What does an INFJ want? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What does an INFJ want?

I agree with Dove that the world isn't going to fix itself just because we desire it. Problem also is that if the world doesn't fix itself, we'll die out as a species. (well, the data suggests this anyways. there is still some debate on the issue.)

Have we all heard of 'stone soup?'

I'm beginning to thing it's the only way.

I agree with Dove that the world isn't going to fix itself just because we desire it. Problem also is that if the world doesn't fix itself, we'll die out as a species. (well, the data suggests this anyways. there is still some debate on the issue.)

Have we all heard of 'stone soup?'

I'm beginning to thing it's the only way.
Well, in the 90's there was this huge fear that once the population hit 10billion, there would be worldwide famine, riots, and mass deaths. It was claimed that we'd get there by 2010 no less, but as of '08, the population is only 6.6 billion still. In '95 it was 5.7 billion. People were predicting the population to nearly double in 20 years and it hasn't happened. People are also pointing to everything and saying its the end of the world all the time, and it hasn't happened. I'm not saying we should continue being dicks, but all this doom-saying has all proved pointless, and unfounded.

Well, in the 90's there was this huge fear that once the population hit 10billion, there would be worldwide famine, riots, and mass deaths. It was claimed that we'd get there by 2010 no less, but as of '08, the population is only 6.6 billion still. In '95 it was 5.7 billion. People were predicting the population to nearly double in 20 years and it hasn't happened. People are also pointing to everything and saying its the end of the world all the time, and it hasn't happened. I'm not saying we should continue being dicks, but all this doom-saying has all proved pointless, and unfounded.

Oh, I'm not allowed to agree completely, but it's not going to do any good rolling out all the data. It comes off as negative when, regardless of what the truth turns out to be, the best way to motivate change is through being positive. I just, you know, gotta figure out HOW to be positive about such a negative problem. Don't let me get you down =):m107:

This is interesting because I think I have a habit of doing this sometimes... by 'doing this' I mean spewing my idealistic plans all over the place. I think often what I'm looking for is not what any of you have mentioned- not reassurance that I'm right, or an addition to my ideas. I think most times, ironically, I'm looking for an argument.

So it's strange, but it's like here is my grandiose, unattainable, yet utterly genius idea. This is probably how he feels: he's got an ingenious plan to save humanity. He knows that it can't truly work but he feels like he can bounce the idea off you and you ought to bring him down to earth. Then he can argue with you fervently to protect his idea, secretly reconsider, and come up with a revised plan, or a new one.

And, if it were me, your response also indicates your level of interest. So right now he must be upset because your passive agreement shows a low level of interest (which is obviously true). He's telling you his passions, and you are saying yeah ok that sounds nice call me in the morning for tea. He wants you to be excited even if it means disagreeing, especially if it does.

I feel like I can really relate to this one, hope it's helpful.

This is interesting because I think I have a habit of doing this sometimes... by 'doing this' I mean spewing my idealistic plans all over the place. I think often what I'm looking for is not what any of you have mentioned- not reassurance that I'm right, or an addition to my ideas. I think most times, ironically, I'm looking for an argument.

So it's strange, but it's like here is my grandiose, unattainable, yet utterly genius idea. This is probably how he feels: he's got an ingenious plan to save humanity. He knows that it can't truly work but he feels like he can bounce the idea off you and you ought to bring him down to earth. Then he can argue with you fervently to protect his idea, secretly reconsider, and come up with a revised plan, or a new one.

And, if it were me, your response also indicates your level of interest. So right now he must be upset because your passive agreement shows a low level of interest (which is obviously true). He's telling you his passions, and you are saying yeah ok that sounds nice call me in the morning for tea. He wants you to be excited even if it means disagreeing, especially if it does.

Seems well reasoned to me

He didnt really do any of the bolded. Its almost as if he just kept repeating his idea.

I did have a low level of interest I guess. Mostly because his idea just fit right into my minds box of "This idea is stupid and will never work". But I thought I would not be a dick about it and did try to see it from his point of view. And his idea is a nice thought. But to me it is just pointless to talk about unless he somehow modified it. IDK...

He didnt really do any of the bolded. Its almost as if he just kept repeating his idea.
Me and Chaz knew an INFJ like that. Dumb as a bag of rocks and thought everything he thought was perfect, angelic, and always perfectly rational, even though there were many dozens of people telling him otherwise, followed by telling him to quit whining and repeating himself. I fully believe this guy you spoke of could be an INFJ. He doesn't need to be irrational, he can just be stupid. XD

Me and Chaz knew an INFJ like that. Dumb as a bag of rocks and thought everything he thought was perfect, angelic, and always perfectly rational, even though there were many dozens of people telling him otherwise, followed by telling him to quit whining and repeating himself. I fully believe this guy you spoke of could be an INFJ. He doesn't need to be irrational, he can just be stupid. XD

Maybe he wrote an anime about it. ;)

Sometimes INFJs have problems with face-to-face discussion. They may struggle with the inability of the other side to see their perspective. They may find themselves unable to clarify any further, or express the proper (detailed) reasons why the objections of the other side are false. It could be too obvious for them, and too difficult to reformulate. It gets much better in writing though; they really are able to see a problem from multiple perspectives.

It's similar with INTJs. It's a Ni-primary issue.

Someone to shave my legs for me.

Sometimes INFJs have problems with face-to-face discussion. They may struggle with the inability of the other side to see their perspective. They may find themselves unable to clarify any further, or express the proper (detailed) reasons why the objections of the other side are false. It could be too obvious for them, and too difficult to reformulate. It gets much better in writing though; they really are able to see a problem from multiple perspectives.

It's similar with INTJs. It's a Ni-primary issue.

I observe this to be true.

you all are getting away from the question..."what do we want" can be easily answered...something that is unattainable...the fantasy whatever it is

Last edited:
I want peace and a world where people are free to be true to themselves and always choose to be true to themselves. How about a world where people attempt to understand themselves and each other and aren't always looking for ways to fuck someone over. That would be nice.

I want cookies that don't make me fat

A woman who is cuddly, emotionally stable, and responsible.

Other than that, I wouldn't scoff at receiving ownership of a small country from which to mold my Utopian vision.

Everyone and everything in a clearly meaningful 'feeling' relationship to everything else. Kind of like, oh, a utopian vision of society that doesn't really apply to naked mole primates.

If you want to blow the immature INFJs mind, tell him/her that there is a deeper meaning in making imperfect meaningful relationships in a messy world while failing half of the time.

"I used to wait for it"

Last edited:
For the record, he's talking about my brother in the OP. My brother is an ENFJ.
Wa Bam!

The idea my brother was talking to corndogman about was something about if more people donated a small portion of their income to help impoverished people in our country, it would provide a lot of resources for them. He wasn't saying donate ALL your money or even most of it.. Just a few bucks here and there (only if you were actually able to afford it) would add up if everyone did it.

He was saying something about how the more money you make, the more your expenses go up or the more you're willing to pay for things.

(The conversation came about because he wants to start a charity foundation once he finishes his degree and gets some experience in his field.)

I thought it'd be fair to post that seeing as how people are automatically jumping to conclusions about this person being undeveloped and irrational based on what little was said.

Last edited: