What Type Do You WISH You Were? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What Type Do You WISH You Were?

which Type Do you Wish You Were?

• Total voters
Im curious to understand why so few people so far have chosen "S" type personalities. Is it that most "N" types look down upon the majority of "S" types?

Im curious to understand why so few people so far have chosen "S" type personalities. Is it that most "N" types look down upon the majority of "S" types?

Who knows, I know i wanted to pick INTJ over INFJ because I would love to replace Fe with Te. and yet still be somewhat the same.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Rogarn, it's because S types are misrepresented in online MBTI communities and thus we rarely learn of their virtues. Or at least, S is seen as being inferior to N and thus many S's will call themselves something else.

I don't think it has anything to do with inferiority. At least, if someone really understands MBTI they'd realize there is no "better" or "worse" type.

For me it's just learning to turn off the "Feeling" side and making decisions quickly without wondering how others would perceive it. Like Billy said, I'd be essentially me, but switching the Fe for Te more.

I wouldn't mind being an S type at all, although admittedly, I am a bit daunted by the prospect. It's one thing to want to change your orientation toward the world, judging vs. perceiving, feeling vs. thinking, extrovert vs. introvert... but sensing and intuition are two very different ways of filtering information and thus, are the biggest alter to perspective and personality. I am very much attached to my Ni. I suspect I would feel very far removed from my original self should my intuition be bumped to my inferior.

INTJ's have this same ego, you just don't see as much of it.

Yes, but INTJ's have realistic Ego's most of the time, at worst they only slightly overestimate themselves, and they only fail as a result of missing a trivalitiy or the like.
ENTJ's tend to consider themselves genius's who are surrounded by idiots, and are forever making excuses for their failings alongside inaccurate conclusions on their own ability.

Reactions: Blind Bandit

I can't stand SJ, SPs are cool people but I don't like living that fast. ENFJ would allow me to be a people person and not be drained because of it and have functions I'm ok with.

Yes, but INTJ's have realistic Ego's most of the time, at worst they only slightly overestimate themselves, and they only fail as a result of missing a trivalitiy or the like.
ENTJ's tend to consider themselves genius's who are surrounded by idiots, and are forever making excuses for their failings alongside inaccurate conclusions on their own ability.

I will have to agree with that. I don't normally overestimate myself, because i pride myself in my knowledge(and that also means what i don't know). However, I do on a regular basis fail because of missed minor items. For example, I'm fantastic in math, but make tons of small little errors.

I do tend to think of myself as having higher intelligence then most. In this way i am incredibly vain and punish myself when i do not meet up to the standards i have set for myself.

ISFP or INTJ (totally different...) because I'd like to have the 'living in the moment and past' thing of Ss or the logic of a Thinker. I wouldn't want to be ISFJ though... I wouldn't want to be an SJ (the world would seem so small...).

Hmmm. I think ESFJ-because it seems that is what I am expected to be, what I was socialized to be when I was younger. That dichotomy lies at the root of my being well, a little bipolar 2. There was no way I could use my energy to be extroverted full time, along with disregarding the Ni moments. I admire ESFJ's, their conviction, their caring. Only the occasionally narrow mindedness turns me off.

I wouldn't mind being an S type at all, although admittedly, I am a bit daunted by the prospect. It's one thing to want to change your orientation toward the world, judging vs. perceiving, feeling vs. thinking, extrovert vs. introvert... but sensing and intuition are two very different ways of filtering information and thus, are the biggest alter to perspective and personality. I am very much attached to my Ni. I suspect I would feel very far removed from my original self should my intuition be bumped to my inferior.

Pretty much this. We have "less control" over our perceiving functions then we do over our judging functions. This is why there is very rarely a confusion between the S/N axis. Further, this is also why very few people would actually cross that axis, in particular staying on the same attitude (i.e. Ni/Si Ne/Se). It's so internal and innate that to many, it just feels like we would be so vastly different from who we'd originally be that it wouldn't feel like a good change.

Te is notorious for having a disregarding ego. What I mean is, an ego that will disregard anything it does not want to hear. All type have potential to be egotistical, but yes Te does get the rap for being the "worse" with it because it is often the most visable direct and tangiable. ENTJ's tend to have more potential with this over INTJ's because of Te being first. From what I have noticed, in general, have Fi, Fe, Ti, or Te as a person's first function can lead to a stronger potential in this respect.

ISFP, though it's not a really strong longing. I feel that most of my concerns with my type can be changed, and with each change there are losses. I think I'd soon miss my Ne and even my Ti, though I'd love to test Ni to see if that's something I'd like.

Ehh, I can't decide. Honestly, the only thing I really want from Jness is the confidence, though I think that can be cultivated (and perhaps I wouldn't necessarily have a strong internal confidence with that anyway).

Am I missing something here, whats with the sudden hype over being extroverted?

Yes, the grass is greener... but that's because its growing over a large septic tank.
Being extroverted isn't all that's cracked up to be.

Last edited:
Not so sure about my type, however I'd stay the same.
I could idealize and say that J is like 1000 times better than P, but it's most likely not.
I'd rather wish to be something possible and achievable (ex. more confident) over something impossible (introvert or something)

Yes, the grass is greener... but that's because its growing over a large septic tank.

On the contrary, my friend, grass that is growing over a septic tank is on average less green. This is because most houses that have a septic tank in their yard have it closer to the surface. This means less dirt for the grass to grow in, and therefore, less green grass.

Reactions: jyrffw54

haha, nicely said Matariki, I'd wager there's a lot of truth to this statement (figuratively speaking)

On the contrary, my friend, grass that is growing over a septic tank is on average less green. This is because most houses that have a septic tank in their yard have it closer to the surface. This means less dirt for the grass to grow in, and therefore, less green grass.

Please allow me to correct myself,

The grass is greener over the leach/drain field, (which is connected to the septic tank)
it takes advantage of the moisture and nutrients in the drain field. I suppose this would also be the case if you had an overflowing septic tank and it were deep enough for grass to grow over the top of it.

Last edited:
Please allow me to correct myself,

The grass is greener over the leach/drain field (which is connected to the septic tank)

In most cases this is what we refer to as "weeds". If, by chance, you live in Florida, you are allowed to call this patch of weeds "grass". ^ ^

In most cases this is what we refer to as "weeds". If, by chance, you live in Florida, you are allowed to call this patch of weeds "grass". ^ ^

:m125:...

Stuff grows, whatever it happens to be called, (In New Zealand we have a common weed known as poa, its often mistaken for grass) All I know is that it is green.

:m125:...

Stuff grows, whatever it happens to be called, (In New Zealand we have a common weed known as poa, its often mistaken for grass) All I know is that it is green.

Yes, we have a great deal of that... stuff.. Im not sure that it can be called grass... by anyone but the stupid