What Type Do You WISH You Were? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What Type Do You WISH You Were?

which Type Do you Wish You Were?

• Total voters
Am I missing something here, whats with the sudden hype over being extroverted?

Yes, the grass is greener... but that's because its growing over a large septic tank.
Being extroverted isn't all that's cracked up to be.

Its a lot less difficult to deal with at least a few problems of the world while your an Extrovert.

I think I'm comfortable with the idea of type change because I see it more as how my brain works, and not so much who I am. Just a disposition change, really.

I'm actually much more in preference of being introverted, because I feel I am less dependent on others to meet my social needs.

I admire the gusto and energy of my extroverted friends.
I go through spurts of it.. but it's just not something I manufacture.

I really enjoy the time I spend alone...But the thing I don't like about it is the possibility of making someone else feel rejected or alienated because of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuirkyLemonFlower
I wouldn't say that.
If anything I would say extroverts were more prone to create problems.

and are subject to more problems, since they are always out there.

Being an E isn't any easier. You get judged more often believe it or not. At least introverts have that mysterious element to them, and can play up whatever image they want to give if they so choose to to get by.

Extroverts? Not so much.

The more you're out there, the more you are subject to critique and scrutiny. Introverts have the ability to hide and find peace on their own, and that's something great.

As for what type I would like to be, I kinda like the mish mash that I am now. I am currently an ENFJ, my boyfriend thinks I am NTJ...I just did an official MBTI test recently and now I am anxious to find out about the results.

Last edited:
I just did an official MBTI test recently and now I am anxious to find out about the results.

What are the differences between official MBTI tests and the free ones you find on the net?

Last edited:
I voted ENTJ. I'm happy being an NT, but I would like to be more extraverted and more structured, with better follow through. I've tried to cultivate these qualities in the past, but they are rather difficult for me to attain. I tend to slip back into my usual perferences ... especially introversion.

I've also wanted to be ESTJ and ESTP at times. The world seems made for these two types, especially the former. They tend to rise far and fast ... and the ESTPs seem to have fun doing it.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I like to be INFJ, but If I would have to choose I wish I was ENFx or extrovert in general. Maybe then I wouldn't be as lonely, though anyone can be lonely or have social anxiety and it doesn't matter if introvert or extrovert.

Can totally see you as ENFJ(queen) type

Oh, that's interesting. ^-^

I've actually sometimes wondered if I am just a very lonely and extremely socially anxious extroverted intuitive thus why I've always felt so lonely even if I had only one or two friends in the past, maybe that wasn't enough for me and the social anxiety made me even more lonelier, because it made me escape and hide from different social situations at a younger age. Just pondering. :grin:

Instead of a type change I'd rather just being something else on another planet preferably humanoid as the human experience is disappointing and a lot of it feels very arbitrary where there is very little personal choice over oneself due to the usual types projecting their flaws onto everyone else.