What is the sickest or most in pain you have ever been? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What is the sickest or most in pain you have ever been?

Haven't dealt with anything that bad in terms of pain.

As far as sickness, OD. Wasn't even anything hard, but anyway...

I had nothing left but to will my heart to keep beating and force myself as best I could to remain conscious in order to keep breathing. I was too ashamed to notify anyone in order to seek proper care. The extremities were all going numb due to lack of circulation. No palpable pulse. Hallucinations including voices and visual sparks due to lack of oxygen to the brain. Cold, clammy and consumed by dizziness and nausea, barely able to crawl to the kitchen to get water. A terrible feeling, and thankfully many years behind.

Dear god, your saying you just toughed it?

Dear god, your saying you just toughed it?

No doubt a stupid choice on my part, but I lived. I don't mean for it to come off as any feat of strength though. It may have been beneficial that I tried to remain conscious, but I think that ultimately my survival was just lucky in that there wasn't enough (and barely so) of a noxious mix in my system to stop my heart.

Reactions: Wyote
For me it was enduring H.E.L.L.P. syndrom when I was pregnant with my first daughter. Liver and kidney failior was hell and I was unable to eat or keep down fluids for nearly 6 days before they induced me in my 7th month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HELLP_syndrome

I've passed two kidney stones, at different times.
I also broke my tailbone a year ago, and slipped a disc in my lower lumbar region about two years ago.

The sickest I've ever been, the flu hands down. That was just plain awfull, I spent a week in bed, only got up to get a drink every now and again(couldn't even enjoy hat because the flu screwed up my taste buds screwed ).The most pain, a few years back I had a root canal. That wasn't so bad, enough novacain and you don't feel a thing. However the idiot dentist forgot or chose to not give me any pain killers afterwards. So when the novacain wore off a few hours after the procedure that pain came back.It was insane, I have no Idea how to describe it. It literaly had me curled up on te floor in tears.dumb ass dentist

Sickest = tonsillitis - I could hardly breathe and couldn't get up for a few days. (Hmm, but maybe I should put Glandular fever here? Seeing as that led to my immune system being awful. Not sure.)
Painful = Broken leg - good grief, they aren't kidding when they say a broken bone is one of the most painful things ever. This also led to an inability to turn while cycling.

Broken collarbone. I've heard it's the most painful break and my god I believe them. It was agony for the first few weeks, thankfully I heal fast.

I miscarried my first child and the pain came out of nowhere. Its intensity was shocking, horrible and took my breath away. By the time the ambulance got me to the hospital the pain was over but the grief began. A very sad time.

i'm so sorry sumone :(

the most pain i've been in was when i burned my arm with conc. HCl acid, oh my god that hurt so much, i was in tears. it didn't feel like anything at first, but then it stung like hell - and wouldn't stop stinging. it blistered pretty badly too, but fortunately didn't leave a scar.

Last edited:
The most painful thing I had to endure was tearing my meniscus and my hamstring in my right knee. It took the doctors about a year to find out what the problem was, during that time I kept dislocating my knee making the problem worse, eventually the meniscus was removed, after surgery was the hardest time for me mentally. I was told that I was to expect arthritis at an early age, as it is I have to get my knee joint reconstructed.
I was also told that I would end up in a wheelchair if I carried on with martial arts (that's a risk I'm taking) otherwise besides that I have also have burns on my face and arm, 2nd degree.
Those were painful but not as painful as my knee.

Otherwise I experience pain all the time, especially when I get pounded into steak tartare.

Last edited:
Most recently when I pulled AC at home. It was the most painful experience in my life. It hurt so much I couldn't even scream in agony because screaming would make the pain even worse. So I just lied on the flood, mouth gaping with no voice out and tried to move super slowly. The worse thing was nobody was home and I had to crawl and skipped on one leg. It took me a month to recover and I promised myself never to walk or run carelessly again.

Oh man, the worst pain I ever had is when I had sprained my ankle when I was doing some tornado kicks one session in my Tae Kwon Do gym.

I was practicing with my instructors and trying to utilize my kicks right, but I suppose a made a clumsy step and yep! There goes my ankle.

Was incredibly swollen and couldn’t walk normally for a whole month. Had to use an ankle brace for quite some time.

Another was my rib tattoo, which was right on the bone. Ouch!

My sickest is when I contracted a bad fever, strep and bronchitis. Had to use an inhaler for a week and a half. I was absolutely miserable.

Endometriosis, no need to say more. ;_;

I've been through a lot of shit, but the sickest I've ever physically felt was when I randomly got a fever of like 106F.
Had to go the emergency room and they put me on ice, literally. I was pretty sure I was dead and my whole life force felt like it just sort of faded away.
A bunch of hospital staff were all around me, but it's very hazy memory wise. I felt like complete shit beforehand, until that sort of point of no return where I had kind of just accepted my fate due to having absolutely no energy or willpower or anything. I just sat in a tub of ice, continuing to exist somehow. A few hours later and an IV pumping me full of liquid, I was back to normal.
Still nobody figured out what it was about really. A freak thing basically. I had a bit of a bacterial infection or something, but nothing dramatic. My body just kind of freaked out about it I guess.

Reactions: JennyDaniella
I've been through a lot of shit, but the sickest I've ever physically felt was when I randomly got a fever of like 106F.
Had to go the emergency room and they put me on ice, literally. I was pretty sure I was dead and my whole life force felt like it just sort of faded away.
A bunch of hospital staff were all around me, but it's very hazy memory wise. I felt like complete shit beforehand, until that sort of point of no return where I had kind of just accepted my fate due to having absolutely no energy or willpower or anything. I just sat in a tub of ice, continuing to exist somehow. A few hours later and an IV pumping me full of liquid, I was back to normal.
Still nobody figured out what it was about really. A freak thing basically. I had a bit of a bacterial infection or something, but nothing dramatic. My body just kind of freaked out about it I guess.

Damn, that’s terrifying. I’m glad you got better. Crazy how the body reacts when it comes those sort of illnesses, even when it’s minuscule. Smh.

Damn, that’s terrifying. I’m glad you got better. Crazy how the body reacts when it comes those sort of illnesses, even when it’s minuscule. Smh.

Thanks! My life is a series of terrifying events, it seems. Lolol.

giphy.gif

Thanks! My life is a series of terrifying events, it seems. Lolol.

giphy.gif

Hahaha! You’re not the only one!

I had various moments in my life that almost costed me my life; I shouldn’t be here right now tbh haha. But I suppose the universe has other plans *shrugs*

Hahaha! You’re not the only one!

I had various moments in my life that almost costed me my life; I shouldn’t be here right now tbh haha. But I suppose the universe has other plans *shrugs*

I say we try to get refunds. This ride is too scary and confusing.

Was stuck on a 14 hour trip with the worst toothache of my life and ineffective meds. Pain started 2 hours into the trip. When I arrived my friend raced to my dentist who gave me 6 lidocaine injections (they usually give you 1 or 2) to stop the pain completely. I am absolutely positive that childbirth would not hurt as badly.

Getting bitten by a venomous snake and almost dying.