What physical features ... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What physical features ...

Fat is not a bad word.

For those that dislike fat, is this fat (cause to me it's total hotness but they probably have pretty high BMIs)?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Obesity and a lot of fat is a turn off to me especially in a circumstance when people simply don't care about their appearance (I'm not talking about people with disorders or things of that nature). If someone doesn't care about their body to the extent that they've let themselves go, it's a no-go in my book. They definitely don't have to be super active or fit (god knows I'm not) but some self respect for appearance is a must.

Also there are a number of types of attraction for me. One being sexual attraction. This is definitely the least important in my book and I consciously try to shy away from it. A woman can be drop dead gorgeous but that won't do a thing for me if she's 'stupid'. I respect intelligence and character way more than looks. Funnily enough, people I'm attracted to intellectually are usually physically attractive to me as well. I'm not super picky when it comes to the outside, but I'm picky as hell when it comes to personality and character.

Reactions: bs98r3kjf
No, it's more about the word itself and how it's often use in culture and society apart from it's individual uses or what any particular person intends. Many are sensitive to things like this, for good reason.

There are other terms or ways of describing preferences without using particular terms.

I think everyone has great respect for all here. But it's just a matter of being aware of the negative impression some words may leave when used.

It's just something we should be more aware of, that's all.

I realize this, but again, I ask, if you could please suggest one or more appropriate terms that we should have used, perhaps some of us will be able to avoid making a person feel uncomfortable like this in the future.

Last edited:
Extreme obesity is something I'd have trouble overlooking, but it is possible.

OT.....smoking is a mega turn-off for me, too.

Fat is not a bad word.

For those that dislike fat, is this fat (cause to me it's total hotness but they probably have pretty high BMIs)?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Tough one... I think those women would look better if they lost 15lbs but their natural beauty makes saying that much harder for me.

Fat is not a bad word.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I think they're attractive young women.

I know I personally wouldn't look that wonderful if I had their curves, though.

Fat is not a bad word.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thank you for posting this...certainly made me feel better about where this is going...These are the curves I have...

FYI...Marylin Monroe..one of the most beautiful women in hollywood was a todays size 18...I love my body the way it is, and i do take care of it...but medical conditions bar any weight loss...

These women are beautiful to me.

The OP asked for physical traits we find as turn offs. I only have one. Fat.

Since we're splitting hairs, I start to find women unattractive in proportion to how much fat they have on them. If a girl has a little fat on her, I find that a little unattractive. If she has a fair amount of fat on her, I find that fairly unattractive. If she has a lot of fat on her, I find that a lot unattractive.

On the other side of this coin, I don't have any other physical turn offs. I don't care if someone is so skinny that they're bony, and have virtually non-existent breasts. I don't care if they are so pale I can see their veins. I don't care if they are homely, have bad teeth, big noses, scars, or any other normally unappealing trait. In fact, I've known some skinny pale homely girls with bad teeth and big noses that I thought were some of the cutest girls alive, and just looking at them made me melt. I have no idea why I am attracted to what I am attracted to or repelled by, but I know what I am attracted to and what I am repelled by.

The OP asked for physical traits we find as turn offs. I only have one. Fat.

Since we're splitting hairs, I start to find women unattractive in proportion to how much fat they have on them. If a girl has a little fat on her, I find that a little unattractive. If she has a fair amount of fat on her, I find that fairly unattractive. If she has a lot of fat on her, I find that a lot unattractive.

On the other side of this coin, I don't have any other physical turn offs. I don't care if someone is so skinny that they're bony, and have virtually non-existent breasts. I don't care if they are so pale I can see their veins. I don't care if they are homely, have bad teeth, big noses, scars, or any other normally unappealing trait. In fact, I've known some skinny pale homely girls with bad teeth and big noses that I thought were some of the cutest girls alive, and just looking at them made me melt. I have no idea why I am attracted to what I am attracted to or repelled by, but I know what I am attracted to and what I am repelled by.

So a flawlessly attractive girl to you would have 0% body fat? Interesting.

Reactions: Gaze
Yes, it does make sense, thank you for clarifying.

Mind you, I just went back to look over the posts made and I can't find anyone saying that they would completely discount a person based on physical appearance. The OP just asked us to list things that we tend to find unappealing in another partner, not "deal breakers."

I should hope that none of us here are that shallow. :)

And I just want to give you a hug now, you, because I don't want to sound like I'm jumping on you. *hug*
*hug* I don't feel that way, actually. You're pretty tactful with your disagreement. And I appreciate it, 'cause I sometimes need to be handled with "kid-gloves" to protect my fragile self-esteem.
*sigh*
Once again, my insecurity has coloured my opinion, but maybe in this case it's not such a bad thing.
I have yet to meet a person in my life that I couldn't find attractive in some way.
And Quin-those girls are gorgeous. I would kill to look that good with curves.

Reactions: bamf
So a flawlessly attractive girl to you would have 0% body fat? Interesting.

That's quite an inference.

It's not physically possible to for any human to have 0% body fat and still be alive, especially for females who hold more fat cells in their muscle tissue than men.

Believe it or not, this woman has close to 10% body fat...

0815_A59.jpg

And yes, I find her more attractive than this woman, who appears to have somewhere near 50% body fat. Though I will happily admit that the woman below has a prettier face.

26d627a6952d85107ccd2100342621cb1223847862_full.jpg

However, I think this woman is as close to perfect as I've ever seen - and believe it or not she's probably got close to 20% body fat. Women carry their body fat percentages MUCH better than men.

Karen-Mulder-324x600-42kb-media-279-media-0208.jpg

Good, bad, or indifferent, I'm honest.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this...certainly made me feel better about where this is going...These are the curves I have...

FYI...Marylin Monroe..one of the most beautiful women in hollywood was a todays size 18...I love my body the way it is, and i do take care of it...but medical conditions bar any weight loss...

These women are beautiful to me.

That Marylin Monroe thing is a myth. She was a TINY woman. I remember Jennifer Tilly(who i think is the fucking sex) bought something of Marylin's at an auction and couldn't get it past her knees. Marylin was just a shade under 5'6 and at her heaviest she was 140 pounds. Which is about a modern size 8. But she usually was somewhere in the 118 -125 range according to her dressmaker.
http://jezebel.com/5299793/for-the-last-time-what-size-was-marilyn-monroe
http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmdress.asp

For what it worth though, aint nothing wrong with meat on anybody. I think those girls are perfectly beautiful. I have a different standard of beauty than mainstream America, culturally speaking. I'm trying my best to gain about fifteen pounds or so, because my proprtions are closer to Audrey Hepburn than anyones. Whatever, beauty come in all sizes. Thank God. I love aesthetic diversity.

Reactions: the

It's not physically possible to for any human to have 0% body fat and still be alive, especially for females who hold more fat cells in their muscle tissue than men.

0815_A59.jpg

And yes, I find her more attractive than this woman, who appears to have somewhere near 50% body fat. Though I will happily admit that the woman below has a prettier face.

26d627a6952d85107ccd2100342621cb1223847862_full.jpg

However, I think this woman is as close to perfect as I've ever seen - and believe it or not she's probably got close to 20% body fat. Women carry their body fat percentages MUCH better than men.

Karen-Mulder-324x600-42kb-media-279-media-0208.jpg

Good, bad, or indifferent, I'm honest.

I'll be honest the first women really is unattractive its not that shes an athlete its just well its not hot. To skinny and to much mucscle on here.

And the second women is very hot. I would totally date here and of course the last women.

I don't go for huge women but bigger women are ok.

But women who are too muscular really turn me off.

I shouldn't really talk I'm over weight and hairy.lol

0815_A59.jpg

So in your words that woman is a little bit unattractive solely because she has a bit of fat? I'm not judging or anything, just curious about how this all traits are equal except for fat would work out in reality.

I don't know. I've dated some pretty hideous men..
I can overlook anything so long as a person is clean and not very unhealthy.

I don't know. I've dated some pretty hideous men..
I can overlook anything so long as a person is clean and not very unhealthy.

Pretty much how I feel about it. I'm WAY too picky and unrelenting about other stuff to get bothered by physical stuff. But then again, I've yet to be physically attracted to someone I didn't find emotionally attractive first. Like I recognize someone is "good looking" by other people's standards, but it doesn't mean anything to me. I'm weird like that.

I don't know. Maybe I just had a bad and very unsexy relationship with a short man. It was kind of like dating Mr. Burns.
Plus sex was like a monkey climbing all over me. I don't ever want to do that again. Yikes.

Reactions: aeon