Things That Freak Introverts Out | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Things That Freak Introverts Out

I'll split a lane if asked, but rarely ask to split one

Reactions: Sandie33 and James
Here's another one: Salesperson, Mormon, or Jehovah's Witness knocking at my door =[ They know I'm home...shit, my cars parked out there...uh...

Jury duty notices.

Let me tell ya how to handle this... well, it's how I handled the one time I had to go for a conspiracy to commit murder trial.

During the selection process...
Judge: "Milktoast B, will you be able to perform the duties of a juror?"
MTB: "No."
J: "Why?"
MTB: "Because the defendant is sitting in that chair for a reason."
J: "Thank you for your honesty. You are dismissed."
MTB: "Ok, thank you. Deuces bitch."
J: "Bailiff, arrest Mr. Bandit!"
Then I got tackled while trying to run out the door and spent a week in jail for contempt of court and resisting arrest and had to pay a fine. At least I didn't have jury duty, got a week off of work and got paid $30.

Here's another one: Salesperson, Mormon, or Jehovah's Witness knocking at my door =[ They know I'm home...shit, my cars parked out there...uh...

*Anyone* knocking at my door. Go away and get off of my lawn!

When I lived in the city I had a "No Soliciting" sign on my door.

Demanding that I have ideas and share them.

People yelling. - I can't. stand. your. obnoxious. loud. noise. Gives. me. anxiety.
People panicking / temper tantrums during problems. - Ok, you don't need to freak out. Just stay calm. Everything will be fine.
Pointless emotionally fueled arguments. - Ok. I'm going home. Goodbye.
Gossip and talking about pet peeves from the past. - Ok, I don't care. Just shut up.
Small talk at the barber. - I don't want to talk to you. Just cut my hair and be done. Thanks. Wait, why do I come here again?
Small talk while picking up food. - Just shut up and take my money. Don't even look at me.
"Be normal". - define normal.
Group projects. -Gross. Looks like I'll be doing all the work again. I don't want to hear your complaining so I won't be showing up to any meetings.
Micromanaging. - Alright. I know what I need to do. Go away now.

Of course my Fe doesn't let me actually say any of these things...

Loved this post.

There was recently a guy on his phone having a blazing row with his partner, walking back and forth near my house. I nearly went out there to ask him to calm down. Why do people have to shout ? If they hit their thumb with a hammer, fine. If they're are at a noisy bar, trying to get served, maybe.

Otherwise ? to all shouters.. "Lower your voice and take it somewhere else...like the North Pole"

Competitive voice raising. Would rather enter a hot dog eating contest. Seriously, why should I have to shout or take on alpha-like aggressive tendencies just to get a word in? Seriously, I cede the floor. The stress is not worth it.

This reminds me... I had an experience with 'going around the room.' (No I'm not promiscuous) we were supposed to introduce and tell one thing we liked and one thing we didn't like about ourselves. Nervous as hell, and with false confidence I said I hated how I let my finger and toenails grow uncomfortably long until I finally decide I'm going to trim them, then I decide to put it off for one more day, go lay on the couch to pick my nose, slice the inside of my nose and lay there hating myself as I'm bleeding until I pass out. Then followed that with, I love myself, I'm perfect in every way. Some people stared, some laughed, the facilitator just said, "OK" and moved on like it was nothing.
LOL

People talking on cell phones in public - especially in the restroom stall next to me.
I go to a lot less movies nowadays because peeps are doing stuff on their phones and the light is distracting. B'sides, I get a better picture at home thanks to Blu Ray & HDTV.
Social media. Overrun with savages.
Fans. It's short for "fanatic."
That so many people consider Donald Trump a viable candidate for POTUS - regardless of who his opponents have been.
Hugs that border on molestation.
The prospect of being a recording artist with no interest in being a performing artist.
Watching/listening to people complain about the shortcomings of others while exhibiting the very shame trait(s).
Personal space invasions.
Close-minded loud-mouthiness.
Someone wearing too much fragrance - especially cheap fragrance.
Madonna playing the age card.
Someone watching me eat.
Unsolicited advice. Especially from those who preach but don't practice.

Unavoidable annoyances. Thankfully, everything I've listed above is either avoidable or something I know how to handle. 11 years as a flight attendant for an airline that favors extraversion and being a student of Wallace D. Wattles' "Science of..." trilogy have really proven to be invaluable. Reading through the posts have made me laugh and made me very grateful. Great topic!