IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
I think this has come up as a topic before but I don't feel like looking it up right now.

Which type do you wish you were, and why? I know many people here are happy with their type, but there are others (such as myself), who if they had the option, they would be another type.

Poll also added.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
The more time flies, the more I am happy with who I am. I am starting to notice what makes me special, and what are my strengths and weaknesses. I would not change myself, I will just strive for balance.

So at the moment, INFP. Because its closer to who am I and I enjoy it :)

ENFJ, I like my INFJ self but I think being ENFJ would make passing in the normal world a little easier. And people wouldn't so judgmental.

I would love to be an ENTJ. I find them fascinating and I'm always a little bit in love with them...

But then again, I like being the unique blend that I am at the same time...

either a healthy INFJ
or an ISFJ or ESFJ

I have said this on various places through out the forums over the past year or so. Nevertheless, I wish I were an ENTJ. I came to realize this after I went through heavy trials with one of my ex's, who happened to be an ENTJ. I realized that a huge piece of the attraction I had to him, was that I actually wanted to be him (not completely, there were some not so bright spots there).

I try so very hard to make myself as efficent and logical as possible and I have pushed myself beyond my capacity many times in the past. I know better then to be someone I am not but I am powerless to stop trying in a lot of ways. I find ENTJ's to be fascenating individuals. Very efficent, logical, clear headed, determined, unwavering, yet still understanding and deep. All of the things I look for in another, and all the tings I aspire to be. I know its terrible to think this but I am often at war with my emotions and I very often just want them to go away or go on vacation because they just get in the way of what I want or need to do most of the time. I can see what needs to be done, but I can't act on it in the best most efficent way possible like an ENTJ can usually.

It's for all those reasons (and more that I can't really explain) that I wish I were that type. I am confortable with who I am, don't get me wrong, but it's not where I want to be and I have come to terms with that. As such I am likely defaulted to find someone romatically (eventually, I have taken a hiatus from relationships until I am in grad school) to fill these holes. And it's my hopes that I can fill the emotional holes for them. That is one thing I do like being about an INFJ is my understanding of human emotion and the subjectivity of it (which is something ENTJ's do lack).

ETA: I often wonder if who you want to be is what you are always going to be attracted to.

Reactions: sassafras
ENFJ, I like my INFJ self but I think being ENFJ would make passing in the normal world a little easier. And people wouldn't so judgmental.

Same. ENFJ.

I'm not sure. I guess I wouldn't mind being an extrovert for a day, just to see what it's like. Also wouldn't mind the conviction of a J type, or the ability to enjoy the moment like an SP.

Reactions: rawr
I am somewhat content with being an ENTP, I have my struggles but what personality type doesn't have their up and down points?
However there are times where I secretly wanted to be an INTP. They seem to get all the INFJ's, make awesome graphic novel characters and come across more intelligent then us ENTP's.

ENTP's are loud, crazy, emphaticless and inconsiderate towards others. In short, trolls. Who wants to be with a troll, yet alone be one?
:m125:... Its a daily dilemma I'm stuck with.

Also wouldn't mind the conviction of a J type, or the ability to enjoy the moment like an SP.

Yeah, i think it would be interesting to be an ISFP for a day, and just enjoy the moment, rather than overthinking or overanalyzing every little thing. *glares at Ni & Ti*

Reactions: rawr
when i was younger i was totally unstable and crazy. i stayed out all night drinking and doing drugs, smoking endless cigarettes and taking my shirt off in the pub, and going home with strangers. deep down i was very unhappy but also it was fun and an escape. i did whatever i wanted. i think i was more like an ESTP then. but i think i've mainly come to terms with who i am now.

I'd stay the same. Identifying my type and learning to understand it has helped me come to terms with how I relate to the world and not stress so much about it.

ISTP, so then I could grasp the concrete easier, and have more rationality in my life.

But I generally like me as is

It seems to me that healthy ENTJ's have less problems in general with people then a health INTJ. Perhaps its my desire to be around people that makes me wish to be an ENTJ. I just cant stand everyone cause they are all idiots. generalized of course...

INTJ.

They just have a certain determined aura that makes me feel inferior to them on many levels.
I would say ENTJ, as I'd prefer to be an extrovert, but any ENTJ's I've met have had such huge, monstrous ego's, that any intelligence they might have is overshadowed by the intelligence they presume to have and often lack.

Oh, and I'd love to be an INFJ, because you people just have such a firm grasp of emotions that you have no difficulty in bonding with people, and sometimes I wish I could manage that more often.

INTJ.

They just have a certain determined aura that makes me feel inferior to them on many levels.
I would say ENTJ, as I'd prefer to be an extrovert, but any ENTJ's I've met have had such huge, monstrous ego's, that any intelligence they might have is overshadowed by the intelligence they presume to have and often lack.

INTJ's have this same ego, you just don't see as much of it.

I said INTJ because sometimes it's easier to just get things done without worrying how folks will take it. I like being an introvert, though. It seems like I'd expend too much energy as an extrovert.

clicked the wrong one, I meant to click INTJ X_X

*claps hands*
Happy and I know it...

I relate to INFJ but wouldn't really want to be a Feeler. Perhaps an S type just so I could "get" how they are but not forever and ever. Can't say I really wish to be another type but am curious to figure out other types.