What current series do you watch? | Page 18 | INFJ Forum

What current series do you watch?

Deep Space Nine is one of my comfort shows. It's damn good television.

https://www.themarysue.com/happy-fathers-day-benjamin-sisko-star-trek-ds9/

I love Odo so much. I wish there was a whole show just for him.
giphy.gif

Black Lagoon - completed. Series 2 was mostly disappointing. Series 3 was dreary and dreadful. The Rosalita Blood Trail storyline was downright boring.

Moving on to Death Note. L is amusing - reminds me of BC's Sherlock :relaxed:

I started watching The Boys.
It's great. I love the concept of sociopathic super heroes getting their come-upins. I'm only on ep 5 though. I love Frenchie-- he is the wild card (non-super hero) who follows his gut even though it always seems to bring disaster. The characters are all very interesting. I'm enjoying the social commentary as well. Anyone who is watching it. Let's chat.

started watching The Boys.
It's great. I love the concept of sociopathic super heroes getting their come-upins. I'm only on ep 5 though. I love Frenchie-- he is the wild card (non-super hero) who follows his gut even though it always seems to bring disaster. The characters are all very interesting. I'm enjoying the social commentary as well. Anyone who is watching it. Let's chat.

We finished that a few days ago. It was fun. I like Frenchie, too, and we both liked that, with one possible exception, there were no clear-cut "good" characters.

After that we watched Cobra Kai, which was great fun, and The Tick.

giphy.gif

We finished that a few days ago. It was fun. I like Frenchie, too, and we both liked that, with one possible exception, there were no clear-cut "good" characters.

After that we watched Cobra Kai, which was great fun, and The Tick.

giphy.gif
The scene with the plane (with Homelander and Queen Maeve) was one of the darkest things I've seen on a show. But it was brilliant. I do like that there are no clear good guys. Even Hughie. I did not expect he would actually press the button but he did. I have been meaning to watch The Tick.

Last edited:
Hughie makes really bad decisions for kind of understandable reasons.
I like grey characters too, to a point. When they are all so dark that even the good guys are awful, it becomes hard to find a person to root for. Billy has been the guy I root for so far, mostly because he doesn't claim to be a good guy when he's not doing good things (i.e. if Hughie were truly good we'd have a Clark Kent from Smallville or Barry Allen from The CW's Flash situation at hand). He knows it's everyone for himself, but he's got a nice sort of black heart. Frenchie is similar, but there is less to catch on to.

I think they didn't want Hughie to be a guy that you'd root for, even though his is the perspective we start out from as a viewer.
They're trying to ruin the zero to hero trope with him :tearsofjoy:, all for the sake of hyperrealism within a fictional universe.

We'll see how things develop.

Last edited:
Possible, but she is a little bit too "goody two shoes". I'd like to see how her character develops in the next season.
I don't see INFJ for her. At least I'm not seeing it yet. I'm on ep8 now. She's definitely an NF at least.

Hughie makes really bad decisions for kind of understandable reasons.
I like grey characters too, to a point. When they are all so dark that even the good guys are awful, it becomes hard to find a person to root for. Billy has been the guy I root for so far, mostly because he doesn't claim to be a good guy when he's not doing good things (i.e. if Hughie were truly good we'd have a Clark Kent from Smallville or Barry Allen from The CW's Flash situation at hand). He knows it's everyone for himself, but he's got a nice sort of black heart. Frenchie is similar, but there is less to catch on to.

I think they didn't want Hughie to be a guy that you'd root for, even though his is the perspective we start out from as a viewer.
They're trying to ruin the zero to hero trope with him :tearsofjoy:, all for the sake of hyperrealism within a fictional universe.

We'll see how things develop.
I think there are a lot of nods to Hughie being like Peter Parker, too.

Frenchie is my favorite so far. I think he seems very ENFP and I love his concern for Kimiko and not giving up on her because he sees her humanity despite the others seeing her as a deadly beast. Following his feeling on her is what leads to them discovering what's really going on.

I hope that we get more of his back story.

Last edited:
I like grey characters too, to a point. When they are all so dark that even the good guys are awful, it becomes hard to find a person to root for.

If you haven't watched it, Cobrai Kai is similar. The major characters are shows as both "good" and flawed. They are rivals and it is hard to pick a side.

Billy has been the guy I root for so far, mostly because he doesn't claim to be a good guy when he's not doing good things

That's interesting. I don't like him, but he may end up being the most heroic one of them all, similar to the Snape arc.
So far, there isn't anyone I root for in The Boys. They're (almost) all awful, but some of them are motivated by the right ideals, which makes it worth watching.
So far, Annie seems like the only one who is good.

Actually, Black Noir is hilarious to me.

I don't see INFJ for her. At least I'm not seeing it yet. I'm on ep8 now. She's definitely an NF at least.

She's a naive, good-hearted idealist who catches on when people are being sneaky. I see why people label her INFJ, but I don't think she is, either. She's too idealist and too pure.
ENFP sounds good for Frenchie.