner.

Best matches: INFP <3 or ISFP (WHAT? :O)

Last edited:
Your Love Type: INFJ

The Protector

In love, you strive to have the perfect relationship.
For you, sex is nearly a spiritual experience, a bonding of souls.

Overall, you have high expectations for any relationship you're in.
However, you tend to hold back a part of yourself.

Best matches: ENTP and ENFP

Yup, Yup, and YUP!!!

I laughed to myself, but I don't think any type would naturally pick an INTJ. /Sigh

Oh I don't know about that!!! There are a LOT of ENFPs who LOVE INTJs. My twin sister is an ENFP and she always falls for INTJs. And even her best friend is an INTJ.

I don't know why I keep testing as ENTJ's now..

Because you are a Sexy Powerhouse of a Woman!!! GO YOU!!! ^_^

The Protector

what the fuck?

Im attracted to myself?

Your Love Type: ISFJ

http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=<url>
javascript:GetThis('Your Love Type:...logthings.com/whatsyourdatingtypequiz/', '2')
http://twitter.com/home?status=What...com/2u58z9 - Your+Love+Type:+ISFJ #blogthings

Your Love Type: ISFJ

The Nurturer

In love, you are quietly intense, devoted, and tend too hold on too long.
For you, sex is a way to get closer - and a way to take care of your partner.

Overall, you are altruistic and eager to please your sweetie.
However, you tend to also be non-confrontational and secretly frustrated with relationship issues.

Best matches: ESTP or ESFP

This is interesting;

The Protector

For you, sex is nearly a spiritual experience, a bonding of souls -
This is true for me.

Overall, you have high expectations for any relationship you're in - Yes. Also true.
However, you tend to hold back a part of yourself - Not 100% true, I'm quite open with myself.

Best matches: ENTP and ENFP.............. :m145:
Nope, not in a million years, not for me anyway.

I know I'm not an INFJ but I find them attracting (personality wise)

I guess it makes sense for me to think this way most likely due to my chirstian upbringing and growing up in a large family. I do like to be protective over my family members and friends.

This is result I agree with the most and thats what I consider a sexual realtion to be about. Special.

Strange but I do.
But its a result im happy with. I'm glad I'm not like Shai Gar :m122:

Last edited:

The Protector

Your Love Type: ENFP

love.jpg

The Inspirer

In love, you are passionate and eager to develop a strong bond.
For you, sex should be playful, creative, and affectionate.

Overall, you are perceptive and bring out the best in your partner.
However, you tend to hold on to bad relationships after they've turned bad.

Best matches: INTJ and INFJ

Interesting... It DOES, for the most part, match my way with relationships, with one exception: the INFJ perfectionist aspect.

love.jpg

The Protector

Shocking, no? :)

Your Love Type: ISFP

love.jpg

The Artist

In love, you feel deeply and experience intense emotions.
For you, sex is serious. It's how you best express your feelings.

Overall, you are laid back, warm, and a good listener.
However, you tend to seem lazy and disinterested sometimes.

Best matches: ESFJ and ENFJ

Hmm....I don't know. 3 letters different from my "everyday" type? I don't think i trust the whole concept.

Your Love Type: ENFP

The Inspirer

In love, you are passionate and eager to develop a strong bond.
For you, sex should be playful, creative, and affectionate.

Overall, you are perceptive and bring out the best in your partner.
However, you tend to hold on to bad relationships after they've turned bad.

Best matches: INTJ and INFJ

love.jpg

The Protector

Your Love Type: INTJ

The Scientist

In love, you tend to be very private and withdrawn - even when things are going well.
For you, sex is important in a happy relationship. Less important when things aren't going well.

Overall, you are confident, intelligent, and serious about commitment.
However, you tend to hold back and not show your emotions.

Best matches: ENFP and ENTP

Your Love Type: The Idealist (INFP)
love.jpg

In love, you crave a long term, harmonious relationship. You want a life partner and soul mate.
For you, closeness doesn't come quickly - it takes time for you to open up. You need to build trust first.

Overall, you are supportive, nurturing, and expressive. You want to be that rock for the person you're with.
However, you tend to be shy and protective of your personal space. You absolutely need to have your 'me' time too.

Best matches: ENFJ and ESFJ