Things That Freak Introverts Out | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Things That Freak Introverts Out

One time I had to travel with a group of coworkers I didn't know well for job travel. It was the worst... Had to stay at a hotel and everyone wanted to go bars in the evenings because they had nothing to do. I really didn't want to go I pretty much had to... *sigh* those "professional" business trips

People talking on cell phones in public - especially in the restroom stall next to me.
I go to a lot less movies nowadays because peeps are doing stuff on their phones and the light is distracting. B'sides, I get a better picture at home thanks to Blu Ray & HDTV.
Social media. Overrun with savages.
Fans. It's short for "fanatic."
That so many people consider Donald Trump a viable candidate for POTUS - regardless of who his opponents have been.
Hugs that border on molestation.
The prospect of being a recording artist with no interest in being a performing artist.
Watching/listening to people complain about the shortcomings of others while exhibiting the very shame trait(s).
Personal space invasions.
Close-minded loud-mouthiness.
Someone wearing too much fragrance - especially cheap fragrance.
Madonna playing the age card.
Someone watching me eat.
Unsolicited advice. Especially from those who preach but don't practice.

Unavoidable annoyances. Thankfully, everything I've listed above is either avoidable or something I know how to handle. 11 years as a flight attendant for an airline that favors extraversion and being a student of Wallace D. Wattles' "Science of..." trilogy have really proven to be invaluable. Reading through the posts have made me laugh and made me very grateful. Great topic!

I wish I could like this list 300 times. I'd even airbrush the likes' abs.

Someone watching me eat.

Worst thing ever. Ever. I don't eat if not eating is acceptable at the time. Or I stand and eat, if that is acceptable. If I can't escape a close encounter eating, I am extremely self conscious. Unless it's sitting around the table with my kids. I can handle that by ripping into them.

"Milky Jr. What's with all the gravy in your beard!? That's Gross!"

"Melba Toast! Stop slurping this instant! It's disgusting AF!"

"Baby Bandita, if you don't chew with your mouth closed you're gonna have to eat outside! Gah!"

"And all of you Lil shits, stop scraping your fork on your teeth! You're all driving me crazy!"

I wish I could like this list 300 times. I'd even airbrush the likes' abs.
LOL. I am humbled and tickled.
Worst thing ever. Ever. I don't eat if not eating is acceptable at the time. Or I stand and eat, if that is acceptable. If I can't escape a close encounter eating, I am extremely self conscious. Unless it's sitting around the table with my kids. I can handle that by ripping into them.

"Milky Jr. What's with all the gravy in your beard!? That's Gross!"

"Melba Toast! Stop slurping this instant! It's disgusting AF!"

"Baby Bandita, if you don't chew with your mouth closed you're gonna have to eat outside! Gah!"

"And all of you Lil shits, stop scraping your fork on your teeth! You're all driving me crazy!"
Too funny! Imagine being a flight attendant on aircraft where the lavatories and galleys share the same place. You're trying to eat, people are standing about 4-5 feet away, waiting for the lavatory, watching you eat, sometimes commenting.

Definitely not a fit for an INFJ - perhaps not for introverts at all. Maybe corporate flight attending...

Flying - No.
Commenters - No.
Close quarters with strangers - No.
Eating near a bathroom - No.
Eating on a plane (or bus, or train) - No.
Using a bathroom in a confined area near where other people are standing/ sitting - No.

Nightmare job. :( I'm sorry.

Flying - No.
Commenters - No.
Using a bathroom in a confined area near where other people are standing/ sitting - No.

Lol exactly!

Reactions: Asa
That all sounds atrocious! I'm sorry you experienced that

Oh...it had its moments, but I don't miss it in the least.

Flying - No.
Commenters - No.

I generally enjoy flying, but for work? No more, please. And yes, I could do without the close quarters. BUT...I qualified to leave and keep my flight benefits, which are pretty good (who am I kidding? For a traveler, they're great!).

I have to give thanks for how the job enhanced my life, which it did in many ways. But the day I abruptly walked away from it was eye-opening. It was November 9, 2015. I was supposed to go out on a 3 day trip, leaving for the airport around 4:00AM on a Monday. I'd just finished a trip that Friday or Saturday, and leaving had been on my mind. In fact, I'd given notice for that December, but had been told I could leave sooner and still be eligible for re-hire (just in case...). I hadn't wanted to go out on the trip I'd already finished, and I didn't want to go out that Monday. I'd tried all weekend to get rid of the trip by putting it in giveaway, but there were no takers.

I awoke at 2:30 that Monday morning and checked again. Trip was still there. I called the scheduling department and told them I'd given notice for December, but that I'd like to "retire" that morning. The scheduler pulled the trip and I went back to bed. When the office opened at 9:00 I called and asked what things I needed to return (badge, manual, uniform pieces). I packed everything in my roll-aboard and drove through the airport. I went through employee security (for the last time. I'll miss that - if I start traveling), and walking to the employee lounge, I gleefully thought to myself: "I never have to do this again!" Even knowing I'd been wanting to leave for several months, I didn't realize I wanted to leave that badly. And to think I'm coming up on a year...

Trying to talk yet the person you're talking to is talking over/past you. Freaks me out when someone doesn't listen. :(

One of my biggest pet peeves. This is why I just want to avoid people in conversations sometimes. Yes, I know I can be talkative myself, but I try to listen, allow others to have my full attention when they are speaking, so I hate it when someone overtalks me especially when they assume they know what I'm going to say, and try to speak for me. It's like, I know what I want to say, don't say it for me. It's annoying. The need to compete with everyone's voice is annoying. Most of the time, I end up wanting to avoid conversation all together. Related pet peeve, when people think they have things figured all out, so they shouldn't have to listen to anyone else's thoughts or ideas, even worse. My first impulse is to duck out, but then they're looking for me to be their "listener" who sits there and says, "yeah, uh huh, oh really, hmm, ah, cool, nice." Tiring.

One of my biggest pet peeves. This is why I just want to avoid people in conversations sometimes. Yes, I know I can be talkative myself, but I try to listen, allow others to have my full attention when they are speaking, so I hate it when someone overtalks me especially when they assume they know what I'm going to say, and try to speak for me. It's like, I know what I want to say, don't say it for me. It's annoying. The need to compete with everyone's voice is annoying. Most of the time, I end up wanting to avoid conversation all together. Related pet peeve, when people think they have things figured all out, so they shouldn't have to listen to anyone else's thoughts or ideas, even worse. My first impulse is to duck out, but then they're looking for me to be their "listener" who sits there and says, "yeah, uh huh, oh really, hmm, ah, cool, nice." Tiring.
so I hate it when someone overtalks me especially when they assume they know what I'm going to say, and try to speak for me. It's like, I know what I want to say, don't say it for me. It's annoying.
This exactly!
Happened earlier this evening...speaker ended with 'you must be lonely with no one to listen to you'...wth lol