What Super Hero Did You Identify With As A Kid? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What Super Hero Did You Identify With As A Kid?

Seriously! Someone should poke him to at least read this thread, he would have soooooooo much good stuff to add!

MUYxKKWtD9ikim0oRv2Z8gJF_400.jpg

OMG! I loved this show...!

^^
Me too! forgot completely about Captain Planet.

Heh I always laughed at Machi, he had the suckiest ring ever. Ooooooh I can talk to my monkey!:m059:

how-to-draw-hamtaro-from-the-adventures-of-hamtaro.jpg

Cute,loyal he's the ultimate hero saving all the ham-hams from problems xD..i love hamutaro

728a6063e3bd20_full.jpg

this should count as a superhero..she's awesome!!defender of kindness, and justice..she's very intelligent and caring but at the same time very shy and very awkward socially!!she's the perfect NF introvert xD..go go anime

938908.jpg

Oh god the most misunderstood digimon in the first of the world..people saw him as cold and heartless but he really did had a heart and died in self-sacrifice..my hero xD

Latias_and_Latios___Shimmer_by_Swift_Chaos.png

Pokemon who sacrificed themselves to save the city from destruction, very kind and intuitive.

zakuro0pc.jpg

from tokyo mew mew, she's the loner and although deeply caring she can appear to be cold by her teammates, awesome hero though..she's always there to save everyone.

sakura.jpg

always willing to help everyone, kind, powerful..she's awesome xD

Last edited:
In one episode of Captain Planet a dude gives the planeteers these gloves that magnify their powers. In turn the glove corrupts them. If that wasn't an ode to Sauron and the ring wraiths I don't know what is.

My favorite hero was and is The Silver Surfer:
silversurfer2.jpg

His pacifist nature and existential angst was something I could identify with. The movie didn't do him justice.

There's a silver surfer movie coming out though. I'm assuming it will flesh out the story a little more.

Now we REALLY need SilentlyHonest to come back! LOL!

Solar Empath you are the shit dude. The Silver Surfer is so INFJ! One of the coolest looks ever! Did you ever see the DC/Marvel crossover where Superman became the herald of Galactus? He was the Golden Surfer...so cool!

_iceUrlFlag=1

Last edited:
Oh, by the way I used to love the Metal Men. Never heard of them? Well, I was a Silver Age (barely) collector. Still have a few hundred comics floating around in my basement. I wanted to be Gold, and Silver was HOT!!

_iceUrlFlag=1

Last edited:
Solar Empath you are the shit dude. The Silver Surfer is so INFJ! One of the coolest looks ever! Did you ever see the DC/Marvel crossover where Superman became the herald of Galactus? He was the Golden Surfer...so cool!

_iceUrlFlag=1
:) Thanks! I didn't know about INFJ when I was a kid, but I agree: Cromedome is an INFJ period.

Never read that crossover, but adjusting for DC vs. Marvel power levels, I think the Surfer could give Superman a run for his money...

Young Kid: For a given definition of identify, really any protagonist of like a fantasy-adventure film. I wasn't really like them, but I wanted to be. Also Gilgamesh if he counts.
Teenager: The Hulk in Planet Hulk specifically, also the Grey Hulk a bit. Syndra from league of legends. The Lizard from the amazing spider-man movie.

Strange as it might sound, one of the angels of the apocalypse.

I read a lot as a small child, and when I was given a Bible for my first communion, I read it all in a few days.

The angels in Ezechiel, one of whom went through marking the good people with a tau, and the others who went through destroying the bad people, seemed like elite commandos to me (before I knew what commandos were). Also, one in the apocalypse, who offered the prayers of holy people at the celestial altar, and called down the other angels to punish bad people seemed almost like a holy version of a secret agent, or some sort of military commander. The lingering sentiment is a sense that good people need someone to protect them from the sufferings bad people cause.

I didn't watch much TV, or read comics, growing up, so I didn't really know about movie super heroes until the somewhat recent spate of movies. But they didn't make much of an impact on me, since I was post pubescent, and less impressionable.