[ENTJ] - The First 2020 Presidential Debate (Biden vs Trump) | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

[ENTJ] The First 2020 Presidential Debate (Biden vs Trump)

Who won the debate?

• Biden.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trump.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, it would keep them out of the public eye (letting the debate storm die down) while building sympathy.
Everything Trump says is calculated to be in his own best interest to either increase his popularity, finances or take care of physical urges. Typical sociopath.
The timing with the upcoming vote is suspicious to say the least.

Some questions revolving around this late night reveal on Twitter:

Why would he have announced it so late at night?
Was it the result of a late night test?
Was he stewing on how to ramp up his appeal to voters?
Why bring Melania into it?
Assuming they interact with their youngest son daily, wouldn't this mean their son is also infected, but no word there?
If he were to have a mild case and recover, would this seal his argument with supporters that COVID-19 is not as bad as those numbers tell us?

Having had an ex who pulled this crap on me to get his way I give it a 50/50 chance that Trump is lying about being infected. And if he's not, then may he and his wife recover, but still not have earned any sympathy from voters on the fence.

Everything Trump says is calculated to be in his own best interest to either increase his popularity, finances or take care of physical urges. Typical sociopath.
The timing with the upcoming vote is suspicious to say the least.

Some questions revolving around this late night reveal on Twitter:

Why would he have announced it so late at night?
Was it the result of a late night test?
Was he stewing on how to ramp up his appeal to voters?
Why bring Melania into it?
Assuming they interact with their youngest son daily, wouldn't this mean their son is also infected, but no word there?
If he were to have a mild case and recover, would this seal his argument with supporters that COVID-19 is not as bad as those numbers tell us?

Having had an ex who pulled this crap on me to get his way I give it a 50/50 chance that Trump is lying about being infected. And if he's not, then may he and his wife recover, but still not have earned any sympathy from voters on the fence.
Yup.

The thing is, we'd probably never know if this is legit simply because the trust is so low.

My ex forged a doctor's note saying that she was pregnant, for instance, and people of this temperament are very comfortable with doing such things. Trump is capable of doing the same.

Whatever the truth is, the man is a mind fuck.

Guess who just tested positive for Covid-19 along with his wife?
I'm not surprised ... Rumor has it he asked Dr. Faucci to personally treat him?
Takes brass to ask that.

WP says Barron is negative, (pretty sure he spends more time with his nanny), as well as Ivanka and Jared.
Whatever the truth is, the man is a mind fuck.
He certianly is!

Now he's in the hospital after receiving a huge dose of an experimental treatment. Guess he got this hoax real bad.

Yeah, but once he does the CCP politburo will just replace him with someone else like him. He's not the issue as much as their system is.
Did you misread my post? It seems like you are replying to a comment about him dying or something

They had to throw out 20 percent of the votes in the New York primary that used the universal mail in ballot system. Elections are decided by single percentage points. 20 percent being thrown out for the voter having already voted, having a signature that isn't even close to matching official records, or just straight up being dead at the time of election is a fuckton of fraud.

NYC has actually historically had a lot of issues with absentee ballots (the last election, I think I read it was pretty close to 20% of invalid mail-ins, as well). I'd be interested to see a breakdown as to what the problems with these ballots are. I'm willing to bet a lot of it is straight-up voter incompetence. There has been a lot of independent investigation into voter fraud, and as far as I know none of these investigations have yielded evidence that there's non-trivial, intentional voter fraud.

I do think that it's a problem that there isn't some sort of centralized, standardized method of validating mail-in ballot issues... my main issue with Trump's arguments in the debate (and in general) is that he doesn't articulate problems well or what his solutions would be, and removing the option of mail-in voting during a pandemic is problematic.

America really needs to get their shit together when it comes to processes like mail-in voting, but I'll eat my hat the day there are well-executed, streamlined local/federal government processes in this country..

People here are equating insensitivity to racial issues with racism, when it's just insensitivity.

Racism in government is when policies and discussions are knowingly designed to disadvantage some demographics.

Racism is an overloaded term, and I imagine if you polled two randomly people on the definition and did this experiment repeatedly, you'd rarely get definitions that were completely synonymous with each other.

I think the people in this thread accusing him of being racist are implying that he as an individual says things that indicate that he views other races as inferior. Policy-wise, you can probably accuse every president the U.S. has ever had of being racist, depending on what you're talking about, and depending on where you get your data from and how the source spins it.

IMO the bigger problem with him is that he's purposely provocative and seems to have very little control of his emotions. During the debate, he was so blinded by his emotions that he spent most of it making frustrated little side remarks to Biden instead of actually addressing the "people".

Can I trade you the proud boys for antifa? Let's lock up all these troublemakers.

Not exactly but it's quite possibly sarcasm. A lady shouted something like "you're a trump supporter, you're a white supremacist" and the man replied something like "oh yeah, white power, white power"

It's also hard as shit to hear with everyone in the video shouting.

Well, I'm not interested in the Proud Boys getting locked up. I don't agree with their assertions about men, white men, or Western culture being under siege*, but they and anyone else have the right to peacefully believe what they believe. I can get behind the general idea that fascism is bad, but not agreeing with the Proud Boys does not make me pro-antifa, which seems to be the assumption if a trade is called for. I know you said it in a joking manner, but it does kind of highlight the polarization that's paralyzing us as a country. Aside from that, I don't support violence or intimidation by anyone as a means to get a political message across, and I definitely think it's uncalled for to invoke either group on the national stage. I can already see that he walked it back again the next day and claims having no idea who they are, which again speaks to problems with nailing down his stance on issues (which you'd better be able to do as a president) even if his claim is taken at face value.

With the video, it's still beside the point. Even if dude was being sarcastic, it doesn't really address the fact that it never should have ended up being retweeted by the head of our government, and a person of that status continuing to make mistakes of that magnitude will naturally wind up in the hot seat.

Anyway, I still see this election as an unfortunate choice of the lesser of two evils. I know that some folks may see Trump in exactly the same manner as I see Biden, for reasons that I may not agree with but are likely just as valid to them as mine are to me. I think that as a nation, our best hope of moving forward is by avoiding what a friend of mine characterized quite well as as an absolutist mentality of "You cannot be right because I cannot be wrong." The present rigid and extreme views that we are blanketed with, and that political tribes both ascribe to and accuse each other of, only serves to hold a status quo in place for whoever is currently profiting economically from the current climate. I think that last part bears some further exploration, but I don't want to get all muir about it.

I'm still very curious about how the apparent irrelevance of the popular vote in the last election might play into the upcoming one.

*at least I don't agree that a shift in what traditionally defines Western culture is something that needs to be fought against. I think that as a disparity between cultural majority and minority gradually shifts, a progression towards redefining that culture in accordance with that change is a natural phenomenon, and it makes sense for the traditionally dominant culture subset to view that change as a threat if it reflects an erosion in dominance. Anyway, I will put it out there immediately that this could well be taken up in another thread or more, but I frankly have minimal endurance for it, so take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited:
Well, I'm not interested in the Proud Boys getting locked up. I don't agree with their assertions about men, white men, or Western culture being under siege*, but they and anyone else have the right to peacefully believe what they believe.
I never meant jailing anyone for an opinion, just putting through the courts anyone who commits violence on any side. I think you've taken an uncharitable interpretation of what I wrote.