What Books Are You Currently Reading? (Part 2) | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

What Books Are You Currently Reading? (Part 2)

Uhh romance novels and history hehe. Also, some comedy such as How to Archer (I recommend this). I just bought Pride and Prejudice and The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. Which reminds me I can't wait for season 3 of The Man in the High Castle to premiere tomorrow.

Yeah novels and movies tend to differ from each other. Mostly for entertainment purposes. I haven't watched Contact in years lol. I might put it in my reading list :)

Omg!! You're going to read one of my favorite books of all time! Pride and Prejudice is amazing, especially the characters and storyline, you're going to love it. :) :smiley::smiley:

And wow! You like romantic and history novels? What are your favorites? :)

I actually always wanted to watch The Man in the High Castle! I just never have the time since I am always so busy with college classes lol. It's on Amazon Prime right?

Currently reading Death in Venice by Thomas Mann.

You're welcome ;)

How is it?

Haha, thank you! *hug*

So I'm about halfway in... I found it quite difficult at first, to be honest. Very dense, thick, hyper descriptive, almost suffocatingly so. But I think that's because I had become so used to the spacious, economical style Hesse employs in Siddartha, which is the book I was reading prior to Death in Venice.

I am liking it a lot more now. Mann definitely creates a unique atmosphere, and the story is fascinatingly voyeuristic and menacing.

I'm having a tough time guessing his type, based on the writing. Any ideas?

Haha, thank you! *hug*

So I'm about halfway in... I found it quite difficult at first, to be honest. Very dense, thick, hyper descriptive, almost suffocatingly so. But I think that's because I had become so used to the spacious, economical style Hesse employs in Siddartha, which is the book I was reading prior to Death in Venice.

I am liking it a lot more now. Mann definitely creates a unique atmosphere, and the story is fascinatingly voyeuristic and menacing.

I'm having a tough time guessing his type, based on the writing. Any ideas?
My god... I have no idea.

I told you a while ago that I only read Mario und der Zauberer for school and that was almost a decade ago (7-8 yrs ago at least). But I do remember that I felt I had to read it in as little time as possible (took me three days and a lot of focus) and that it held a lot of description, making the discrepancy between [shit, I have to look up the terms in English] narrative time (Erzählzeit) and plot duration (erzählte Zeit) a complete flip from what I am used to in fiction.
By the end of it, say the last third, I too was captivated by his writing, having grown used to it, even learned to appreciate it.

As for type, I don't know if the amount of detail could refer to Si, but if so, it is certainly higher in the stack than tertiary. To say any more, I'd have to read something of his again. Might give Death in Venice a chance, it being a novella.

Omg!! You're going to read one of my favorite books of all time! Pride and Prejudice is amazing, especially the characters and storyline, you're going to love it. :) :smiley::smiley:

And wow! You like romantic and history novels? What are your favorites? :)

I actually always wanted to watch The Man in the High Castle! I just never have the time since I am always so busy with college classes lol. It's on Amazon Prime right?

The most recent novels I read were Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt and The River Why by David Duncan. Lol I just binged out on their entire season 3, yes it's on Amazon Prime. It's very suspenseful with an alternate reality background though it has a bit of a supernatural feel later in the series.

Yesterday I started reading Thomas Mann's The Magic Mountain. Very excited about this one, I must say.

@Rowan Tree I hope I won't be disappointed :wink:

@Rowan Tree I hope I won't be disappointed :wink:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Wyote and Ren
Since a couple years now I rather read non-fiction than anything else (maybe because of self-improvement or a thirst for inter-disciplinary studies and concepts..finding patterns and meanings).
Also I enjoy creating stories with other (I'm no novel writer but I do alot chat-roleplaying.. which is like a mixture of interactive writing (game mastering) and improv/acting). It's always weird switching into an already told story from there.. xD (or maybe I don't have the fitting recommendations when it comes to the huge selection of "what story to read next")..

anyways.. love.. and always will love and re-read..the following fantasy novel:

...... "The Kingskiller Chronicle": "The Name of the Wind" (Book 1) and "The Wise Man's Fear" (Book 2) by Patrick Rothfuss ....

The Protagonist is a fool in his youth, the world and magic system is breathtaking and there is so much intelligent storywriting skills between the lines and characters (and and and).. it makes you find new input everytime you re-experience the story and hence have a new perspective and feelings about Book 3 (hopefully coming out soon.. ...)..

I just finished the 7the book of The Dresden Files series, not sure if I should continue reading. It's fast-paced so I used it to get out of my reader's block.