Things That Freak Introverts Out | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Things That Freak Introverts Out

If my door bell rings! I will actually hide. My dogs will be jumping around and I'm sure whoever is at the door knows I'm home, but I'll be frozen with fear! What the hell is wrong with me?! :D

Reactions: Free, James and Asa
If my door bell rings! I will actually hide. My dogs will be jumping around and I'm sure whoever is at the door knows I'm home, but I'll be frozen with fear! What the hell is wrong with me?! :D
This was not always true but these days I have a lot of bills I can't pay. So I avoid the door for that reason. Previous to that I would answer, listen for 5 seconds, say "I am not interested" and close the door while they still were talking. Rude? Maybe, but no more rude than bothering me at home when we do not know each other.

Drunk and loud passengers on train journeys.

Questions which freak introverts out...

Family in unison: "So... Are you seeing anyone?!?!?!?"

hiding2.gif

be put on spotlight

be put on spotlight

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best for me... Is after a full of day of immersion in society. When I get home and I get a call late in the evening....

"Hey can you remote in and help me with this photo edit? I'd really like to talk about layer masks for an hour or so...."

giphy.gif

This stressor in a stress-free time always slightly freaks me out

Last edited:
Believe it or not....receiving gifts. I always feel vaguely guilty that the giver had troubled themselves on my account. I am rather embarrassed to be the impetus for a fuss. And then, add the overwhelming fear that my reaction will not be perceived as appropriate & somehow therefore hurtful. Am I effusive enough? Am I selling it? Can they garner the fact that I truly am both touched and grateful to have been remembered? Or am I just coming off as the odd alien being I sometimes feel like I am (Spock's sister, I kid you not)? On the other hand, I utterly LOVE giving gifts....though the thanks/praise/emotional aspect of it makes me uncomfortable as well, so I tend to be a hit & run kind of gift giver.
As an introvert, what kinds of things freak you out? Especially about interacting with other people. :)

I will go first:
- Unexpected phone calls. Yikes!
- Unexpected phone calls where the caller wants semi-private background information about you. No!

Reactions: Asa