Things That Freak Introverts Out | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Things That Freak Introverts Out

I hate having an invitation for some "activity" just sprung on me, particularly last-minute. I don't like the presumption many extroverts make that one must go out and do things outside the home regularly in order to live a happy and fulfilled life. It's especially irksome when they invite me to outside events with the intent of "getting me out of the house," when I don't want to be gotten out of the damned house. I've already been out of the house the whole fucking workweek. Being in the house all weekend is N I R V A N A so leave me tf alone.

Can I say +1 million? :innocent:

I almost changed my type to INTP!

I'm on a course from work, I don't know the others too well, it's evening in a pub miles from our hotel and I don't have my own transport. Hey! Lets play Charades says someone. Great says everyone else except me. I was OK to talk shop with them for an evening but not this. Trapped in the cave, can't get out and the water's rising …..

Elderly lady next door asks me to go round. She falls out with just about everybody and she's got a beef with the people at the back - she doesn't say as much but she obviously wants me to go round and confront them for her. I'm sick of other people trying to get me involved in conflicts that have nothing to do with me. I pretend to not understand and just stonewall, but feel compromised because however I respond I'll upset someone, including myself ……

Other people's projections …. they either spray their expectations all over me or their pain or their shadows. They don't know they're doing it and I don't blame them, but sometimes it feels so insanitary ……. I can lose who I am in these. Do I do the same to others? Oh yes …. and that makes it worse.

@John K

The only thing worse than the first one is karaoke. Yikes!

The second - is their any choice but to keep one's head down? Goodness, I pity you!

The third - ugh! :( That is a very real and difficult situation.

Thanks @Asa - it's good to have a bit of a rant sometimes, and YES! karaoke is even worse but thank the gods it's never happened to me yet! :coldsweat:

Reactions: Wyote and Asa
@John K - I would become impolite, and leave if 'forced' to do karaoke.
(I also say 'thank the gods', though not usually on the forum)

Reactions: Wyote and John K
When your mom is on a phone talking to a relative you barely know, then hands it to you, telling you to say hi to him/her.