Which Parent? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Which Parent?

I look like my dad and act like my mom, though I do see parts of dad's personality in mine. He's fairly OCD now, so I hope to avoid that!

I feel that i have some similarities to both of my parents but i am big time like my uncle

In appearance I'm closer to my dad, but still quite different.
I'm really different from both of them, although my dad can't accept this..

I look a lot like my dad and act like him as well - though not completely. I definitely have some of my mother in me. In my estimation, I got extremely lucky in drawing from their genetics on almost every level. What's best about both of them got passed onto me with only a marginal amount of what's worst. That's not to say I have no bad qualities, just that I didn't get them from my parents.

More than anything, I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten such a good father. Dude is one of the best men I know.

Reactions: jyrffw54
I'm an INTP, my dad is an INTP. My mother is an ESFJ...

I have my dad's build, hair and face shape but I have my mother facial features and similar skin color.
The only aspect I have of my mothers personality is my aspergers (it runs in her family).

Mother is ENFP.
Father is INTJ.

Often my mother complains that I act too much like my father. (Snappy and short tempered with certain things). (I don't like hearing this).

I look a great deal more like my father. I look a little bit like my mother. Mostly I look like my paternal grandmother.

I look most like my biological father, apparently. Apart from my eyes.

As for how I act. I can see me being quite a bit like him, which frightens me. I estimate him to be ESFP.

I don't act anything like my adoptive father, apart from a snobbish attitude sometimes. He's ENFJ.

I'm a lot like my mum though. She's INTJ.

I mostly look like my mother and I act like neither of them because for the most part I discovered they were messed up early on in life and vowed to be different. I only ever saw the true nature of my parents very few times indeed in my life. when I say true nature I mean the nature that wasn't effected by drugs, effected by the lack of drugs or alcohol or whatever.

Facial features go to my dad, body type goes to my mom. I act more like my mom because she has been around more haha.

I look like my mommy.

I act like neither. They're both ESxx, I think.

Hmm...have my dad's forehead, nose, lips and chin, also his hair texture and thickness.

Mom's eyes, hair color and some of her body type.

He's ISTJ or INTJ...hard to decide.

She's xSFJ I'm guessing.

I used to think I was adopted...I even researched to see if what my parents said about my conception and birth matched up with the time line.

It did. So now I only wish I was adopted. lol

I actually have more of my grandparents traits. They sorta skipped a generation. My mom has blue eyes, my dad has brown, I have central heterochromia(hazel, blue, green). I have my grandfathers chin on my dads side and my grandfathers nose on my moms side. I have the height and shoulders of dads grandfather and the long legs of my moms grandfather. Now personality wise I took bits and pieces from each. Being a middle child I spent a lot of time just observing my family. I choose the aspects of my parents I like most and tried to build that within myself. So I share traits with them but I am my own person and have always been independent from their influence in part because they both where almost always gone on work trips.

I've been told I look like both of my parents but I look more like my dad though. I used to act like my Dad more, now I take after my mom for the most part yet I realize how different I am than both of them. Both my mom and myself have to be right all the time but she doesn't use rational thought very much.

I think both of my parents are extroverts for the most part though. My dad could be introverted but he's just so screwed up, it can be hard to tell at times.

I look a lot like my dad and brother. People tell me rather than looking extremely ridiculously similar to my father, I look extremely ridiculously similar to my brother. People tend to tell me "If you put a wig on him, you two would be twins!" Well, at least people used to. Maybe as I grew through puberty I started to look a bit more feminine. XD My sister looks a lot like my mom. We all picked up traits from him and some from my mom too. I personally act most like my dad, and out of all my family members, my dad and I butt heads most because we are so similar.

It seems like a lot of the peoples' parents on these forums are type S.

I wonder why do the children turn out to become an N? Is it because of society, the media, or other relatives? This is all so fascinating!

I look more like my mom's sister and a little like my mom. However they have light hair and eyes. I get my darkness from my daddy... both literally and figuratively.

I have no idea what types they are. My mother spends her time in denial and my dad is a successful paranoid sociopath. I genuinely hope I am nothing like whoever they really are underneath.

From the nose up I look like my dad
From the lips down (including body type) I look like my mom

I've got my dad's charm, my mom's insecurities... Dad's musical talent, Mom's appreciation for the arts. Mom's Temper, Dad's i don't give a ***. I guess I'm the best and worst of both of them.