What type is most attracted to INFJs ? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What type is most attracted to INFJs ?

I want an INTP so bad. I promise I will take care of it! I want one! I want one! :m079:

Hehehe don't hate me but there was a fairly attractive INTP who approached me because she liked me and I kinda rejected her, well like stopped her before she too far ahead of herself. I found her rather dull. Her, but also most NT's, seem very easy for me to understand to the point where understanding them is no longer very interesting. This isn't always a bad thing because understanding is good for a relationship butI like the mystery and challenge of really having to work at someone to understand them fully. It keeps me very interested and caring with them.

Last edited:
I'm in a crazy relationship with an ISTP... not a whole lotta empathy from that guy but copious amounts of love and chemistry... inside me is so much storm of emotion anyway as an INFJ/P. Any suggestions? lol

Hehehe don't hate me but there was a fairly attractive INTP who approached me because she liked me and I kinda rejected her, well like stopped her before she too far ahead of herself. I found her rather dull. Her, but also most NT's, seem very easy for me to understand to the point where understanding them is no longer very interesting. This isn't always a bad thing because understanding is good for a relationship butI like the mystery and challenge of really having to work at someone to understand them fully. It keeps me very interested and caring with them.

Had the same problem.... except I liked this ISTP who I thought was more complex inside more like a INTJ. I basically just created my own mystery then it ended with a bust. She was an ISTP! It was so disapointing.

I like this ENFJ/INFP/ don't know but she makes me feel warm inside <3 :)

I don't think would go out with INFJ's though. I don't know why.
The ones I know aren't my type of dating material. Their isn't that connection.
I feel like a simpleton around here some times :( maybe thats why, I feel like I should
study more religion, ethics, and everything in general when I see all these deep Issues.

Sorry SJ's,NT's blah... don't know why but it doesn't work out well with me and them.
They do make good friends though. :)

Last edited:
In my experience, it has been mostly ST types to come on to me... but I bond better with NFs

I'm not sure if I can provide a legit answer

but an esfp liked me lots.

He had a great time trying to coax me out of my emotional shell and make me feel awkward...

I agree, bonding is easier with NFs. However the main problem I have with alot NF is the lack of competency and ability to effect reality. Having intuition and a strong inner world is fine but I believe people should master both inner and outer reality.

NF remind me of a flame that can easily burn out of control and NF as something slower and more steady.

I'm not sure if I can provide a legit answer

but an esfp liked me lots.

He had a great time trying to coax me out of my emotional shell and make me feel awkward...

I know what u mean about being coaxed out of yr shell.. it IS awkward, do u feel like it's an invasion of yr safety zone and privacy? It feels like that to me, also, after u open up, then what? It's like they do get bored and for me, I kinda hate to think that anyone finda me boring, altho I just swing it back to 'well, whatever then', lol...

I think it's a huge pride thing personally. When I open up, I feel it's very important, and I hate it when anyone takes it lightly, so I just save myself the pain of feeling like I just gave myself away, u know? Just stay awayyy, hah

I know what u mean about being coaxed out of yr shell.. it IS awkward, do u feel like it's an invasion of yr safety zone and privacy? It feels like that to me, also, after u open up, then what? It's like they do get bored and for me, I kinda hate to think that anyone finda me boring, altho I just swing it back to 'well, whatever then', lol...

It's funny. This is exactly my experience. They try so hard to get you to open up but when you do, you lose the "mystery" and then they're not that interested anymore.

I think it's a huge pride thing personally. When I open up, I feel it's very important, and I hate it when anyone takes it lightly, so I just save myself the pain of feeling like I just gave myself away, u know? Just stay awayyy, hah

Yes this is me exactly my girlfriend ESFJ got such a huge kick out of dragging me out of my comfort zone (and it was actually kind of fun for me too) But I still don't think she entirely realizes how big of a deal me sharing so much about myself is.

I don't think would go out with INFJ's though. I don't know why.
The ones I know aren't my type of dating material. Their isn't that connection.
I've always thought the same thing. I need someone who pushes me out of my shell and at the same time is willing to openly express their feelings so that I can counsel them. INFJ's generally avoid taking people out of their comfort zone like its the plague and only in extremely rare times of need express there in feelings or seek the counseling of a friend. I feel the relationship would probably just be extremely boring and rather pointless almost (neither of us would really get a whole lot out of the relationship)

NT types for me though I tire of them lately. Its like I can feel the nervous and cold energy of their thoughts and I find it depressing. Your restless mind makes me feel restless, people!

I play too rough for NF boys. I'm like Lennie from 'Of Mice and Men'. Hee.

ENTPs are the type that like me best. In real life at least. And an ISTP once seemed to find me intriguing. A lot of ESTJs and ISTJs(?) (idk maybe just a shy ESTJ) seem to like me too. Idk how any of these people would find me online tho . . .i actually manage to come across as somewhat intellgent in real life.
Oh and an ENFP liked me once too. They don't seem to flock to me though (tho I can totally imagine them doing that :D hehe) but more just find me intriguing.
Oh and ESTP once but usually that is NOT the case.
sry if you found none of the above interesting. :p
and the type that is most attracted to INFJs is me. :D

Last edited:
My on/off we-are-so-dysfunctional boyfriend of 2 years (well currently ex, that will probably change though) is an INFJ like me.

An INTP has a majoooor crush on me - it's so hard, he won't say anything but I can totally tell. It's also hard because he has some other mental oddities...

I hit it off pretty well with an ESFJ the other night..go figure.

I am so horrible at telling people's types.

ENFP -> INFJ

Well, I'm very new to this (found out my type yesterday after several different tests), and it just so happens that an INFJ put me on to this whole thing. Now, the thing is that I'm totally in love with her and I'm being a total ENFP about it. The word smothering comes to mind.

This whole situation is consuming me since I also work with her. So it's hard not to go nuts.

Are there any INFJ ladies who have had this with ENFP's? And if so, what do you usually do to get rid of these people? This whole thing is very interesting and it's exciting to find that other people are interested in this kind of thing. All you INFJ's are supposed to be great counsellors and we ENFP's are good patients. lol

Any advice?

:D Welcome, Redbeard.

Are you asking how to smother her less, or are you asking how to get along with her better? Or both?

I suggest pointing her in the direction of an ENTP and telling her to have sex with him.

Sorry I didn't respond.

To make a long story short, it all moved too fast for me. I tried to fb message him this (bad idea, but I couldn't approach him in person)

It got misinterpreted somehow (it's tempting to blame the pothead partygirl who disliked me), and then he made out with another girl the next weeknd....

But this is all so dramatic and probably not a very reliable piece of info.

I'm not ready for relationships. At all. I'll keep them in my head for now, thanks.

Sorry I didn't respond.

To make a long story short, it all moved too fast for me. I tried to fb message him this (bad idea, but I couldn't approach him in person)

It got misinterpreted somehow (it's tempting to blame the pothead partygirl who disliked me), and then he made out with another girl the next weeknd....

But this is all so dramatic and probably not a very reliable piece of info.

I'm not ready for relationships. At all. I'll keep them in my head for now, thanks.
I recommend sex with an ENTP.

Weellll

Why are they declining that seems silly. :m200:
It's all in the approach. There was a period of time when I kept encountering these somewhat sleazy guys who would always offer to go down on me, saying stuff like 'I just loooove to go down'. And 2 hours later, 'Btw, did I mention I loooovve to go down on a woman?' lol. There are not too many women who will take a guy up on that, somebody just up and offering that. It comes across as being nasty, and not in a good way. lol.

It's all in the approach!