What Super Hero Did You Identify With As A Kid? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What Super Hero Did You Identify With As A Kid?

Last edited:
Superman ofc.

And Venom, I loved that character

Last edited:
As a kid my favourites included The Shadow, Gambit, Darkwing Duck, Swatcats.. and so forth

Wonder Woman

MPW-4421

As a kid... I was

CaptainMarvel800x600.jpg

He was a complete boy scout, literally. Young Billy Batson, an 8 year old boy could say "Shazam" and suddenly become Captain Marvel! Not much could be cooler to a young boy (and who is the only hero capable of kicking Superman's butt, I found out years later, because all of his powers are Magic).

Supe-vs-CaptMarvel.jpg

My dad even made me a red shirt with a lightning bolt on it and painted the gold design on a towel so I could wear it as a cape. I used to run around my neighborhood with my arms outstretched pretending to fly at maximum speed!

How could you go wrong with these powers!?

Wisdom of Solomon
Strength of Hercules
Stamina of Atlas
Power of Zeus
Invulnerability of Achilles
Speed of Mercury

Last edited:
Just watch the clip. :D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZg74STOfig&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZg74STOfig&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Oh wow, Super ted! :D Definitely one of my major childhood heros!
Let's see...
Spiderman (because I didn't like the idea of flying as a child, so the web-swinging was a good compromise).
Batman (I liked his helment with the little bat ears).
Ash from Pokemon (Everyone wants a pokemon, no matter what they say ;))

Weirdly, I hated all female hero characters XD I thought they were lame.

No one really, I could not identify myself with any superheroes I remember, I did not watch much of this ''superhero'' tv anyway.

I identified the most with Batman from Batman: The Animated Series, only; definitely not any of the movies or television shows, and I never read comic books. I guess I liked the idea of swinging through the roof tops and being a total bad-ass, even as a kid. I loved all the villains; I thought they were so interesting. And I still find them interesting.

When I was younger, there was She-Ra: Princess of Power and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Leonardo was my favourite turtle. Don't remember why.

And yeah, whoever said that the female superheroes were lame was right. WTF was up with that terrible Supergirl movie?

To continue to what I was saying..I never watched that much tv as a kid..but I would dream up my own, or maybe even become one of my own

Well, I have always been a big fan of Batman. Go figure.

But as a kid I most identified with Jubilation "Jubilee" Lee, of the X-men.... :)

Attachments

• 394px-Jubileedecimation.jpg
    394px-Jubileedecimation.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ofc Leonardo was the coolest, he wielded double ninja swords, that is, badass

heehee. Freud would have a field day with that one.

I've been playing with swords since I was a wee kid, studying seriously for over 30 years. I've won many tournaments, and have taught dozens in the art. Freud won't have far to go with me on the subject of swords.

Freud: "Why did you become interested in sword fighting?"
Me: "My dad taught me."
Freud: "And why do you continue to sword fight?"
Me: "Because I'm good at it."
Freud: "Yeah, that makes sense."

Oh, the ninja turtles! Mine was Donatello. Like Hercules, he uses wooden weapon without blades. These require more skill to become efficient against blades.

Mmmm, that Wonder Woman up thar's hot...

P.S. Freud needs to taste some electroshocks.

Last edited:
As a kid (growing up in the 60s) I really liked Superman. He seemed to have less angst and drama floating about him...pretty much invincible...and deeper awareness of things given his knowledge of the cosmos. I mean...he had a Fortress of Solitude!!! That and flying...wouldn't you love to be able to do that?

Now eventually they tried to make him more complicated...didn't work. I never bought off on the overly-convenient availability of Kryptonite either.

An intervention by Superman stood a very good chance of success....the affairs of earth-dwelling evil-doers were no match for the Man of Steel!!

I never got into the Marvel universe at all...seemed all the characters had issues that failed to engage me. They just made me mad. They may have had super-powers but apparently that did not carry over to their inner life.

Oh yeaaah....

And of course there was ZORRO! Zorro was my ultimate fav (although I saw the Russian dub of the anime series too... Didn't understand much of it, but hey! heehee). The Guy Williams series on Disney Channel was my favourite. I remember I somehow found out it played a repeat show at midnight so I would sneak downstairs after my parents went to bed to watch it. lol. I was die-hard.

Then there was and still is D'Artagnan.

Neither of them were superheroes, but damn, they were bad-ass fencers.

What is up with me and swords?

Rouge from X men and She Ra. Especially Rogue though. And I don't know how you guys can overlook Raphael's sardonic wit. Clearly the best turtle.