What would you do if you weren't afraid? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It's an interesting comparison: wings and sails. Wings must rise above the problems face into the wind.

... and sails trying to go with (or flee from) the wind. Interesting.

They are both using the wind to their advantage, though in different directions. One is to get where they are going; the other, to rise up for the occasion at hand.

I would take a random plane and see where it'd take me. I would talk to strangers at street. I would go live in a forest for a year. I would send a loveletter to someone I care for and to someone I don't know. I would go skydiving and scuba diving. I would major in creative writing and let the practical subjects fuck themselves.

Jump out of a plane. I'd love to do a bungie jump but I'd never be able to take that step off. More importantly I'd like to do it without a parachute to see what happens at death. I don't believe in death as such so why am I afraid of it? I'd say I'm more afraid of leaving behind my friends and family than anything else. So if I wasn't afraid of leaving behind love, I'd jump from life to life and be as many beings as I could until I found something amazing to be for a while (hopefully I wouldn't forget what I'd done).

EDIT: I hadn't read the response previous to mine but like the comparison ! :) P.S. Marc, scuba diving is amazing so go and do it.

EDIT EDIT: On a new note, I looked to the top of the page to find an 'interesting comparison'. Love coincidences.

Last edited:
I think if I wasn't afraid, I would tell them just how much I need them.

I would tell and show people who I really am, how I really feel, and what I really think.

I've become aware I'm really afraid of losing control of my mind when I get older. The idea of Alzheimer's and not knowing who I am, where I am, who others are, all of that...

I've become aware I'm really afraid of losing control of my mind when I get older. The idea of Alzheimer's and not knowing who I am, where I am, who others are, all of that...
I was just thinking the other day.. "Man, this sucks. I'm confused as it is about life.. and probably by the time I'm close to having anything figured out, I'm going to end up with alzheimers.." (Sigh.)

Love unconditionally.

Afraid of what? No answer necessary, but will accept a PM if you are up to it without taking away too much of your time and energy.....

Originally Posted by EloquentBohemian
Love unconditionally.
Afraid of what? No answer necessary, but will accept a PM if you are up to it without taking away too much of your time and energy.....
Hmmm... caught me. :D
Your question actually made me pause and ask myself.
Fear of disappointment. Fear of emotional hurt, both to another as well as myself.
Over the years I have accepted myself as an Idealist, an incurable Romantic Idealist. I always look for the 'perfect' relationship, with spiritual, emotional and physical perfection. This arises in every encounter, whether a personal romantic one or with people who are friends. I continually combat this, but it is an integral part of my nature and it would be like cutting of an arm to completely shove it into a corner of my psyche. So, I live with it and repress it constantly.

So, I would so much wish to lose this fear of emotional hurt and disappointment, then this Romantic Idealist would love unconditionally and see the perfection in others as they are.

I feel your protective barrier and high expectations. I feel it honorable you listed a second party along with your self regarding emotional hurt; maybe if enough people could be genuinely worried about others' hearts as much as their own it could make life much easier for us all. Maybe is such a big word when we speak of hurt. I have noticed most people seem more protective of their own self. Having been in bed a lot with pain and disappointment over the years, I can truly understand. Are there truly that many people out there
that will not allow someone else inside because they wait for that perfect one? I held great esteem for my wishes and desires earlier in life as a shield of sorts to hide my being so introverted. Loneliness does a lot to one's soul. It would be nice to be able to love people without reserve and with abandon.
I think it possible if we don't mind the scars and the tears. Your love may be someone else's blessing..........possibly going without because of fear.
Just rambling I guess. Must be the mood I'm in tonight. Please forgive me.

I don't think we should be afraid of loving.
I think we should be afraid of not loving.

If only I wasn't afraid, I would just simply open my mouth and let the thoughts, feelings and questions in my mind just pour out.

If I wasn't afraid... I would do everything I've ever done and really loved again, just to feel it completely and with reckless abandon. I would love to completely let go to my senses without the fear of hurt or harsh repercussions.....

If I wasn't afraid, right now I'd be driving away to FIND something, rather than to sit here and wait and prepare, wait and prepare, hope and dream and wait and prepare....

There's gotta be something better out there.

I Have a Deep Fear Of...

I have a deep fear of rejection. Without this fear, I could possibly emcee this year's Family Reunion.

I would've attempted to get Tonya's telephone/cell number last summer.

I would've attended last week's meetup group.