What does an INFJ want? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What does an INFJ want?

For the record, he's talking about my brother in the OP. My brother is an ENFJ.
WaBam!

I got the info from you in the first place. Dont start changin it now.

If he's an INFJ he'll likely have 20 different MBTI types anyway.

More compassion, less arrogant directness or over stated superiority.

oops

I want a large island that I can shape to my liking. :)

Oh, and lot's of soul food. :)

And bunnies!

I believe that INFJs want a safe place to belong where their feelings are validated and their are not judged cruelly. I believe that sensitivity and constructive critisism is something that the collective INFJ mind would seek, and I believe that we should build this foundation here, at these forums, once more.

Treat others kindly.

Think about what you say or do and how you post advice to others.

Avoid passing judgement when possible.

Spread love and accept it.

These are a few general suggestions to keep in the grasp of your mind. It will surely help.

Reactions: grt$5vb
Or alternatively - watching someone prosaic and emotionally discordant become transformed into a romantic antithesis of their former self while said person remains harmonious with who they uniquely and essentially are?

:m197:

Which sort of amounts to making the world a better place one heart at a time.

Last edited:
It seems, to a large degree, people's wants are strongly influenced by their experiences in life in addition to being an INFJ. Having been sidelined or taunted or isolated all throughout my developing years in school by the other kids (and kids can be cruel to what they don't understand (well, they can be cruel anyways)), my biggest want simply is acceptance and people I like to seek me out for attention once in a damn while. The lack of this is very draining, and then others get something additional to shy away from.

Beyond this, I want humanity to shape up and take responsibility for itself... oh, and I want a cabin with a view on an underpopulated paradise planet circling around Tau Ceti, if anyone can arrange that for me, please. You know, nothing special.

In a mate, I'm looking for someone with enough self confidence not to hang off my moods, do their own talented thing (that I appreciate, like writing or artistry or saving the world, you know), and yet has that intrapersonal warmth I tend to associate with introverts (as opposed to dispersed friendliness I associate with extros). Hmm.. I sound like a girl.
:m125:

Reactions: grt$5vb and Gaze
Nope, I have seen many many many times where an INFJ fails to see that they are being irrational. It's actually REALLY common. INFJ's are not gods.

yeah like me

and my other INFJ friend

because sometimes being too good gets tiring

For the record, he's talking about my brother in the OP. My brother is an ENFJ.
Wa Bam!

The idea my brother was talking to corndogman about was something about if more people donated a small portion of their income to help impoverished people in our country, it would provide a lot of resources for them. He wasn't saying donate ALL your money or even most of it.. Just a few bucks here and there (only if you were actually able to afford it) would add up if everyone did it.

He was saying something about how the more money you make, the more your expenses go up or the more you're willing to pay for things.

(The conversation came about because he wants to start a charity foundation once he finishes his degree and gets some experience in his field.)

I thought it'd be fair to post that seeing as how people are automatically jumping to conclusions about this person being undeveloped and irrational based on what little was said.

coneheads1.jpg

Heres your new avatar lol.

I dont recall a charity being discussed at any time during his hour long rant. I think you are remembering things wrong and taking him being possibly underdeveloped personally.

Last edited:
I want to finally master something. Tired of being jack of all trades:m100:

More compassion, less arrogant directness or over stated superiority.

Yea, I could settle for that.

(Not INFJ)

yeah like me

and my other INFJ friend

because sometimes being too good gets tiring

Usually once an INFJ becomes irrational, their subjective experience of their irrationality is lacking, unlike some other types. Thank you Ti for always being right.... except not really.