The Truth About Government | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Truth About Government

Which in particular and what particular words? personally I'm not a fan of the Birmingham or Liverpool dialects though I do like how they pronounce the double "o" in simple words like book or cook.

I cant stand Cockney, The Extreme north drives me crazy, my friend is a Geordie, I can barely understand her. The entire last Harry Potter movie just angered me, they sound like they're mumbling the whole time. Now I take pride in being good with language, and understand different dialects not only in the US and England, but in France, China, and Japan and other countries I had a linguistic tie to via friends. But in that movie, pure mumble.

I like the haughty british dialect like Hugh Laurie and a few announcers, but even then they would get annoying to listen to constantly.

I'm from the South originally. I remember what a lot of idiots the population was composed of and I spent years in acting classes erasing every last vestige of that god-awful accent.

Thank you, Barnabas, for providing a contrasting ideal. Certainly it must be better to live in a world populated by invisible, mass murdering super-beings copulating with virginal women, slaughtering children in their cribs, condemning whole populations to death for moral sins, and dictating that every being born is in need of forgiveness from the moment they slide down their mother's thigh.

Reactions: Kgal
I'm from the South originally. I remember what a lot of idiots the population was composed of and I spent years in acting classes erasing every last vestige of that god-awful accent.

Thank you, Barnabas, for providing a contrasting ideal. Certainly it must be better to live in a world populated by invisible, mass murdering super-beings copulating with virginal women, slaughtering children in their cribs, condemning whole populations to death for moral sins, and dictating that every being born is in need of forgiveness from the moment they slide down their mother's thigh.

Just a tiny over reaction there to the post Barnabus made, given that it was:

Barnabas said:
It must suck for yall to live in this kind of world.

Admittedly not the most constructive reply but it didn't quite merit such a response

Last edited:

I have also spent years in diction classes, getting rid of my accent. I hate the sound of it.

I kind of like "strange" dialects. It intrigues me how they can stem from the same language, but be so different at the same time with different rules governing them. Gullah Island in South Carolina is a really interesting example of strange diction. Some people use a type of English influenced by African languages, and most people cannot understand a word of it.

I am quite confused as to what the topic of this thread is. It seems to be labeled as government, but includes rants on religion as well as accents. It's odd and off topic. If it even has a topic.

I am quite confused as to what the topic of this thread is. It seems to be labeled as government, but includes rants on religion as well as accents. It's odd and off topic. If it even has a topic.

Well, politics is a dirty business...

This government is a squatting, lugubrious devil divested now of even the necessary practice of sublime politics and gorged to decadent rotundness, it's pestalent belly over-running it's belt-line as it's paunchy and pasty benefactors stuff it with ill gotten gains and the lympha of dead innocents.

It can be said of all hierarchy, royal and democratic (for there is no free democracy) that the leader, the beast trundles neatly up a pyramid of militantly minded youth ground to pulped and bullet ridden meat in the gormless, witless machine of his ambition. This gestalt of illness, this plague bearing psyche absconds with power by cruel amorality and a stark willingness to unmake better persons for the pitiful sake of the right to give direction to his fellow man.

Then a time circles round that the sickening monster, having fed mightily upon it's neighbors, it's poor people, and at last upon itself, must weaken. Another noble soul takes up that finest and most tragic of human enterprises, revolution. He slays that demon and takes his place at the feeding hole, ready to feast.

There is nothing left for us. We, the masses, gnashing our teeth, weeping, tearing our hair and flesh must either die as martyrs or live to see ourselves become the villains.

That's one perspective, anyway.

cheers,
Ian

You know I'm from the south too, I was born in South Carolina. my family flew a confederate flag under the Stars and Stripes and we drank sun made sweet tea.

We say yes sir, no m'am, and God bless. We call soda, soda and expect the best from each other. We work in the sun and play under the stars, we can catch, kill, clean, cook and grow our own food.

We believe in beer on Friday and church on Sunday, running around bear foot and treating each other with respect, even if it hasn't been given to us.

We don't want to fight, but we don't have a problem ending one. We don't like to stand out, but don't think we won't if we have to. We don't like to want to give in, so don't think we'll give up.

We sweat, we bleed , we die and we can take any thing you can throw at us because we were here first and this is our peace dirt and we don give a darn about what other people think. What do you think about that?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdbIj9I_TQ"]YouTube - Montgomery Gentry: What Do Ya Think About That (W lyrics)[/ame]

Actually I admit it makes me a little bit ill. I have just had to move a garbage can slightly closer to my desk for fear my stomach will suddenly reverse course and upchuck the strawberry banana smoothie I had for lunch.

Being born in that mentally disturbed corner of the world is a thing I have long since considered one of my great weaknesses and I take some pride in climbing out of it.

As to your reply,
I was out of toilet paper and happened to have a confederate flag so at least I can say those colors have saved me once, although I cannot say they didn't have some runs.

The tea so sweet a straw would stand up is a fond memory for me too. Watching all those diabetic rednecks drawling out their last death rattle laying in a puddle of urine at a Nascar rally from choking it down is another.

I remember fondly those parasites from catching, killing, and cooking one's own food. Ahhh, the tapeworms and blood infections.

So too, the joys and nostalgia I feel thinking of the trips to church on Sunday and knowing all the preachers still had the smell of semen on their breath when they'd pass the communal wine down the way and I'd get a hint of salty-backwash.

It was a great time under the enforced brain-washing conformity all wrapped up in the goodygoody Christ-love but only so long as you're not gay. Those were grand moments in my life, particularly hearing the street-corner preachers shrieking about the federal government coming to abort everyone's babies.

I do remember all that sweating and bleeding. It was a fantastic time, laying on your back in the hot noon-day sun, watching latinos, blacks, and other immigrants sweat and bleed for that brain-damaged image of a South un-tarnished by amoral folk.

Now, we have the Tea Party! Another beautiful expression of Southern intellect here to save us from them muslim presidential terror babies wantin' to tax our earnings to send grandma in front of a death panel.

As a northerner now in the south I find "y'all" to be a great word and "all y'all" to be profound.

Reactions: acd
You know I'm from the south too, I was born in South Carolina. my family flew a confederate flag under the Stars and Stripes and we drank sun made sweet tea.

We say yes sir, no m'am, and God bless. We call soda, soda and expect the best from each other. We work in the sun and play under the stars, we can catch, kill, clean, cook and grow our own food.

We believe in beer on Friday and church on Sunday, running around bear foot and treating each other with respect, even if it hasn't been given to us.

We don't want to fight, but we don't have a problem ending one. We don't like to stand out, but don't think we won't if we have to. We don't like to want to give in, so don't think we'll give up.

We sweat, we bleed , we die and we can take any thing you can throw at us because we were here first and this is our peace dirt and we don give a darn about what other people think. What do you think about that?

YouTube - Montgomery Gentry: What Do Ya Think About That (W lyrics)

Chessie said:
Actually I admit it makes me a little bit ill. I have just had to move a garbage can slightly closer to my desk for fear my stomach will suddenly reverse course and upchuck the strawberry banana smoothie I had for lunch.

Being born in that mentally disturbed corner of the world is a thing I have long since considered one of my great weaknesses and I take some pride in climbing out of it.

As to your reply,
I was out of toilet paper and happened to have a confederate flag so at least I can say those colors have saved me once, although I cannot say they didn't have some runs.

The tea so sweet a straw would stand up is a fond memory for me too. Watching all those diabetic rednecks drawling out their last death rattle laying in a puddle of urine at a Nascar rally from choking it down is another.

I remember fondly those parasites from catching, killing, and cooking one's own food. Ahhh, the tapeworms and blood infections.

So too, the joys and nostalgia I feel thinking of the trips to church on Sunday and knowing all the preachers still had the smell of semen on their breath when they'd pass the communal wine down the way and I'd get a hint of salty-backwash.

It was a great time under the enforced brain-washing conformity all wrapped up in the goodygoody Christ-love but only so long as you're not gay. Those were grand moments in my life, particularly hearing the street-corner preachers shrieking about the federal government coming to abort everyone's babies.

I do remember all that sweating and bleeding. It was a fantastic time, laying on your back in the hot noon-day sun, watching latinos, blacks, and other immigrants sweat and bleed for that brain-damaged image of a South un-tarnished by amoral folk.

Now, we have the Tea Party! Another beautiful expression of Southern intellect here to save us from them muslim presidential terror babies wantin' to tax our earnings to send grandma in front of a death panel.

....wow, you two are so similar it's almost scary lol. You both care very deeply, about your way of life and others, both willing to stand up for what you believe it and you both care enough to try and tell others of your message, be it the plights you've experienced on the lessons you've learned through life.....buuut I gotta be honest, I don't particular care so much lol, I understand the need to defend oneself and to defend what you love but I live in merry old England things work a bit differently, for one thing we have tea AND crumpets as an optional lunch and none of this cold tea stuff proper hot tea so....everything is pretty much rainbows and sunshine here :D

....minus the weather which is freaking horrible atm.

As to your reply,

You're lumping all people born in the south into one big pile and labeling them red necks. I hate to break it to you, but most of the things you have ranted about are far from exclusive to the south. In fact, some o them are worse in northern states like Michigan and Wisconsin. Red necks are far from exclusive to the south, hun. There are places down here that are simply fantastic. Ever been to New Orleans? It might be one of the most accepting and p[en places I have ever been. Sure you've got cities that are not so open, but that's the same nation wide these days.

Oh and being born in a certain place is not a weakness. It's something that wasn't up to you and something you can not change. An example of a weakness would be the prejudice and persecution that is often associated with people from the south. Now, did you inherit that? If so, then yes, I'd consider it a weakness. Birthplace is simply not and to think of it as such is kind of silly.

Also, why the hang up on eating something you or someone you know killed? I have been eating game my entire life and have had no issue with it. If you thoroughly examine the animal before properly preparing it (or having someone else prepare it) you should be fine. I don't see how it's any different than eating meat you buy from a store. Except for the fact that some wild game actually tastes better.

Ay! What'cha trying to insinuate?

That my family from the UP are stereotypical rednecks. Almost identical to what Chessie described as a southern person. *shrugs*

Sorry, I was raised in a log cabin and born in a house with a wood-stove and nothing else. Eating meat that comes from something you killed is not unfamiliar to me either.

I think climbing out of that hunter-gatherer mind-set is one of the things which sets us apart from the chimps. My family is composed entirely of 'stereotypical rednecks'. I remember all the child-fucking, criminal behavior that constitutes a 'southern family' and how they all 'band together' when they're attacked...and how they perceive attack from every quarter, constantly. Animals do the same thing.

Being brought up in that gross life-style composed of constant fear and intimidation is a weakness. It was not my family alone. It was the family of every red-neck piece of shit around me. That was the lifestyle.

The intelligent ones left and the stupid ones stuck around to breed and support the family. My best friend got pregnant at 14. I'm a grand-aunt because of the sick world created by the 'proud southern redneck'. Our youngest so far got pregnant at 12. I'm 25 year old.

On the surface, it's a lot of pride and patriotism and protecting the family and tradition. It's all bullshit. Underneath there's nothing but illness, back-stabbing, sexual repression, conformity, abuse, and domination.

I've done a study on the proud redneck. I lived that life and I damn well take a certain joy in getting away from that.